[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

13 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

Yeah I  noticed that, sorry. I guess if I switch containers I have to reinstall plex? Takes days to index my media.....

Should copy your cache, media and metadata folders to another location and set up the new container. then copy those folders back into the new container and no need to index media.

Edited by Harro
1 hour ago, ashman70 said:

Yeah I  noticed that, sorry. I guess if I switch containers I have to reinstall plex? Takes days to index my media.....

1 hour ago, Harro said:

Should copy your cache, media and metadata folders to another location and set up the new container. then copy those folders back into the new container and no need to index media.

I switched from the unRAID docker without any issues. Not saying it can't happen, but I think for most people its pretty smooth. If you search the forum you'll find a few threads discussing the pros and cons of the different plex dockers and what's involved in switching.

Edited by wgstarks

I have had no problems with linuxserver/plex for the past year or so. I just was thinking that most of the media info was probably in those folders (cache, media and metadata) and might shorten the scan time down on if ashman70 were to switch containers to the linuxserver/plex container. I know that scanning a large library in can take a looooooooong time.

Sorry if this was asked before, but can you suggest PLEX Client for Linux(ubuntu)? i can play files in browser, but then trans-coding occurs - browser cant use local resources to play content if i understand correctly.. 

as far as i know, Plex have their own media player for Windows, Mac and Embed platforms only..

I am and have been having this problem for a long time - My server on the local network shows as "Nearby".  It changed sometime in the last year and i am not sure why.  Here is a log of plex. port 32400 shows up as red on deployed host ports.  Also there are some errors at bottom of log that are suspicious - Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host.

I have seen references in this thread but don't understand or see any answers directly to what my problem is.

Here is my docker run command - 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Anchorage" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_32400"="32400" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="plexpass" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/":"/media":rw linuxserver/plex

266da49f7f8008235f48962f809a7712b920de3e957f6a29d5daf658fdcd7220

and here is my log

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting dbus-daemon
[services.d] done.
dbus[271]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted
Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol
Failed to create IPv6 socket, proceeding in IPv4 only mode
socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.17.0.1.
New relevant interface docker0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface eth0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.154.
New relevant interface eth0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for 172.17.0.1 on docker0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 192.168.1.154 on eth0.IPv4.
Server startup complete. Host name is Tower.local. Local service cookie is 1520751470.

4 hours ago, uldise said:

Sorry if this was asked before, but can you suggest PLEX Client for Linux(ubuntu)? i can play files in browser, but then trans-coding occurs - browser cant use local resources to play content if i understand correctly.. 

as far as i know, Plex have their own media player for Windows, Mac and Embed platforms only..

You could build it yourself for Linux. See here.

There is also a Plex plugin for kodi.

Edited by saarg
6 hours ago, FrozenGamer said:

Thanks CHBMB, so it sounds like i don't really have a problem.  I could have swore it was nearer than nearby before :) 

How bloody close do you want it?  Plex Server:  Just 3 foot to your left, under the desk

:D

11 hours ago, saarg said:

You could build it yourself for Linux. See here.

Thanks, i tried it some days ago already with no luck. just tied it again with precise other software versions, and success.. looks like everything working now, happy days :)

11 hours ago, saarg said:

There is also a Plex plugin for kodi.

yes, but you need plex pass to get it working..

I'm running latest Unraid and PlexPass version of Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server behind a Google OnHub router.  I live in a condo community and my girlfriend lives in the same complex and we both share the same ISP provider, CenturyLink.  When I'm at her house connected to her router, Netgear WNDR3400; I get a relayed connection although the server (at my house) shows that it is fully accessible.  I've changed every combination of PNP On/Off, Manual Port to 32400, DNS to 8.8.8.8, and everything else that I can think of to get it working with no luck.  Here is the kicker.  On my phone at her house, I get a direct connection if I'm not connected to wifi and the moment I connect to her network, it goes back to relayed connection.  I've tested it from other locations and don't have the issue.  Could it have something to do with the ISP being in the same neighborhood or could I be missing something else?  I feel like I've got so many variables since I'm, also, using an OnHub router which I've read has rebind issues.  

Screenshot_2017-04-21-20-35-05.png

Screenshot_2017-04-21-20-36-08.png