[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Recent versions of PMS seem to be unable to transcode ac3 audio if the transcode folder is considered a network share.

I get errors like:

May 03, 2017 06:56:43.000 [0x2b991d608700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [ac3_eae @ 0x141f520] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-65581643-f0c2-4bf3-8612-fe665cfc841a/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/nkwncw59ivn0idwsdtef2bj4_506-1-2.wav'
May 03, 2017 06:56:43.001 [0x2b9916a00700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [ac3_eae @ 0x141f520] error reading output
May 03, 2017 06:56:43.002 [0x2b9917a02700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/265492/transcoder-fails-when-transcode-is-on-a-network-share/p1

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/269785/latest-version-of-plex-on-unraid-1-5-5-3634-will-not-transcode-videos-with-ac3-audio-maybe-tmp#latest

There are a few topics regarding this issue on the Plex forums—but I've been unable to fix the issue in unRaid.

I've tried downgrading the PMS version. I've tried mapping the /transcode folder to different places. 

Are user shares considered network shares in unRaid?

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 7.01.22 AM.png

15 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Tried mapping /tmp to /tmp in your template?

Same thing.

From what I understand in reading this Plex thread, in recent versions of PMS, audio transcoding was moved to /tmp and completely ignores the Transcoder temporary directory in PMS.

I've been banging my head against this for days, but I'm fairly new to all things unRaid.

10 minutes ago, nlash said:

Same thing.

From what I understand in reading this Plex thread, in recent versions of PMS, audio transcoding was moved to /tmp and completely ignores the Transcoder temporary directory in PMS.

I've been banging my head against this for days, but I'm fairly new to all things unRaid.

First Line: Update: This has been resolved in 1.5.4 which is available to the public. Removing the announce status on this topic.

So that rules that out if you update to 1.5.4.

4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

First Line: Update: This has been resolved in 1.5.4 which is available to the public. Removing the announce status on this topic.

So that rules that out if you update to 1.5.4.

My PMS version is plexpass—1.6.1.3722

Replaced my cache drive following the instructions here. Wasn't expecting to have any problems, so of course I did. Lost all my dockers. Trying to get them all set back up now. I've got plex re-installed and it seems to be working, but don't I need to configure extra paths for my media? It's been so long since I originally installed it that I can't remember.

8 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Replaced my cache drive following the instructions here. Wasn't expecting to have any problems, so of course I did. Lost all my dockers. Trying to get them all set back up now. I've got plex re-installed and it seems to be working, but don't I need to configure extra paths for my media? It's been so long since I originally installed it that I can't remember.

If you have CA, you can easily install your dockers again with the same options you had before. Don't ask me how in the new CA gui. I haven't looked at it yet, so I'll let you figure it out or maybe @Squid will reply.

You do still have your appdata?

1 minute ago, saarg said:

If you have CA, you can easily install your dockers again with the same options you had before. Don't ask me how in the new CA gui. I haven't looked at it yet, so I'll let you figure it out or maybe @Squid will reply.

You do still have your appdata?

That's what I did. Re-installed me dockers from "Previous Apps" in CA, but the variables aren't configured it seems. I figured out what AppData Config Path needed to be, but I'm guessing that I should also have paths for movies and tvshows since plex gives me an error that the item couldn't be played since it wasn't at the expected location.

SafariScreenSnapz025.jpg

11 hours ago, wgstarks said:

My bad...  If you clicked reinstall from the pop up, you got the default template.  If you clicked reinstall from underneath the description you got the correct one...  Fixed to work the way its supposed to.  If you haven't hit Apply yet, then the previously installed template with all of your volumes will still exist.  If you have hit apply, and can't remember for the life of you how you had the template set up or can't figure it out, then if you have a backup of the flash drive (ca appdata backup?) then you can restore the file from it (/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-plex)

58 minutes ago, Squid said:

My bad...  If you clicked reinstall from the pop up, you got the default template.  If you clicked reinstall from underneath the description you got the correct one...  Fixed to work the way its supposed to.  If you haven't hit Apply yet, then the previously installed template with all of your volumes will still exist.  If you have hit apply, and can't remember for the life of you how you had the template set up or can't figure it out, then if you have a backup of the flash drive (ca appdata backup?) then you can restore the file from it (/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-plex)

Is it possible to restore the file from within the CA Backup plugin? I restored the appdata but I don't think that restored anything to flash.

Or should I pull the flash drive and just transfer the file from another machine?

The restore purposely excludes restoring the usb files.  

Copy the file from your backup location.  (can do over the network...  /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-plex.xml  (or whatever the template is called) from the backup share to the flash drive (same location)

8 hours ago, Squid said:

The restore purposely excludes restoring the usb files.  

Copy the file from your backup location.  (can do over the network...  /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-plex.xml  (or whatever the template is called) from the backup share to the flash drive (same location)

Now I think I have the proper paths but when I connect to the webui I get a new user screen with instructions on how to add media. None of my media is shown. Should I delete the docker image file and try another restore?

DockerRunCommand.txt

my-PlexMediaServer.xml

Edit: I'm also seeing an orphaned PMS image that wasn't there before.

Edited by wgstarks
55 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Now I think I have the proper paths but when I connect to the webui I get a new user screen with instructions on how to add media. None of my media is shown. Should I delete the docker image file and try another restore?

DockerRunCommand.txt

my-PlexMediaServer.xml

Edit: I'm also seeing an orphaned PMS image that wasn't there before.

Seems like you're pointed at the wrong appdata.   Orphaned images can be safely deleted   one of your installs generated an error

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Seems like you're pointed at the wrong appdata.

I love you man. I mean that. Really.:D

Looks like I have two folders in appdata.

/appdata/plexmediaserver/ and appdata/PlexMediaServer/

Whats the best way to delete PlexMediaServer so that this doesn't happen again?

I love you man. I mean that. Really.

Looks like I have two folders in appdata.

/appdata/plexmediaserver/ and appdata/PlexMediaServer/

Whats the best way to delete PlexMediaServer so that this doesn't happen again?

Cleanup appdata. Probably sitting there in settings. Double and triple check (and then check again) what it offers to delete..

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

On 5/3/2017 at 8:05 AM, nlash said:

Recent versions of PMS seem to be unable to transcode ac3 audio if the transcode folder is considered a network share.

I get errors like:

May 03, 2017 06:56:43.000 [0x2b991d608700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [ac3_eae @ 0x141f520] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-65581643-f0c2-4bf3-8612-fe665cfc841a/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/nkwncw59ivn0idwsdtef2bj4_506-1-2.wav'
May 03, 2017 06:56:43.001 [0x2b9916a00700] ERROR - [Transcoder] [ac3_eae @ 0x141f520] error reading output
May 03, 2017 06:56:43.002 [0x2b9917a02700] ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error

I'm having the same problem. I've tried 1.5.4 and 1.6.1. I've also tried using both this docker container and the official Plex container, but the issue hasn't gone away

The only thing I've seen in the Plex forums as a possible solution is to wipe out the container and reinstall starting from scratch, which I'd rather not do if avoidable

I'm having the same problem. I've tried 1.5.4 and 1.6.1. I've also tried using both this docker container and the official Plex container, but the issue hasn't gone away

The only thing I've seen in the Plex forums as a possible solution is to wipe out the container and reinstall starting from scratch, which I'd rather not do if avoidable

Same experience. I got fed up and wiped the container and started from scratch and it fixed it for a few weeks. The issue popped up again just the other day so I had to start from scratch again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk