[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

3 minutes ago, osker246 said:

Same experience. I got fed up and wiped the container and started from scratch and it fixed it for a few weeks. The issue popped up again just the other day so I had to start from scratch again.

Yep, same thing. Different containers, different PMS versions. All end up with the same result. 

There are numerous threads on the official Plex forums about it and it is still a problem.

Thiiiis close to just switching to Emby.

11 minutes ago, zarnexx said:

Anyone know how to downgrade plex version to 1.4.4.3495?

Looks like 1.5.x having this issue.

Edit the docker with your preferred version for the version variable instead of latest or plexpass and then save the changes to the docker.

Edited by wgstarks
2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Edit the docker with your preferred version for the version variable instead of latest or plexpass and then restart the docker.

Tried to add '1.4.4.3495' but It did not do anything.

piwSW1x.png

Get a error message.

RvbUYxN.png

edit: just did a check for updates and I did update plex, same version but the error message disappeared. 

edit 2: I´m able to downgrade from 1.6.1.3722 to 1.5.5.3634 but not anything below that.

Edited by zarnexx
more info
15 hours ago, ljm42 said:

You have to know the full version string. For instance if you look here:
  https://www.plex.tv/downloads/
the full version string for the current public release is 1.5.6.3790-4613ce077

Unfortunately I don´t have it, not even in Plex data folder and Plex downloads website only lists current Plex Media Server. Any third party website I can use to download 1.4.x?

33 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

If you find the string you use that as the variable.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Yeah...searched for hours yesterday with no luck. 

My solutions was to install a second Plex Server on a Windows VM and use it if I need to transcode EAE related files. 

Edited by zarnexx
On 5/14/2017 at 9:06 PM, osker246 said:

Same experience. I got fed up and wiped the container and started from scratch and it fixed it for a few weeks. The issue popped up again just the other day so I had to start from scratch again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

On 5/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, nlash said:

Yep, same thing. Different containers, different PMS versions. All end up with the same result. 

There are numerous threads on the official Plex forums about it and it is still a problem.

Thiiiis close to just switching to Emby.

21 hours ago, zarnexx said:

Yeah...searched for hours yesterday with no luck. 

My solutions was to install a second Plex Server on a Windows VM and use it if I need to transcode EAE related files. 

I think i found the problem.  I believe it's a permissions issue.  Have you guys ran the new permissions tool on the appdata folder/cache drive?  I believe that's what created the issue for me.

I installed a fresh container from scratch.  Everything worked fine until i ran new permissions.  At that point, I started getting the transcoding error again.

1 hour ago, Peanutman85 said:

I think i found the problem.  I believe it's a permissions issue.  Have you guys ran the new permissions tool on the appdata folder/cache drive?  I believe that's what created the issue for me.

I installed a fresh container from scratch.  Everything worked fine until i ran new permissions.  At that point, I started getting the transcoding error again.

Yes I did ran it weeks ago.

I tried to install a new Plex server but experienced same problem. I can try again...

Are you having issue with all transcode or just with file with AC3?  My issue is just with AC3.

edit: just installed a new plex server and having same issue. I´m running Plex on a 'Unassigned' SSD if it helps.

Edited by zarnexx

Hey everyone,

I'm running into a space issue in my Plex Docker container (I think).

When I try to download the metadata for my media, I see the following errors in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 885, in emit
self.flush()
File "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 845, in flush
self.stream.flush()
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Logged from file runtime.py, line 1128

I have plenty of space in my array, but I'm not sure how I can set it so that the metadata is downloaded to my drives, rather than into the docker container.

Does anyone know how I can set the download path for the metadata?

Just now, Ezro said:

Hey everyone,

I'm running into a space issue in my Plex Docker container (I think).

When I try to download the metadata for my media, I see the following errors in the log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 885, in emit
self.flush()
File "/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 845, in flush
self.stream.flush()
IOError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Logged from file runtime.py, line 1128

I have plenty of space in my array, but I'm not sure how I can set it so that the metadata is downloaded to my drives, rather than into the docker container.

Does anyone know how I can set the download path for the metadata?

The metadata is stored in the /config folder, so that is in the appdata folder for Plex. You most likely have it on your cache drive.

3 minutes ago, saarg said:

The metadata is stored in the /config folder, so that is in the appdata folder for Plex. You most likely have it on your cache drive.

I have my appdata set to fill-up using all of my drives, with a 50GB minimum free space.

Do you happen to know what else could be causing that "No space left on device" issue? (And how to fix it)

Just now, Ezro said:

I have my appdata set to fill-up using all of my drives, with a 50GB minimum free space.

Do you happen to know what else could be causing that "No space left on device" issue? (And how to fix it)

What is the path to the appdata folder?

1 minute ago, saarg said:

What is the path to the appdata folder?

My volume mappings for PlexMediaServer are:

/data <-> /mnt/user/plex

/config <-> /mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer

And my appdata share is set up like this:

Edited by Ezro

You have your share set to use the cache disk (if you have one. You didn't say). If you have one, check if it's full. 

It's also advice to use a disk share for the plex appdata as FUSE  doesn't play nice with plex. 

Another thing might be your docker image is full. It might be plex stores metadata in temp before writing it to the config folder. 

1 hour ago, saarg said:

You have your share set to use the cache disk (if you have one. You didn't say). If you have one, check if it's full. 

It's also advice to use a disk share for the plex appdata as FUSE  doesn't play nice with plex. 

Another thing might be your docker image is full. It might be plex stores metadata in temp before writing it to the config folder. 

I actually don't have any cache drives at the moment.

How can I check if the docker image is full? Also, how can I remove the temp metadata in the docker image in order to continue downloading metadata?

11 hours ago, Ezro said:

The docker container's at 81%. I'm not sure why it's saying there's no space left. :(

Change the appdata folder path to /mnt/diskX/appdata/PlexMediaServer and see if that works better. 

Replace the X with one of your disks. 

got some problems with this now no transcoding works 

everything worked ok with 6.3.3 but now i got truble

[Transcoder] [ac3_eae @ 0x192aa00] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/config/tmp/pms-b1390c86-08d5-4f75-b806-117aeae488c0/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/9qhsvnovuymah5ees7nv1wrp_971-1-30.wav'

Edited by Johan71
9 hours ago, saarg said:

Change the appdata folder path to /mnt/diskX/appdata/PlexMediaServer and see if that works better. 

Replace the X with one of your disks. 

If I do that, once that disk fills up won't I run into the same issue?

I was hoping it'd use the whole array, and not really care about which disk(s) it's writing to.

6 hours ago, Ezro said:

If I do that, once that disk fills up won't I run into the same issue?

I was hoping it'd use the whole array, and not really care about which disk(s) it's writing to.

Just try what I suggested to see if it works. Then deal with the situation later.

I don't see why you would want to spread the Plex appdata on all your drives. This will spin up all drives when someone is browsing Plex.

Choose one drive and if it gets full, move to another drive.

6 hours ago, saarg said:

Just try what I suggested to see if it works. Then deal with the situation later.

I don't see why you would want to spread the Plex appdata on all your drives. This will spin up all drives when someone is browsing Plex.

Choose one drive and if it gets full, move to another drive.

That makes sense. I need to get an SSD at some point to use as my cache drive.

I actually had another issue / question about the docker container.

Whenever I restart the container, I have to go through the setup process all over again in the webui. As a result, I have a huge list of plex servers in my Plex.tv account. Is this supposed to happen?

2 minutes ago, Ezro said:

Whenever I restart the container, I have to go through the setup process all over again in the webui. As a result, I have a huge list of plex servers in my Plex.tv account. Is this supposed to happen?

When you setup again, do you also have to rescan your library, or does it remember your media? Are you sure you have your plex appdata mapped to persistent storage?