[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

33 minutes ago, Squid said:

Delete the orphan

Welp, i tried that and i got the same error as before so i tried restarting UnRAID and now i cant SSH to the server or access the web ui anymore. I can ping the IP-adress, guess i'll have to plug the thing to a monitor?

EDIT: Everything is working again, thanks Squid for your help.

Edited by peeqi

This latest update feels a little wonky.  I've hardly had any issues with the previous updates, but this one would not do Direct Play with any of my content via my Roku clients.  Oddly, forcing transcoding on each video, they played fine.  Rebooted the server and power cycled all the Roku clients and it seems to be working again, but I haven't had time to do too much testing. 

Also, I don't know if this is connected, but my YouTube Channel appears to not keep the preferred quality option.  For instance, on my mobile device I would want everything to play at .7 Mbps/ 320p.  For anything outside of the channel it appears to stick with the setting just fine, but inside the YouTube channel I have to manually make the setting for every video.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to add a second folder for plex_movies. The gothic readme shows a comma separated list so I used-

/mnt/user/Media/XBMC/Torrents/,/mnt/user/Media/XBMC/Movies/

This isn't working though. Plex is only picking up files from the Movies folder. A syntax error maybe?

SafariScreenSnapz036.thumb.jpg.7bd6f877db0931061337393749d173fd.jpg

11 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Trying to add a second folder for plex_movies. The gothic readme shows a comma separated list so I used-

This isn't working though. Plex is only picking up files from the Movies folder. A syntax error maybe?

Not looking at the readme, but you can't do that.

Every additional folder requires an additional mount point.  IE:  Add another volume mount mapped to the additional host mount.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I see where you got the comma from, but that was only for explaining the media volume mapping, not showing the correct syntax. The correct usage is always in the usage section. 

And that is for the command line only. Forgot unraid use a template :)

Edited by saarg

I find this in my log from time to time, should I ignore or take action?

Jul 12 12:09:36 Tower kernel: mdcmd (241): spindown 9
Jul 12 12:43:28 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-9D1BA5A8-7EF4-4500-993B-052210E296B9-9ed53f7e-de53-4c19-8513-6f5cf1353d8c (39) Directory not empty
Jul 12 12:44:07 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-3CD72CCE-712E-4BDB-AE4E-4E4A4F7BCCBE-c907b54c-cd77-49b0-9200-efbf03be953d (39) Directory not empty
Jul 12 12:44:07 Tower shfs/user: err: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-3CD72CCE-712E-4BDB-AE4E-4E4A4F7BCCBE-c907b54c-cd77-49b0-9200-efbf03be953d (39) Directory not empty
Jul 12 13:12:25 Tower kernel: mdcmd (242): spindown 15

Hey, everyone. I have a transcode question.

I am using LinuxServer's plex docker and I am wondering how to set up my docker so it uses my cache drive for transcoding.  

I had loads of trouble with the official Plex docker, and decided to use the Linuxserver docker instead. The Official Plex docker had a place where you could put the transcoding path in - but not the Linuxserver one.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Brian

PS: I have heard that all the Plex dockers may be abandon in favor of the official Plex docker. The only issue I have is support - it looks like there are loads of unanswered question on the Plex forums - and it takes a long time for them to get answered. Would be a shame to see the Plex docker support disappear from the Limetech forums. I'm just saying ...

Is there any explanation for this, or what would you think?

I glanced at my unRAID Main page and catch this:

596db00ca28d4_driveusage.thumb.PNG.cbf518a6e1216e9da0de100129f60411.PNG

The server has only been up less than a week and that is a high read count.  I tried to spin down the drive and it wouldn't let me.  So I went to he active streams tool.  Among a sea of Plex related items none of which were directly related to movies was a single movie file.  Without first thinking to first do research I halted it.  Plex would then let me spin down the drive, so there was something going on with that movie file.  

Now this was a fairly obscure thriller and there is only limited permission granted for others to watch my Plex, only two.  I would be shocked if any of them were watching this movie at this hour.   If this had been a legitimate Plex remote viewing, then the app would have simply re-started the movie, or at least attempted to, and it didn't.  It just quit.  However, after 15 minutes or so the drive spun back up.  Active streams does not show that movie running again but it still show the other "sutff" I did snip the active streams window and that is attached.  

596db59edb23c_activestreams.thumb.PNG.82fa3bfd682f6592787ab6ba67628fc5.PNG

Everything on there has a user IP of 45.79.210.23.   Checking into that address it looks to be owned by a company called Linode, LLC who is a cloud hosting provider.

So then I halted everything.  All it took was halting the top of the list and everything went away.  Some 15 seconds later it all restarts.  the host IP address rotates in front of my eyes through about 5 different addresses before settling on the same address I did a snipit of one of them, also attached having 54.48.156.83 which appears to be connected to Amazon Data services Ireland.  

596db793e0ea4_activestreams2.thumb.PNG.8c1ac12f8200d0456a2dca01fce6df2c.PNG

At the moment all drives are spun down and all that looks like it's connected to the actual database (cache drive). 

So is it possible for someone to hack Plex mask their IP address, and have it not show up in the Plex app?   Is someone stealing my movies?  It almost looks like someone is mining my library for the movie locations and taking them directly without going through plex.  Is there some way to figure out what port this is coming in on and blocking it?  

OK.. just now. 4 drives are spun up, Here is my 3rd active streams snipit and the same movie is streaming again.  596db98cdfc52_activestreams3.thumb.PNG.66b5fb7227c9c23c24ae325fb1563db8.PNG

EDIT:  During none of the above, did the Plex GUI every show anything being streamed.

I just killed Plex and it all went away.

Help Please!

I also did a diagnostics download.  It looks like the syslog cuts off 4 days ago.  I tried to view the syslog from the main page but nothing ever appears in the window.

todd-svr-diagnostics-20170718-0239.zip

Edited by TODDLT
3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Have you got the setting to generate thumbnails for your media on?   Just wondering if this is part of that rather than a hack.

It was on.   I started up Plex this morning and the same "streams" showed up in Active Streams.  I turned off the generate thumbnails option in the "movies" media library, but no change was made to those lines in active streams.  Even after halting they came right back.

This also wouldn't explain why the one movie stream would show up, or why the crazy changing set of IP's as the User.

Here is another tidbit.  I disabled remote access, and it still shows the "active streams."

In a way that would tell me this is part of Plex's operation somehow, but I'm not sure how the video file would show up as a stream if this were just normal operation.  Can someone have a look at Actives Streams while running Plex and see if they have anything similar to this?

I'm turning it back off for today and going to post something in the Plexforums this morning.  If anyone has any info, please let me know.

23 minutes ago, pinion said:

I threw something together that is working for me. If LSIO would like I can create a pull request after I clean it up a bit.

ooooooo...if I didn't actually have to work to get Comskip I would be thrilled!

28 minutes ago, soana said:

This is working for me. I'm recording the late night shows and it seems to be doing a good job.

Thanks I will give that a try. I don't think it's something LS will add unless theres a high demand or something they will use also. 

Will wait and see if @pinion will do that pull request. 

@saarg docker looks like it supports comskip as well. 

Edited by jrdnlc
1 minute ago, jrdnlc said:

Thanks I will give that a try. I don't think it's something LS will add unless theres a high demand or something they will use also. 

I used that exact same docker and just inserted the stuff it had into LSIO's container. Using the information there will probably be easier. Especially for me. I might still do a pull request and host it in my repo since I haven't had any problems the past few weeks.

16 minutes ago, jrdnlc said:

Will wait and see if @pinion will do that pull request. 

I don't really know what you mean with docker supports comskip? 

The Tvheadend container have had comskip since release. So I know it works ;-)