[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

8 hours ago, TODDLT said:

Here is another tidbit.  I disabled remote access, and it still shows the "active streams."

In a way that would tell me this is part of Plex's operation somehow, but I'm not sure how the video file would show up as a stream if this were just normal operation.  Can someone have a look at Actives Streams while running Plex and see if they have anything similar to this?

I'm turning it back off for today and going to post something in the Plexforums this morning.  If anyone has any info, please let me know.

Well I got from the Plex Forums that Linode and Amazon house the Plex System Servers, so that answers a big part of this.  I'm still not sure why a single movie file is stream out there, and keeping a media drive spun up in read mode.

11 hours ago, soana said:

This is working for me. I'm recording the late night shows and it seems to be doing a good job.

Do you know if this will work with .mkv files or do they have to be .ts? I have my Plex DVR to transcode the file while recording to .mkv but if i need to change it I can do so. 

Just switched to that repository and have a recording scheduled in 30min. 

5 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

Do you know if this will work with .mkv files or do they have to be .ts? I have my Plex DVR to transcode the file while recording to .mkv but if i need to change it I can do so. 

Just switched to that repository and have a recording scheduled in 30min. 

I have mine set to transcode as well and it seems to work fine.

I forked their GitHub last night and added my changes and created the project on the docker hub. Looks like it was a success so I just need to test it out myself and then I will put it up with my dockers and do a pull request. https://hub.docker.com/r/pinion/docker-plex-1/

• Upvote 1
On 9/24/2015 at 9:05 PM, lonix said:

This sounds like a considence but feel free to post full logs.

Can you send me logs ? helps out alot

I will keep a close eye on this a posbiliy add this is in the future, when the project has matured abit.

It worked great. Just tried it out and i'm amazed. No more commercials!!

The only issue is that Plex was saying the file was unavailable for some reason. I checked the location of the file and it was there. Did a library scan and that fixed it. Is there a way to trigger a library scan after comskip finishes?

Edited by jrdnlc

I am attempting to switch from using a needo template to the lsio plex. I am using the CA interface to generate a "clean" template for lsio plex, and then add my customizations. I want to attempt to use my existing Plex database, so I have added a path that maps container path /config to host path /mnt/user/App/Plex/ . The problem is that when I attempt to add the container, it fails and I get a "Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point '/config'." message. Apparently "under the covers" a mapping of /config to /mnt/user/appdata/plex is occurring, so the mapping that I am explicitly adding is seen as a duplicate mount point. Is there a way to work around this, or am I forced to use the /mnt/user/appdata/plex mapping?

5 hours ago, Squid said:

Turn on show advanced settings and you can change the built in

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks Squid! I haven't been using the new GUI very long, and I had the meaning of the advanced settings reversed in my head, so I mistakenly thought they were being displayed and that there weren't any..... I'm up and running now.

19 hours ago, soana said:

I also started to get some hit and miss on the commercials, comskip.ini can be tuned to improve but its a tedious job.

I have found this docker does not comply with the "VERSION" parameter. I need to go back one version to 1.7.5.4035 to get MKV from the DVR (devs switched it to TS which forces transcode in shield TV) but it just does "latest" no matter what I put in the field. The log shows no attempt to retrieve the version wanted. I left the question on author's Docker repository but thought I might ask the experts here too.

12 minutes ago, interwebtech said:

I have found this docker does not comply with the "VERSION" parameter. I need to go back one version to 1.7.5.4035 to get MKV from the DVR (devs switched it to TS which forces transcode in shield TV) but it just does "latest" no matter what I put in the field. The log shows no attempt to retrieve the version wanted. I left the question on author's Docker repository but thought I might ask the experts here too.

I can't see any comments on our dockerhub image or on our github site?

It's not working as you're not putting the full string in.

For instance the current plex release is 1.7.5.4035-313f93718

The string at the end is important.

Don't ask me where to find them, I used to have a link but it no longer works, perhaps someone here may be able to help.

9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I can't see any comments on our dockerhub image or on our github site?

It's not working as you're not putting the full string in.

For instance the current plex release is 1.7.5.4035-313f93718

The string at the end is important.

Don't ask me where to find them, I used to have a link but it no longer works, perhaps someone here may be able to help.

Not your docker. Yours works perfectly. Sorry, I posted this here because I picked up on the availability of PMS docker with Comskip integration in this thread.

I didn't give the whole version string because others have been admonished for posting them in the past. :P

Edited by interwebtech
1 hour ago, interwebtech said:

Not your docker. Yours works perfectly. Sorry, I posted this here because I picked up on the availability of PMS docker with Comskip integration in this thread.

Well ask in their forum then! Consider yourself admonished

1 hour ago, interwebtech said:

I didn't give the whole version string because others have been admonished for posting them in the past. :P

That's why I didn't give the PlexPass version, just the non-plexpass version.. ;-)

I'm running into this issue where after a period of time my Plex server becomes unreachable. Whenever I try to access the web interface, I get presented with a "503 Service Unavailable" error.

0be82ba3d7.png

The docker itself is still running at that point, and nothing special is showing up in the docker log.

fbc5a937c6.png

The issue goes away after restarting the docker container. This happens about 3-4 times a week. It's a bit annoying having people telling me my Plex server is down multiple times a week.

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, drzaph said:

You try clicking the "Web UI" link in the docker container to ensure the address is correct?

Yeah, I'm 100% certain that the url is correct. The thing is though, the Plex server becomes unreachable for every user/device. 

As soon as I reboot the contrainer the issue is gone again for a little while.

Edited by Kashiro
1 hour ago, Kashiro said:

Yeah, I'm 100% certain that the url is correct. The thing is though, the Plex server becomes unreachable for every user/device. 

As soon as I reboot the contrainer the issue is gone again for a little while.

Sounds like a PMS issue... likely some PMS crash.

Did you check PMS logs? Maybe some new channel or plug-in was installed and it's now causing problems... maybe some new setting...

Doesn't looks like an issue with the container itself.

If you restart PMS from inside the container the problem get fixed as well? If so, one more indicator that it could be a PMS problem.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:28 AM, CHBMB said:

You've kind of got the wrong end of the stick, it doesn't have to be on the cache drive but it DOES need to be on a single disk and that needs to be specified.  For some reason specifying the location as /mnt/user/ doesn't work well with the FUSE filesystem. 

So it needs to be on a single disk and that needs to be specified.

/mnt/disk1/

/mnt/disk2/

/mnt/cache/

And would work, but /mnt/user/ will not.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

You just saved me from bashing my head against a wall for another few days. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why some of my containers suddenly wouldn't work. Any container that used SQLite would give tons of errors about the database being corrupted, but when I moved it to a location internal to the container it was fine. Switching the /config directory from /mnt/user to /mnt/cache solved all of my issues!

2 minutes ago, squirrellydw said:

Thanks but if I don't do that would my users to need to set everything up again or would I just need to add them.  I'm afraid something might be corrupt and not letting me add channels

Not at all. Just point it to the same plex appdata folder and everything should be there. 

If you need help let me know. 

Edited by jrdnlc
4 minutes ago, jrdnlc said:

Not at all. Just point it to the same plex appdata folder and everything should be there. 

If you need help let me know. 

I think you helped me before. If you could help me out again that would be great.  I can't do anything right now since i'm at work till probably 11 PM eastern time tonight and I have plans tomorrow night.  My main issue is I'm trying to get the unofficial Plex App store installed and it's not working.  So I thought I would try and reinstall it.  Maybe we can find a time that works and you could look at it. 

On 8/2/2017 at 2:06 PM, squirrellydw said:

I think you helped me before. If you could help me out again that would be great.  I can't do anything right now since i'm at work till probably 11 PM eastern time tonight and I have plans tomorrow night.  My main issue is I'm trying to get the unofficial Plex App store installed and it's not working.  So I thought I would try and reinstall it.  Maybe we can find a time that works and you could look at it. 

I remember who you are now, lol. Just PM me on when you're free.

Edited by jrdnlc