[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 10/21/2017 at 10:50 AM, skyline7349 said:

Anyone have the issue when restarting sometimes you have to reclaim the server? Happens to me around once a week.

6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

No, never seen that issue

Permissions too restrictive in the plex config files?  plex may not be able to save it's settings

15 hours ago, mata7 said:

hi guys is there a way to complete disable plex outgoing network connection and only use it for local network, thanks in advanced

On the Plex server configuration, you can select whether to enable or disable remote access. Is that not sufficient?

Capture2.thumb.PNG.dac51b82d20474cfcca46ece02d8122f.PNG

18 minutes ago, mata7 said:

i dont know if that is sufficient, i have my disable, but i was thinking of blocking the plex docker internet out or someting like that 

Why would you do that? It wouldn't even be able to download any metadata or artwork, well, it wouldn't even be able to identify the media

2 hours ago, mata7 said:

i dont need to download any meta data, i do that with Media Companion, i just dont want plex to collect any data about my server

If Plex doesn't have any data from your media, how does it know which movie it is? 

If you are afraid of what plex sends back to the mothership, then search for how to block that traffic or don't use plex. 

thanks kizer i have my plex server setup that way the local way ,  i was just thinking if was a way unraid will let me block  the docker outbound connection complete but i guess i cant

for now i just gone shutdown the plex server and use kodi, is the more easy way

anyways thanks

Edited by mata7
12 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

So correct me if I'm wrong.

If I want GPU Encoding on this docker I turn on Privileged Mode in the docker's template/settings and it uses the GPU? (and turn it on in the PMS Settings?)

I was thinking about adding a GT 1030 in the machine for just encoding H265 streams.

Would I have to "pci-stub.ids=" the other GPUs I have assigned to VMs?

You don't need privileged mode. 

For intel, follow the instructions in this thread about fixing permissions, then you enable the setting in plex gui. 

On unraid, you can't use non intel gpus for hw transcoding in docker because the necessary drivers for them are not loaded. 

You can,  however, pass them through to a VM and do hw transcoding in plex in a VM. You can load the drivers that way. 

7 hours ago, aptalca said:

You don't need privileged mode. 

For intel, follow the instructions in this thread about fixing permissions, then you enable the setting in plex gui. 

On unraid, you can't use non intel gpus for hw transcoding in docker because the necessary drivers for them are not loaded. 

You can,  however, pass them through to a VM and do hw transcoding in plex in a VM. You can load the drivers that way. 

This post right?

Also any point to do that if my CPUs don't have integrated graphics?

My CPUs https://ark.intel.com/products/37111/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5570-8M-Cache-2_93-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI

I may hold off a bit if I have to do a VM, I only have like 1-3 streams playing at a time. I just wish anything h254 didn't make all the cores go crazy high load.

I wish there was a way to load drivers in for GPUs into unRAID.

Not sure if this is in the right spot so direct me if it isn't. Having some issues with Unraid Plex Docker not playing nicely with NZBGet. I had this setup running before on Ubuntu with no issues. What is happening now is that whenever NZBGet is either downloading or especially when it is Post-Processing, the system crawls. Playback stutters every 15 seconds or so until I pause Nzbget and then it all goes back to normal. I know the hardware is sufficient since it was all running well before UnRaid. I grabbed logs from Plex and NZBGet when this issue is specifically happening. The other thing I'm noticing is that Postprocessing takes SIGNIFICANTLY longer in Unraid NZBGet than it did on Ubuntu, a 1.8GB file is taking over half an hour sometimes 45 minutes. 

Hardware: https://pastebin.com/afb0NwPD
Plex: https://pastebin.com/F1TzetMy
NZBGet: https://pastebin.com/HyDfgeJz
UnRaid: https://pastebin.com/pLSiHGMc

Thank you so much!
-Andrew

56 minutes ago, navickas12 said:

Not sure if this is in the right spot so direct me if it isn't. Having some issues with Unraid Plex Docker not playing nicely with NZBGet. I had this setup running before on Ubuntu with no issues. What is happening now is that whenever NZBGet is either downloading or especially when it is Post-Processing, the system crawls. Playback stutters every 15 seconds or so until I pause Nzbget and then it all goes back to normal. I know the hardware is sufficient since it was all running well before UnRaid. I grabbed logs from Plex and NZBGet when this issue is specifically happening. The other thing I'm noticing is that Postprocessing takes SIGNIFICANTLY longer in Unraid NZBGet than it did on Ubuntu, a 1.8GB file is taking over half an hour sometimes 45 minutes. 

Hardware: https://pastebin.com/afb0NwPD
Plex: https://pastebin.com/F1TzetMy
NZBGet: https://pastebin.com/HyDfgeJz
UnRaid: https://pastebin.com/pLSiHGMc

Thank you so much!
-Andrew

Are you using a parity protected share for NZBGet data? I had similar issues with Deluge until I moved /data to a drive that was not included in my array. Writing to parity can be very slow.

As a quick fix, I just used UD to mount a 1TB spinner that I wasn’t using for anything else. Then I pointed my /data paths for Deluge, Radarr and Sonarr there. It let me see if there would be an improvement without spending anything. If it solves your problem you can decide if you want to setup a raided cache to protect your torrents, etc.

Once the downloads are complete you should be able to copy them into the protected share without any issues.

My clients can no longer play files - Fire TV, Android TV and Nexus 6P. They connect to the server, but I get the error message even on my local network:

"playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been host. Please ensure the server is available and retry"

Anyone else having this problem?  The only change I can think of my end is I switched to assigning an IP address for the docker.  I'm currently trying to switch back to see if that helps, but it's taking an eternity to restart

My clients can no longer play files - Fire TV, Android TV and Nexus 6P. They connect to the server, but I get the error message even on my local network:

"playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been host. Please ensure the server is available and retry"

Anyone else having this problem?  The only change I can think of my end is I switched to assigning an IP address for the docker.  I'm currently trying to switch back to see if that helps, but it's taking an eternity to restart

I’m going to assume external clients? If so did you update the router port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, H2O_King89 said:

I’m going to assume external clients? If so did you update the router port ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the webplayer works, but nothing else - both on my LAN and via remote access.

Yes, when I changed the IP I changed the port forward IP in my router.

Update:  changing docker back to host doesn't help either.  If doesn't work on my LAN so this shouldn't be a remote access problem

Update 2: Found the problem and it's a stupid bug in plex.  In the remote access section you can set upload speed and max remote stream bitrate:

1. if I put upload speed to my true upload speed it limits my LAN streams not just my remote streams - duh.  So, I have to set high so my LAN streams work ok and I have to remember to set my remote devices to low streams manually
  2. If my upload speed is set low e.g. 1Mbps and my remote stream as well, nothing plays....

To fix I've out upload at 1000Mbps and original for remote stream bitrate and it works.

Edited by DZMM

I recently moved my plex server from Win10 to the Docker.  We didn't have a whole lot going on in terms of customized settings so I just setup from scratch, but I was informed that my daughter had created a bunch of playlists. I still have the older server intact, it just doesn't know where the media is anymore. Is there a way I can extract playlists to move to the Docker version?