[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Well i reinstalled plex and i rebooted the server and so far so good. feel like all this work was in vain...sorry everyone. Strange it happened to me and a few other people at the same time and all i did was reboot the server...??? thanks again everyone for all your help. i hope it just keeps working!
What's your docker run command? Link in my sig.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

What's your docker run command? Link in my sig.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Containers: 1
 Running: 1
 Paused: 0
 Stopped: 0
Server Version: 1.12.6
Storage Driver: btrfs
 Build Version: Btrfs v4.7.2
 Library Version: 101
Logging Driver: json-file
Cgroup Driver: cgroupfs
Plugins:
 Volume: local
 Network: host bridge overlay null
Swarm: inactive
Runtimes: runc
Default Runtime: runc
Security Options:
Kernel Version: 4.9.30-unRAID
Operating System: Slackware 14.2
OSType: linux
Architecture: x86_64
CPUs: 2
Total Memory: 7.801 GiB
Name: Whoshouse
ID: UDNP:5FCX:IHQK:VR2S:6XLJ:7KY6:CSNA:W3WR:PE4J:VQKG:LA2K:5O2K
Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker
Debug Mode (client): false
Debug Mode (server): false
Registry: https://index.docker.io/v1/
Insecure Registries:
 127.0.0.0/8

is that what youre asking for?

6 hours ago, carlos28355 said:

is that what youre asking for?

You probably don't have sigs enabled in the forum, so you didn't know what he meant by "link in my sig". At upper right on the forum page is a dropdown next to your user name. In there you will find Account Settings, and you can turn on Signature display there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, trurl said:

You probably don't have sigs enabled in the forum, so you didn't know what he meant by "link in my sig". At upper right on the forum page is a dropdown next to your user name. In there you will find Account Settings, and you can turn on Signature display there.

i knew what the term meant...clicked on his profile but couldnt find anything haha. i had no clue i had to turn that feature on to see someone else's signature

37 minutes ago, carlos28355 said:

i knew what the term meant...clicked on his profile but couldnt find anything haha. i had no clue i had to turn that feature on to see someone else's signature

That's one of the annoying "features" of the new forum software. I can understand someone wanting to turn it off, but having it off by default isn't that great for this forum, because there is often a lot of useful information in people's sig.

And other people had sigs on the old forum software that got imported, but they don't even know there are sigs here, so their sig will say they are running a totally different version of unRAID than they are asking for support on.

But now that I've directed my attention there. I fixed the links in my own sig.:D 

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

That's one of the annoying "features" of the new forum software. I can understand someone wanting to turn it off, but having it off by default isn't that great for this forum, because there is often a lot of useful information in people's sig.

And other people had sigs on the old forum software that got imported, but they don't even know there are sigs here, so their sig will say they are running a totally different version of unRAID than they are asking for support on. 

Also, sigs aren’t viewable on mobile browsers. I have to VPN to my home network and then VNC into a desktop to get a link from a sig. PITA?

26 minutes ago, trurl said:

I can understand someone wanting to turn it off, but having it off by default isn't that great for this forum

On 2/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, jonp said:

FYI, we asked IPS about this and there is no ability to enable signatures by default.

Can someone point me to a good tutorial for plex I'm on the latest stable version of unRAID and for some reason I can't get any plex docker to work, I had it installed in the past but now I'm ready to set it up for the family and now for the life of me can"t figure out how I did it? I'm not well versed in linux and the command prompt so either something has changed with the docker or I followed some tutorial that I can't seem to find on the net All attempts to start up plex has resulted in:

5a77361e82f9b_ScreenShot2018-02-04at11_33_41AM.thumb.png.da1aa422f00896b9073274caf98e61e0.png

Strange thing is that I can access the server by just the ip just plex won't open I'm quite sure I'm missing allot of required entries here but this is where I'm at:

5a7737148c37e_ScreenShot2018-02-04at11_38_18AM.thumb.png.8cd390a188a632dd1cfd97906f438099.png

Edited by mrbilky
8 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

Can someone point me to a good tutorial for plex I'm on the latest stable version of unRAID and for some reason I can't get any plex docker to work, I had it installed in the past but now I'm ready to set it up for the family and now for the life of me can"t figure out how I did it? I'm not well versed in linux and the command prompt so either something has changed with the docker or I followed some tutorial that I can't seem to find on the net All attempts to start up plex has resulted in:

5a77361e82f9b_ScreenShot2018-02-04at11_33_41AM.thumb.png.da1aa422f00896b9073274caf98e61e0.png

Strange thing is that I can access the server by just the ip just plex won't open I'm quite sure I'm missing allot of required entries here but this is where I'm at:

5a7737148c37e_ScreenShot2018-02-04at11_38_18AM.thumb.png.8cd390a188a632dd1cfd97906f438099.png

Where are your volume mappings? There should be at least 2 Paths above the Container Variables. Have you read the Docker FAQ? If you don't understand volume mappings you will always be in the dark about how to make dockers work.

Maybe just start from a new linuxservio/plex install from Community Applications. I'm pretty sure the default template you will get that way will at least have some Paths to work with and we can go from there.

49 minutes ago, trurl said:

Where are your volume mappings? There should be at least 2 Paths above the Container Variables. Have you read the Docker FAQ? If you don't understand volume mappings you will always be in the dark about how to make dockers work.

Maybe just start from a new linuxservio/plex install from Community Applications. I'm pretty sure the default template you will get that way will at least have some Paths to work with and we can go from there.

Thanks for the input I think I'm doing it right a couple months ago it worked just fine, can adding a 10GB nic interfere cause thats the only variable thats changed. I don't see a deployed host port for plex could that be a problem?

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 12.41.27 PM.png

2 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

I don't see a deployed host port for plex could that be a problem?

Nope.  Plex runs in host mode so there's no ports per se to show.

The logs from the container (click on the uptime when its running from the docker page) might help.

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="eth0"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="yes"
DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.1"
DNS_SERVER2=""
DNS_SERVER3=""
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
DESCRIPTION[0]=""
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="no"
IPADDR[0]="192.168.1.154"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="192.168.1.1"
METRIC[0]=""
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
IPADDR6[0]=""
NETMASK6[0]=""
GATEWAY6[0]=""
PRIVACY6[0]=""
MTU[0]="1500"
IFNAME[1]="eth1"
DESCRIPTION[1]=""
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.50.2"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[1]=""
METRIC[1]=""
USE_DHCP6[1]=""
MTU[1]="9000"
IFNAME[2]="eth2"
DESCRIPTION[2]=""
PROTOCOL[2]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[2]="no"
IPADDR[2]="192.168.51.2"
NETMASK[2]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[2]=""
METRIC[2]=""
USE_DHCP6[2]=""
IPADDR6[2]=""
NETMASK6[2]=""
GATEWAY6[2]=""
PRIVACY6[2]=""
MTU[2]="9000"
SYSNICS="3"

Guess that explains it, I'm betting Plex is just really confused....  No idea how to solve it though.