[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

3 hours ago, guyonphone said:

Hello, 

I am interested in using "Lock for Plex"

https://forestfirefly.github.io/lockforplex/

I have installed the plugin but I get errors during the installation of the install.sh script because the docker doesn't seem to be to keen on the use of sudo. I tried removing the sudo commands from the install.sh script, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue either. The plugin is available in plex but the locking just doesn't appear to work. Additionally the file wants to restart the service "plexmediaserver" but that doesn't appear to work inside the docker, as it appears some other modification was made, and I don't know enough linux to determine what that is. Here is the contents of the install.sh script I am trying to run. 

#!/bin/bash
# Init
FILE="/tmp/out.$$"
GREP="/bin/grep"
#....
# Make sure only root can run our script
if [[ $EUID -ne 0 ]]; then
   echo "This script must be run as root" 1>&2
   exit 1
fi

cd "/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins"
sudo chown -R plex:plex Lock_for_Plex.bundle

cd "/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/Lock_for_Plex.bundle/Contents/Resources/lock_support/"
sudo a+x lock.sh
sudo a+x unlock.sh
sudo a+x sqlite3

service plexmediaserver restart

Any help is appreciated. 

Not something we'd support, but I had a quick look at the link and can't find the source code.  Got a better link?  That just takes me to a webpage where you can upload your Plex database and I'm not prepared to do that.

2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Is Plex indexing or doing anything at this point?

It shouldn't be and not that I can see.

6 minutes ago, DZMM said:

what are your thumbnail settings in plex scheduled tasks?

Scheduled tasks are due to start at 2am and finish by 5am. Is that what you mean?

4 hours ago, WannabeMKII said:

I'm still after help with this if anyone can help? Appears to be happening every other day...?

I may have missed this in the thread, but are you sure something isn't streaming? Have you tried Active Streams, File Activity, and Open Files plugins to see what they say?

27 minutes ago, WannabeMKII said:

It shouldn't be and not that I can see.

Scheduled tasks are due to start at 2am and finish by 5am. Is that what you mean?

are your thumbnails set to be created on a schedule or 'as a scheduled task and when media is added' - found in Library settings. 

36 minutes ago, trurl said:

I may have missed this in the thread, but are you sure something isn't streaming? Have you tried Active Streams, File Activity, and Open Files plugins to see what they say?

100% sure. I also have Tautulli and PlexPy keeping an eye on things.

24 minutes ago, DZMM said:

are your thumbnails set to be created on a schedule or 'as a scheduled task and when media is added' - found in Library settings. 

They're set to be run 'as a scheduled task' only at the moment.

I want to edit a plex profile but I can find where it is.  Its supposedly under Resources->Profiles but I can't find that on my server, any idea?

I want to edit this out

<!-- Allow Direct Play of HLS content --> <!-- <VideoProfile protocol="hls" container="mpegts" codec="h264" audioCodec="aac" /> -->

50 minutes ago, francrouge said:

I'm having issues with the plex metadata. My movies don't have anymore picture's and synopsys.

This forum thread is really intended to support the docker container. For issues with the app itself I would recommend posting in The Plex forums.

It’s possible someone here may have some advice toward resolving your issue, but probably much more likely there.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jobine said:

Since the last update, my unraid server gives me some Call Trace errors.

Ideas ?

serveur-diagnostics-20180318-1755.zip

From your syslog:

Mar 17 09:24:21 Serveur kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000038
Mar 17 09:24:21 Serveur kernel: IP: tcp_push+0x4e/0xee
Mar 17 09:24:21 Serveur kernel: PGD 80000002431a8067 P4D 80000002431a8067 PUD 24319b067 PMD 0 
Mar 17 09:24:21 Serveur kernel: Oops: 0002 [#1] PREEMPT SMP PTI

Several people (including myself) are having the same issue.  See herehere, and here.  I've downgraded back to 6.4.1 and everything's good for me now.  I'll try again after the next release to see if a new kernel patch solves it.

33 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

Hi, i have make a update to latest version. Now the docker is started but nothing is shown in my plex overview all is empty. How could i get back to an older version ? I see that i must enter the Version number under "version" but how could i find an older version number ?

How did you update? The correct way to update this docker is to restart it. You should never update from within the application.

Have you tried restarting the docker? If you had it setup correctly then there should be no reason to go back to an older version.

27 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

I have make the update over the docker menu , then i restart the docker. I have reboot the complete unraid server but nothing helps.

My last hope was to go back to an older version.

You might have some luck in the plex forums. I haven't seen a list of previous version numbers but plex support might have one.

Edited by wgstarks

What could be the reason behind plex not keeping settings or at least some of them after a reboot?

I had as well another issue, I had a message in plex saying that there was as new version, but according to docker it was the last one. A few minutes later plex says that I have the latest version, right now I have Version 1.12.0.4829. What has happend? has plex autoupdate, wihout updating the docker image? is this ok? I though the only way to update plex was when the docker version updates.

I see there is a new version but according to plex is the last one.

23 minutes ago, L0rdRaiden said:

What could be the reason behind plex not keeping settings or at least some of them after a reboot?

I had as well another issue, I had a message in plex saying that there was as new version, but according to docker it was the last one. A few minutes later plex says that I have the latest version, right now I have Version 1.12.0.4829. What has happend? has plex autoupdate, wihout updating the docker image? is this ok? I though the only way to update plex was when the docker version updates.

I see there is a new version but according to plex is the last one.

If your config is gone after a reboot, you either didn't configure your config mount or you specified it the wrong place.

But without the run command, it's just speculations.

The container updates on start of the container. The update on the docker page is for the container itself. It updates the base OS and dependencies when we refresh the container every friday.

Edited by saarg
16 minutes ago, saarg said:

If your config is gone after a reboot, you either didn't configure your config mount or you specified it the wrong place.

The container updates on start of the container. The update on the docker page is for the container itself. It updates the base OS and dependencies when we refresh the container every friday.

I think the configuration is fine, right? I will test it again.

On the other hand you mean that there is now way, Plex is able to autoupdate unless it is done through docker?

Captura.PNG

1 minute ago, L0rdRaiden said:

I think the configuration is fine, right? I will test it again.

On the other hand you mean that there is now way, Plex is able to autoupdate unless it is done through docker?

Captura.PNG

You might want to change the config one to /mnt/cache or /mnt/diskX as user might cause issues. 

I also see that for some of your mounts there are no container path. You should add one.

The Plex container only auto updates when you restart the container.