[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

5 hours ago, jtcweb said:

I figured it out by looking at the /config one and using the "Add another path" link.  I still cannot find anyplace that describes how this should be filled out, I just played around with copying what was already there for /config.

There are two parts to setting this up;  Defining the Host Path in the Plex Docker Edit screen and associating it with Container Path, like this example:

image.png.3c64720c518d4f324ce2cd466d434662.png

The second part is adding a Library in Plex that corresponds to your specified container path. In this example I am adding a Movies Library and am at the scree to select the folder which will be associated with the Libarary

image.png.f0204e7908f6111eca5a35aab17f794f.png

If you want to add a Movies library the folder you select is "movies" since that is the  name of the container path specified when the mapping was created.  Do not go into the mnt folder looking for your movies. You won't find what you are looking for there.

The whole purpose of creating the container mappings in the docker is to associate a user share (/mnt/user/Movies in my example) with a container path that Plex will use. 

Edited by Hoopster
3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You can edit the docker variables to specify a version.

Quote from dockerhub page linked in post 1-

I'm aware of this i was asking specifically how to go back a version (how to find the version number string) , as you can see in my edit in the quoted post i have already found it.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Fma965 said:

I'm aware of this i was asking specifically how to go back a version (how to find the version number string) , as you can see in my edit in the quoted post i have already found it.

Thanks.

Have a look in your appdata share and open your Plex folder. Browse to Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/

Here you have folders for each version you have had installed and the name of the folder is the same as version number string. So just use this name to specify what version you would like to use.

10 hours ago, Fma965 said:

How can i go back to the build before last? 1.12.2.4929

1.12.2.4929 broke LG Tv support and i urgently need it working on LG

never mind set the VERSION to 1.12.1.4885-1046ba85f

Old version numbers can be found here https://whatpulse.org/app/plex-media-server

Can confirm, latest update broke LG TV plex app.

It would connect to plex fine, let me browse all the items, when I click play, it would just hang there. Loading bar would not even be animated. Plex server status actually shows that video was attempted to play, but I see no errors other than:

The video did not start playing in time

Works fine on my laptop, though.

Downgraded Plex server to 1.12.1.4885-1046ba85f and even 1.12.0.4829-6de959918, but plex LG client still won't work.

All I see in plex logs is:

Apr 11, 2018 20:34:52.204 [0x14c4937e9700] DEBUG - Beginning read from two-way stream.
Apr 11, 2018 20:34:59.569 [0x14c49cfff700] DEBUG - handleStreamRead code 335544539: short read

edit: more logs

Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.189 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - Request: [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:50000 (Subnet)] GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=6047&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F6047&state=stopped&playQueueItemID=14745&time=0&duration=1262640 (7 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (XXX)
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.190 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - Client [XXX] reporting timeline state stopped, progress of 0/1262640ms for guid=, ratingKey=6047 url=, key=/library/metadata/6047, containerKey=, metadataId=6047
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.194 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - [Now] User is XXX (ID: 1)
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.194 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - [Now] Device is webOS ().
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.195 [0x14c493fef700] ERROR - Unable to find client profile for device; platform=webOS, platformVersion=3.7.0, device=, model=43UJ634V-ZD
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.195 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - [Now] Updated play state for /library/metadata/6047.
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.195 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - Statistics: (XXX) Reporting active playback in state 3 of type 4 (scrobble: 0) for account 1
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.196 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Terminated session 0x14c49b2a62a0:8ohi12w895krcnmiq3k1d4uo with reason Client stopped playback.
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.196 [0x14c493fef700] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Removing session 0x14c49b2a62a0:8ohi12w895krcnmiq3k1d4uo
Apr 11, 2018 20:46:21.197 [0x14c49cdfe700] DEBUG - Completed: [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:50000] 200 GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=6047&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F6047&state=stopped&playQueueItemID=14745&time=0&duration=1262640 (6 live) GZIP 8ms 538 bytes (pipelined: 2)
handleStreamRead code 2: End of file

Edit2: Uninstalling and reinstalling Plex TV app did not work

Installed XPlay from LG app store and that one works fine with latest Plex server update.

Pretty much confirms the problem is not with unraid or plex container, but with LG app.

Will just buy XPlay license (about seven fiddy EUR) and stick with that as a client, it's miles ahead of official app anyway.

Edited by raymix
more logs

I'm running into a plex update issue after having to remove/recreate the docker image.  I ended up switching the fixed IP address (from .48 to .193).  After recreating the docker, everything seems to work (I can play media, plex shows it is configured for remote access, and plex can determine there is a plex update available), but it doesn't update plex when I restart the docker container, and the log is much shorter than it was previously.  I'm including the whole log file here to see if that triggers anything, my first thought was the container doesn't have outside access, but I would think that would mean no notification of update, and no remote access, so I'm kind of lost here.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing...
Plex Media Server first run setup complete
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.

3 hours ago, slikone27 said:

Anyone else having issues with this not updating to the latest plexpass version (Version 1.12.3.4973)?  I have tried restarting the docker etc and still no luck.  Looks like a newer version has been available for days now.  Thanks!

I have the latest installed. Post the docker log after a restart. 

Anyone else having issues with this not updating to the latest plexpass version (Version 1.12.3.4973)?  I have tried restarting the docker etc and still no luck.  Looks like a newer version has been available for days now.  Thanks!
Same issue here, info in the post right above yours

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, slikone27 said:

Just updated the Plex docker with yesterday's update.  It is running server version 1.12.2.4929.  I have a Plexpass; as others have noted, should be (according to Plex download page) version 1.12.3.4973 for plexpass

It's not critical, but, I am curious why it did not update to latest Plexpass version.

13 minutes ago, saarg said:

Everything looks normal. Post the docker run command. 

Here is my docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PLEXPASS'='1' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Pictures/':'/pictures':'rw' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TVShows/':'/tv':'rw' --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri 'linuxserver/plex'

Hi I am not too sure if this is an issue with the docker or just an issue with Plex in general but often times when I have remote access enabled after a while my entire internet connection will have high ping on just about everything anyone tries to do which eventually leads up to my entire connection dropping for 5-15 minutes. I have tried researching it a bit and it seemed like the only fix was to disable the dlna setting and when I went to do that I only found that it was already disabled. The fix for my ping and internet connection dropping is always solved when I either turn off remote access or completely turn off the docker. Any ideas or should I head over to the Plex forums? 

Edited by Chandler
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Just updated the Plex docker with yesterday's update.  It is running server version 1.12.2.4929.  I have a Plexpass; as others have noted, should be (according to Plex download page) version 1.12.3.4973 for plexpass

It's not critical, but, I am curious why it did not update to latest Plexpass version.

Here is my docker run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'PLEXPASS'='1' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Pictures/':'/pictures':'rw' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TVShows/':'/tv':'rw' --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri 'linuxserver/plex'

Plexpass is not a variable for this container. Not sure where you got that from. 

Go to the github link in the first post and read about versions. Plexpass is not a valid version as this image pulls the latest you are entitled to as plexpass user or not. 

Since you used the wrong variable, you only get the version from when we built the container.

Edit: I see that the plexpass variable is the old one used, but that was changed mid 2015.

Edited by saarg

Everything looks normal. Post the docker run command. 
Here is the docker command, I have tried with both latest and plexpass for version

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.1.193' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-bDUEs3yvUDapqqBy8Cnz' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Apps/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'
0f5bdb8dc802e820c3c8f960f5aedad35923076f84b471563674f4086f041ca7

The command finished successfully

2 minutes ago, bondoo0 said:

Here is the docker command, I have tried with both latest and plexpass for version

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.1.193' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Denver" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-bDUEs3yvUDapqqBy8Cnz' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Apps/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'
0f5bdb8dc802e820c3c8f960f5aedad35923076f84b471563674f4086f041ca7

The command finished successfully

You are not using our container :o

10 minutes ago, saarg said:

Plexpass is not a variable for this container. Not sure where you got that from. 

Go to the github link in the first post and read about versions. Plexpass is not a valid version as this image pulls the latest you are entitled to as plexpass user or not. 

Since you used the wrong variable, you only get the version from when we built the container. 

Interesting.  Here is a screenshot from my docker config:

image.png.2c34d234536a38ad70cc89ffb7570bd1.png

So, I should eliminate the PLEXPASS variable?  I am not certain how it got there, but, if it is not a default variable, at some point, I must have added it for some reason.  Is something else misconfigured?

Edited by Hoopster
16 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Hi I am not too sure if this is an issue with the docker or just an issue with Plex in general but often times when I have remote access enabled after a while my entire internet connection will have high ping on just about everything anyone tries to do which eventually leads up to my entire connection dropping for 5-15 minutes. I have tried researching it a bit and it seemed like the only fix was to disable the dlna setting and when I went to do that I only found that it was already disabled. The fix for my ping and internet connection dropping is always solved when I either turn off remote access or completely turn off the docker. Any ideas or should I head over to the Plex forums? 

I have not noticed that and I can't remember anyone else mentioning it either. 

There is no harm in asking on the plex forum also. 

1 minute ago, Hoopster said:

Interesting.  Here is a screenshot from my docker config:

image.png.2c34d234536a38ad70cc89ffb7570bd1.png

So, I should eliminate the PLEXPASS variable?  I am not certain how it got there, but, if it is not a default variable, at some point, I must have added it for some reason.  Is something else misconfigured?

As it says in the Readme, the variable is VERSION and the value is latest. Just edit the one you have and set it to the new. 

It's probably from when you installed it in the first half of 2015. 

• Like 1
Just now, saarg said:

As it says in the Readme, the variable is VERSION and the value is latest. Just edit the one you have and set it to the new. 

It's probably from when you installed it in the first half of 2015. 

Yep, reading that on Github now.  Will set VERSION to public or latest (probably public).  This docker has been running great for me since I installed it.  I likely never realized the variables had changed.  Thanks!

Just now, Hoopster said:

Yep, reading that on Github now.  Will set VERSION to public or latest (probably public).  This docker has been running great for me since I installed it.  I likely never realized the variables had changed.  Thanks!

Setting it to public will not get you the plexpass version. But that was maybe the point, as you are beta testing using the plexpass version?

You are not using our container 
Doh, I feel stupid, I had tried the plexinc one before and didn't like it, but the template on unraid still existed. Once I picked the correct template, all is good again. Thanks for helping me find the issue.

1 minute ago, saarg said:

Setting it to public will not get you the plexpass version. But that was maybe the point, as you are beta testing using the plexpass version?

Thanks for the clarification.  Somehow I interpreted the explanation to mean that public would give me the latest public release (plexpass or otherwise) to which I was entitled but not any beta releases - in case I wanted to avoid bleeding edge plexpass  beta releases.

I'll set it to latest and live on the edge :D