[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

10 hours ago, aptalca said:

With reverse proxy, you tell the plex server what the public domain is, and you can turn off the built in remote access service. Clients connect through your domain and letsencrypt/nginx container handles the ssl and proxy

@aptalca will this eliminate any network throttling and have the system assume these are all local connections?

Been having an issue last few days. Plex WebUI wasnt working so I went to investigate. Couldn't ever find a solid problem, so I decided to start over from scratch. WebUI works now, but cannot find PLex Server. Logs show Starting Plex Server over and over. Screenshots of various things attached. Any suggestions on how to get this working would be helpful.

thanks.

plex-config.PNG

plex-logs.PNG

webui.PNG

server.PNG

share.PNG

Edited by unsainted
Been having an issue last few days. Plex WebUI wasnt working so I went to investigate. Couldn't ever find a solid problem, so I decided to start over from scratch. WebUI works now, but cannot find PLex Server. Logs show Starting Plex Server over and over. Screenshots of various things attached. Any suggestions on how to get this working would be helpful.

thanks.
plex-config.thumb.PNG.f93abb493d6854f161cc2eb4245d357c.PNG
plex-logs.PNG.379ff6d816d61247f56af6a81fe4b3d6.PNG
webui.thumb.PNG.50ece7d864e354822c79aa1383b4495e.PNG
server.PNG.0a9f4ed9df38c16319eb3bdb83592944.PNG
share.thumb.PNG.095a9c2138c485b1d8f0ee3755412051.PNG
So are using the docker or a plug-in?

Last picture looks like a plug-in.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, subagon said:

I see that there's a update to the Plex docker. Anyone know if it fixed the connection timeout issue?

The PMS version in the docker update is the same (1.13.5.5291).  LSIO update their dockers every Friday but that does not always mean updates to the core service.

14 hours ago, subagon said:

I see that there's a update to the Plex docker. Anyone know if it fixed the connection timeout issue?

Don't do this, this was done on a different Plex image.

If you followed my stupid advice, you'll want to go back into your "Add docker" remove my advice and put in the "repository" field as just "linuxserver/plex" that should pull the correct image again, but not fix your version number, which is why you're looking for a fix in the first place.

Add ":1.13.2.5154-fd05be322" After 'linuxserver/plex' 

So it looks like this 'linuxserver/plex:1.13.2.5154-fd05be322'  then apply / done. 

I then removed the container and removed all of the files, tick the checkbox when you remove it (This does not remove the data. Remember that docker stores your user data in the appdata area). This is just to make sure there were no residuals. Then  re-install the docker from your own templates (it should now have saved the value you added above) 

It's been running for about 8 hours with no connectivity issues. 

Also make sure that you are Not automatically updating your docker. 

I noticed that once I forced it to this version it no longer says it has an update. 

Edited by BCinBC
Bad advice.
8 hours ago, BCinBC said:

Add ":1.13.2.5154-fd05be322" After 'linuxserver/plex' 

So it looks like this 'linuxserver/plex:1.13.2.5154-fd05be322'  then apply / done. 

That will not work. We do not tag the container versions as the plex version. What you have done, will just make an error when it tries to pull the container.

47 minutes ago, saarg said:

That will not work. We do not tag the container versions as the plex version. What you have done, will just make an error when it tries to pull the container.

@saarg

You are correct, mea culpa. I did this on Plex's docker image instead. I needed a fix after being down after 3 weeks, I've tried for weeks to find a fix. Plex has messed up the My Plex code and is causing a lot of grief for specific individuals. Reverting to 1.13.2 is the recommended fix at the moment for those that have Plex stability issues.

I actually did this on a different docker Image. In my haste of the excitement of finding a fix, I didn't realize that I had switched images to:

• "plexinc/pms-docker:1.13.2.5154-fd05be322"

That pulled correctly for me, but I would definitely have preferred to use  linuxserver.io's version instead.I tried setting the VERSION variable to a previous version but I was unsuccessful to find a working one.

If you followed my stupid advice, you'll want to go back into your "Add docker" remove my advice and put in the "repository" field back to just "linuxserver/plex" that should pull the correct image again, but not fix your version number.

@saarg If you actually have the Linuxserver.io's 1.13.2.5154 image number, I'd gladly try it in the VERSION field.

Edited by BCinBC
Spelling errors.
1 hour ago, BCinBC said:

@saarg

You are correct, mea culpa. I did this on Plex's docker image instead. I needed a fix after being down after 3 weeks, I've tried for weeks to find a fix. Plex has messed up the My Plex code and is causing a lot of grief for specific individuals. Reverting to 1.13.2 is the recommended fix at the moment for those that have Plex stability issues.

I actually did this on a different docker Image. In my haste of the excitement of finding a fix, I didn't realize that I had switched images to:

• "plexinc/pms-docker:1.13.2.5154-fd05be322"

That pulled correctly for me, but I would definitely have preferred to use  linuxserver.io's version instead.I tried setting the VERSION variable to a previous version but I was unsuccessful to find a working one.

If you followed my stupid advice, you'll want to go back into your "Add docker" remove my advice and put in the "repository" field back to just "linuxserver/plex" that should pull the correct image again, but not fix your version number.

@saarg If you actually have the Linuxserver.io's 1.13.2.5154 image number, I'd gladly try it in the VERSION field.

We are not allowed to post the version numbers here as it might give you access to something you didn't pay for. I haven't restarted my Plex container in some time, so everything is working here. Or maybe not, as I'm not using Plex often.

The container contains the latest version at the time of build, but if you restart our container, it will pull the latest update if there are a newer one. For that to work, you need to either set it to latest or public in the VERSION variable.

If you want a specific version, then specify it in the VERSION variable. And yes, it works. Just tested. You can use the tags on the plexinc dockerhub page in the VERSION variable.

5 hours ago, saarg said:

We are not allowed to post the version numbers here as it might give you access to something you didn't pay for. I haven't restarted my Plex container in some time, so everything is working here. Or maybe not, as I'm not using Plex often.

The container contains the latest version at the time of build, but if you restart our container, it will pull the latest update if there are a newer one. For that to work, you need to either set it to latest or public in the VERSION variable.

If you want a specific version, then specify it in the VERSION variable. And yes, it works. Just tested. You can use the tags on the plexinc dockerhub page in the VERSION variable.

I do understand about the version, I'm not trying to bypass anyone's eligibility (I have a lifetime PlexPass) I'm just passing along what I was recommended by a Plex support person, they said to fix this issue, revert to 1.13.2

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-server-only-online-for-30-seconds-every-7-minutes-or-so/293805/35?u=bobertc

ChuckPATeam Member

Regarding the “Lost Internet Connectivity” issue we’re all seeing.

1.13.5 introduced the ability to bind to an adapter. That works great.
Unforseen side effect is it disturbed MyPlex.
Engineering is working on that now and , AFAIK, will be in next update. BUT, i’m deep in NAS work so don’t have the absolute latest info on it.

Just now, ZachunRAID said:

I entered an older version number in the VERSION variable in the docker config, but when I go into the web ui it says I am still on the latest version. Am I missing something?

You should be able to see whether or not it successfully fetched the version you specified by looking at the log. If not then maybe you entered the version wrong or it is not available.

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

To do that you just need to enter the FULL version number for the version variable in your docker configuration as described in the docker/GitHub readmes linked in the first post.

So I did that and it didn't actually solve my issue (which I realize I have not even described). One of my tv shows (Who is America?) recently stopped being able to be transcoded. It used to work, but now can only be direct played. It is H264 MKV. When I rolled back to an older plex version it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, ZachunRAID said:

So I did that and it didn't actually solve my issue (which I realize I have not even described). One of my tv shows (Who is America?) recently stopped being able to be transcoded. It used to work, but now can only be direct played. It is H264 MKV. When I rolled back to an older plex version it still doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated!

Perhaps I am wrong, but that sounds like an issue with Plex Media Server itself rather than an issue related to this docker instance of PMS.  I can't see how the docker would affect whether or not Plex can transcode a particular show, especially since it does not appear to be an across-the-board transcode problem.

Maybe you have already done so, but, you might find an answer by searching the Plex forums or posting details of the issue there.

idk what happen but ever since the update i cant connect outside my network....
Last update from Plex broke it, if you look back several posts you will find a link to the Plex forum post discussing this.

It really messes with people using docker

4 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

Last update from Plex broke it, if you look back several posts you will find a link to the Plex forum post discussing this.

It really messes with people using docker

And yet I (and others) have had zero issues with Plex with the 1.13.5 version whereas many others have network connectivity issues inside and outside their local LAN.

The problems seem to be related to docker network interfaces and how Plex interacts with them.  It is interesting that some have issues and some don't with similar network setups.

I have zero issues and everything is functioning normally both internally and remotely.

Here are my unRAID/docker networks for reference:

image.thumb.png.3df44a3f39028d80896a610ab2ad740d.png

11 hours ago, BCinBC said:

I do understand about the version, I'm not trying to bypass anyone's eligibility (I have a lifetime PlexPass) I'm just passing along what I was recommended by a Plex support person, they said to fix this issue, revert to 1.13.2

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-server-only-online-for-30-seconds-every-7-minutes-or-so/293805/35?u=bobertc

ChuckPATeam Member

Regarding the “Lost Internet Connectivity” issue we’re all seeing.

1.13.5 introduced the ability to bind to an adapter. That works great.
Unforseen side effect is it disturbed MyPlex.
Engineering is working on that now and , AFAIK, will be in next update. BUT, i’m deep in NAS work so don’t have the absolute latest info on it.

BCinBC,

You said "Engineering is working on that now and , AFAIK, will be in next update".  Who is "Engineering"? Plex or the Linuxserver.io guys? In other words, what release will fix the issue, Plex or Docker?

Edited by subagon
50 minutes ago, subagon said:

BCinBC,

You said "Engineering is working on that now and , AFAIK, will be in next update".  Who is "Engineering"? Plex or the Linuxserver.io guys? In other words, what release will fix the issue, Plex or Docker?

That's a post in a Plex forum by a Plex engineer.  This is a Plex engineering issue.  LSIO simply packages the Linux PMS in a docker. 

Granted the problem seems to manifest itself much more in docker implementations of Plex; neverthless it has to do with a Plex engineering change to allow binding the server to specified network interfaces which has negative side effects in a docker.  It's a Plex issue.

36 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

That's a post in a Plex forum by a Plex engineer.  This is a Plex engineering issue.  LSIO simply packages the Linux PMS in a docker. 

Granted the problem seems to manifest itself much more in docker implementations of Plex; neverthless it has to do with a Plex engineering change to allow binding the server to specified network interfaces which has negative side effects in a docker.  It's a Plex issue.

Thanks for the info. I downgraded to 1.13.2.5154 a couple of days ago and things are much better. I am still seeing connection timeout errors, but not as many. I'm no longer seeing the down 5 minutes, up 30 seconds on 1.13.2.5154. I'm sure once we get a fix from Plex, someone here will let everyone know.