[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

29 minutes ago, xman111 said:

-any reasons why the Intel card wouldn't work?  I transferred over about 750 gb of data on it and the card is fine.  maybe a setting somewhere?

Plex recently introduced the ability to bind to multiple network interfaces.  If you had both the Intel and Realtek NICs enabled it could have confused Plex.  Removing (or disabling one) forced it to bind to the other.  This is a new issue that hits docker implementations of Plex.

This might not be the cause of your issue, but, it has certainly caused quite a few Plex problems recently.  Go back about three pages in this forum where the discussion starts and see if something mentioned there might be related.

EDIT: @xman111 Actually, the discussion of the multiple interfaces issue I mentioned above begins with the first post on page 111.

Edited by Hoopster

tl;dr After disabling and re-enabling Docker, Plex installation (server name, TV/DVR page) has changed. Want to restore from backup (I think).

I've been running Plex for at least a year with no problems. I don't think I've ever had a problem (especially recently) with the Docker not being available. I did recently have a problem with my unRAID system, however, and disabled Docker for a few days while I got that under control.

When I re-enabled Docker, the Plex page that came up was the configuration page as if I had a new server: Plex server name was defaulted to the unRAID server name. I didn't proceed, but instead cut the URL back to <local IP>:32400. Libraries and users are all there. Even On Deck and Continue Watching items are fine. But Plex can't find the original server, only the "new" one.

I also can't change anything under TV/DVR, which works, but doesn't look like it's even enabled. I'm sure Plex showed me the HDHomeRun details as recently as earlier today (i.e. after re-enabling Docker). But now that's gone. Also, Sync (which I never use, but still...) says I need a PlexPass, which I have.

I don't get what the hell happened. All I did was disable Docker, and then re-enable a few days later. It didn't fail catastrophically, yet it's obviously not working right. How can I fix this so that everything works again (preferably without having to individually re-share specific libraries with several dozen users)??

Buncha screen caps attached (including Plex Docker run command). And sorry for the novel-length post.

Plex server version details.png

Sync complains (despite having Plex Pass).png

TV-DVR looks like it is not set up (but it is).png

TV-DVR works.png

User A has access only to original server, User B has access to both.png

'New' server on L, original server on R.png

'New' server top, original server bottom.png

Plex Docker run command.png

** One thing that comes to mind that changed while Docker was off: I had to upgrade my unRAID license from Plus to Pro, because I ended up adding a thirteenth drive. Fix Common Problems is complaining that I've now got two license keys on the system. (That's not *my* fault—Limetech did that!)

Is that a possible reason for the Plex weirdness (especially why it doesn't recognize the server as being the same as it was before)? Is there a way to fix this (even if it requires screwing around with backup config files or something)?

[Also just noticed my title has changed: "Advanced Member." Ha! Not even a little....]

Edited by Karyudo
7 hours ago, Karyudo said:

** One thing that comes to mind that changed while Docker was off: I had to upgrade my unRAID license from Plus to Pro, because I ended up adding a thirteenth drive. Fix Common Problems is complaining that I've now got two license keys on the system. (That's not *my* fault—Limetech did that!)

Is that a possible reason for the Plex weirdness (especially why it doesn't recognize the server as being the same as it was before)? Is there a way to fix this (even if it requires screwing around with backup config files or something)?

[Also just noticed my title has changed: "Advanced Member." Ha! Not even a little....]

Not that this helps with your problem, but I thought I would explain a little about the 2 keys. You have 2 keys because there is a separate key file for plus and pro. When you upgraded to pro the plus key wasn't deleted, and that is probably a good thing. Why delete something without warning and take the risk that something didn't go quite right.

And FCP warns when you have multiple keys because if you ever need to get a new key for a new flash, it could happen that the wrong key gets replaced. Not sure whether that could really happen with different levels of keys (plus,pro), but probably that hasn't been tested.

You can delete the unneeded key yourself. It is on the flash drive in the config folder.

Extremely unlikely any of this has anything at all to do with your plex issue. The docker and plex don't know anything about the keys.

Has anyone seen a update/fix to the connection timeout issue that was reported to Plex a month ago? My Plex server is working okay, but  stuck on version 1.13.2.5154-fd05be322. I see that Plex is now up to version 1.13.7.5369, but i haven't seen anything in the release notes about a fix. Please forgive me for bringing up an old issue, but I don't want it to become forgotten.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, subagon said:

Has anyone seen a update/fix to the connection timeout issue that was reported to Plex a month ago? My Plex server is working okay, but  stuck on version 1.13.2.5154-fd05be322. I see that Plex is now up to version 1.13.7.5369, but i haven't seen anything in the release notes about a fix. Please forgive me for bringing up an old issue, but I don't want it to become forgotten.

If you don't want to be forgotten, you should take it with the plex guys as we just package plex into our container. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:35 AM, saarg said:

If you don't want to be forgotten, you should take it with the plex guys as we just package plex into our container. 

Other than posting to the Plex forums, is there a better method to contact Plex? Is there a way to open a bug report, etc?

It was on this thread that someone said Plex had been informed of this problem. Searching the Plex forums I found one related thread (maybe more but hard to find), but it doesn't contain any insight other than downgrading your Plex server. I'd be happy to add my voice to whatever was send to Plex about this issue if someone could point me to that discussion.

Edited by subagon
6 hours ago, subagon said:

Other than posting to the Plex post forums, is there a better method to contact Plex? Is there a way to open a bug report, etc?

It was on this thread that someone said Plex had been informed of this problem. Searching the Plex forums I found one related thread (maybe more but hard to find), but it doesn't contain any insight other than downgrading your Plex server. I'd be happy to add my voice to whatever was send to Plex about this issue if someone could point me to that discussion.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-server-only-online-for-30-seconds-every-7-minutes-or-so/293805

Sorry link isn't working on my phone client. 

That's what I opened with Plex. 

I just finished building my first server, and transfering all my movies and TV Shows from my old QNAP.  I primarily will be using my UNRAID as a PLEX Media server.  After getting everything transferred I tried playing some movies and things worked just like before. However when trying to play any of the TV  Shows I get a playback error.  After doing a few searches, it might have something to do with EAC3 codec.  I think.  I tried deleting the codec folder and restarting both the docker and the server.  I've also removed the docker completely and installed both the linuxserver and the official Plex docker, and both give me the same issue.  I'm stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Error.PNG

command.PNG

6 hours ago, jluna said:

I just finished building my first server, and transfering all my movies and TV Shows from my old QNAP.  I primarily will be using my UNRAID as a PLEX Media server.  After getting everything transferred I tried playing some movies and things worked just like before. However when trying to play any of the TV  Shows I get a playback error.  After doing a few searches, it might have something to do with EAC3 codec.  I think.  I tried deleting the codec folder and restarting both the docker and the server.  I've also removed the docker completely and installed both the linuxserver and the official Plex docker, and both give me the same issue.  I'm stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Error.PNG

command.PNG

From your other thread, which I have locked so we can continue here where it's more appropriate:

Yes everything worked fine before, and the files play with no issue with any other media player.

By "worked fine before" do you mean Plex Server was able to play the files from another installation? What is the file type (extension/codec)?

2 hours ago, jluna said:

Correct plex was able to play/transcode any of the files without any issues. All files are MKV, after going through more movies I've found that the ones with audio codec TRUEHD and EAC3 will give me a playback error.

I believe that's a known plex issue. There are a few threads on their forum about it