[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Having trouble with this Plex Docker staying alive.  I find myself restarting this every few hours. 

I see this populating in the log all the time. 

I attached diagnostics. 

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.

tower-diagnostics-20181221-2041.zip

Hey guys, need some help please. I've been trying to get install plex on my newly-built unraid all day today and finally got it working with linuxserver.io docker, (binhex vresion did not work for me) so thank you!

My issue is that plex is showing as unavailable outside of my network. I had it working perfectly with plex runinng on a mac mini and just consolidated today after upgrading my unraid. I have port-forwarding enabled on my router and updated the ip on the router to the unraid machine 192.168.1.2. Perhaps it needs to be a different ip because of the docker instead of forwarding everything to the unraid server itself? I am attaching a screen shot here.

Also, did I set up transcoding path correctly? I want to transcode to my cache SSD. I have a share called "downloads" that I sent to use cache-only and created a folder called "transcode" on that share for plex. 

Help!

*EDIT* Weird but all of a sudden that plex remote server icon turned green and now it's showing as accessible outside of my network. I guess it takes a bit to refresh?

I also never had a default container path /media, I had to add that by myself (good thing I read a ton on how dockers work and paths before this). But is this normal? I thought it would be be part of the docker template by default like /config was.

What do you guys think of everything else though including how I forwarded the port on my router to unraid server? There's no way to make it go to a virtual ip directly to the plex docker only correct?

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.32.59 PM.png

Edited by maxse
Dec 22, 2018 13:54:12.185 [0x14d319dfc700] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 11, database corruption at line 51210 of [fc49f556e4]

What else is new.  Plex is a P.O.S., and since this happened on Saturday after LSIO's weekly updates to the latest and greatest and bug-ridden Plex you've probably been hit with one of the numerous issues on Plex.  I'd suggest reverting the Plex app to :158 (edit the container, and add :158 in the repository line), and also hit up the Plex forums for advice.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Dec 22, 2018 13:54:12.185 [0x14d319dfc700] ERROR - SQLITE3:0x10, 11, database corruption at line 51210 of [fc49f556e4]

What else is new.  Plex is a P.O.S., and since this happened on Saturday after LSIO's weekly updates to the latest and greatest and bug-ridden Plex you've probably been hit with one of the numerous issues on Plex.  I'd suggest reverting the Plex app to :158 (edit the container, and add :158 in the repository line), and also hit up the Plex forums for advice.

all ive ever known is Plex lol what else out there is comparable but easy enough for the wife to learn and use as well

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

If it's all local network access, then use Kodi / LibreElec directly.  Personally, I think of Plex as a necessary evil, but I only use it (or even have it installed) for the times when I'm on the road for extended periods.  Emby however is a viable alternative.

but issue is i have extended family around the globe that use the plex to watch stuff

guys please help! I finally got everything working, or so I thought... But very often it seems that even though the docker is showing as running, I cannot access the WebUI for plex! It either takes very long to load, or just errors out as if the web page does not exist. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

I am running the unbalance server at the same time moving files between hard drives. Not sure if this is something that intereferes?

guys please help! I finally got everything working, or so I thought... But very often it seems that even though the docker is showing as running, I cannot access the WebUI for plex! It either takes very long to load, or just errors out as if the web page does not exist. Can someone tell me why this is happening?
I am running the unbalance server at the same time moving files between hard drives. Not sure if this is something that intereferes?
If you are running unbalance. I am assuming you moving your media and plex is constantly scanning your library.

Probably best to stop your docker until whatever you are moving is done.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2018 at 2:57 AM, flokason said:

I have been trying to get inter HW transcoding to work for the past months without success.

I have the 

Intel 8700k

Gigabyte HD3 Z370 motherboard

Unraid 6.6.5

In Plex, extra parameters, I have this line:

My go file:

My syslinux file has this:

when I list directories in the path /dev/dri I have these:

I do have a lifetime plex pass

I have it ticked "use hardware acceleration when available" in the Plex settings.

But still no hardware transcoding.

Here is the error from the Plex logs:

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

edit:

I think I might not be using the linuxserver.io docker.
I think I have the official unraid docker, this is what says in the repistory:

plexinc/pms-docker

So perhaps this question doesn't belong here, but I hope I get some answers, maybe I should post it somewhere else

I tried switching to official plex docker from the linux repo one and what finally fixed my issues was stopping the docker then going to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Codecs/ and deleted the 2 files out of the codecs.  Then I restarted the docker and it redownloaded the codecs and bam everything is FINALLY working. Didn't have to revert the plex versions from the latest. Tested on both dockers with success.

Hi All, Looking for some assistance with a "Warning" that I just noticed in my Plex logs.  This seems to align with some Plex issues.  Could someone help to suggest what I can upload to this site to help resolve this issue.

*** WARNING: Detected another IPv6 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

Thank you for your help!

Edited by dubbly
On 12/21/2018 at 9:16 PM, maxse said:

Hey guys, need some help please. I've been trying to get install plex on my newly-built unraid all day today and finally got it working with linuxserver.io docker, (binhex vresion did not work for me) so thank you!

My issue is that plex is showing as unavailable outside of my network. I had it working perfectly with plex runinng on a mac mini and just consolidated today after upgrading my unraid. I have port-forwarding enabled on my router and updated the ip on the router to the unraid machine 192.168.1.2. Perhaps it needs to be a different ip because of the docker instead of forwarding everything to the unraid server itself? I am attaching a screen shot here.

Also, did I set up transcoding path correctly? I want to transcode to my cache SSD. I have a share called "downloads" that I sent to use cache-only and created a folder called "transcode" on that share for plex. 

Help!

*EDIT* Weird but all of a sudden that plex remote server icon turned green and now it's showing as accessible outside of my network. I guess it takes a bit to refresh?

I also never had a default container path /media, I had to add that by myself (good thing I read a ton on how dockers work and paths before this). But is this normal? I thought it would be be part of the docker template by default like /config was.

What do you guys think of everything else though including how I forwarded the port on my router to unraid server? There's no way to make it go to a virtual ip directly to the plex docker only correct?

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.32.59 PM.png

Your plex works fine outside the network. BTW. Please edit that picture because everybody can see your IP. You are exposing yourself, be careful.

Oh my goodness, thanks, I erased the pic, thank you

Hoping someone could PLEASE help me out. For some reason, even on my local LAN network, wired with ethernet appleTVs and wifi mac computers that have a strong connection... I get a message on the apple TVs something that says network speed is not enough and it stops playing." When I'm on my macbook using plex, it starts to hardware trancode, when in the past (I used to run plex server on a mac mini) it would just direct play on the macbook.

I'm thinking that somehow plex isn't recognizing the clients are on the local network and makes it go outside of the network and then back in? I'm not really sure why or what's evening happening and this never happened before when I had plex server running on a mac mini. Playback just stops if I use the web app sometimes (on my local network) and if I used the plex app on my local network, the quality is pixelated, and I can see the plex is trancoding for some reason

Edited by maxse

bond0   fault-tolerance (active-backup), mtu 1500

eth0     1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

lo   loopback

Looks like full Gigabit speed, never had any issues when using a Mac Mini

Just checked played movie on Plex app and the web app at the same time on a macbook. The web player direct plays the video, while the plex app is transcoding! This is over wifi, maybe the wifi isn't as strong and the apps handle transcoding differently? I know the web app paused sometimes, maybe because it tried to play the full stream.

This doesn't explain the issues I've been having with the apple TVs though that are hard wired, not wifi connected.

Edited by maxse
13 hours ago, maxse said:

I'm thinking that somehow plex isn't recognizing the clients are on the local network and makes it go outside of the network and then back in?

Might be worth trying to change the “LAN Networks” setting in Plex under Network (enable advanced settings). They’re entered in the format: 

127.0.0.1,192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

More details here:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/200430283-network/

Edited by Tyler

So it just happened again on during a Direct Stream to an apple TV. I had time to quickly log into plex and when I moused over the stream it was Direct play but said that it was BUFFERING. Throughout all this time I had another stream that was a remote stream that was transcoding, and that remote stream never needed to buffer and was smooth as butter never skipping a beat! Again appleTV is via ethernet.

I am having a parity rebuild during this time not sure if that would cause plex to buffer, however, again the remote stream was flawless and never skipped a beat, doesn't make sense that this internal stream is buffering. I'm not sure what this means

Help! Don't know what's going on!

Edited by maxse