[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4 minutes ago, casperse said:

Sorry isn't this the docker mount that I posted? 

The mount is: image.png.a78e3a25ac7a473d7542ecb5010ac5e7.png - Thats in the docker UI

Not sure I know what you mean?

Look at the forum settings, make sure signatures are switched on and you'll see a link in my sig to Docker Run Command.

That's what we need to see.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Look at the forum settings, make sure signatures are switched on and you'll see a link in my sig to Docker Run Command.

That's what we need to see.

Sorry here you go:

image.thumb.png.9cdb5e53484dd6fd8247b9bb49dbdcd7.png

image.thumb.png.da704c681ae345aeff1a4791c2e57304.png

What does the privileged setting do? Is it like setting a Higher process priority than the other Dockers? 

image.png.75013ceb06e919cbcadc9ed6bcaf4234.png

Again thanks for your time! 

6 minutes ago, casperse said:

Sorry here you go:

image.thumb.png.9cdb5e53484dd6fd8247b9bb49dbdcd7.png

image.thumb.png.da704c681ae345aeff1a4791c2e57304.png

What does the privileged setting do? Is it like setting a Higher process priority than the other Dockers? 

image.png.75013ceb06e919cbcadc9ed6bcaf4234.png

Again thanks for your time! 

Sorry, I realise now you actually had posted the relevant info originally.  I missed it.

So what is the issue?  You can't browse from Plex (Docker container) - Host (Unraid) - SMb Share (Different Machine)

Probably a limitation of the SMB layer I would imagine.  Not something I've ever tried, but I'd be surprised if nobody else has.

The --privileged flag gives all capabilities to the container, and it also lifts all the limitations enforced by the device cgroup controller. In other words, the container can then do almost everything that the host can do.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 1

Okay I have to see how that impacts the CPU load - I can see that HW transcoding is finally working!, so only sound transcoding is needing CPU power

Strange its so high though... anyway it is working, I can access the SMB shares and play the files, I just need to type the suddirs manuall in the source.

So no biggie! - I think your right SMB layer was creating huge problems for the SHIELD TV dev. team and it took almost 6 months before the Plex servers SMB shares was working. Anyway back to refreshing the move of my Plex metadata... (Also I plan to move the media files to UnRAID that is why I have all the folders twice as smb and locally ;-)

I know this has nothing to do with the LSIO docker itself and is a Plex Media Server issue, but, I am just curious if anyone else saw what I did after upgrading to the latest iteration of this docker?

After PMS was updated to 1.15.0.569, a large part of my media became unplayable through any Plex client.  No TV shows recorded through the Plex DVR/HDHomerun would play and most .mkv movies also refused to play.

I rolled back to 1.14.1.5488 and everything plays again without issue.  Time to spend a little time on the Plex forums, but, at least on my server, 1.15.0.569 appears to have some significant issues.

Edited by Hoopster
3 hours ago, Hoopster said:

I know this has nothing to do with the LSIO docker itself and is a Plex Media Server issue, but, I am just curious if anyone else saw what I did after upgrading to the latest iteration of this docker?

After PMS was updated to 1.15.0.569, a large part of my media became unplayable through any Plex client.  No TV shows recorded through the Plex DVR/HDHomerun would play and most .mkv movies also refused to play.

I rolled back to 1.14.1.5488 and everything plays again without issue.  Time to spend a little time on the Plex forums, but, at least on my server, 1.15.0.569 appears to have some significant issues.

Definitely a plex issue and you should ask on their forums

2 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Definitely a plex issue and you should ask on their forums

Yep, already reported it there.  Others are reporting issues with 1.15.0.569, although not exactly what I saw.  I was just curious if I was alone, or if other users of this container had seen the same problem with the latest version of Plex.

Just now, Hoopster said:

Yep, already reported it there.  Others are reporting issues with 1.15.0.569, although not exactly what I saw.  I was just curious if I was alone, or if other users of this container had seen the same problem with the latest version of Plex.

I didn't notice any issues on my end and had a bunch of users streaming happily over the last few days. No complaints so far.

After doing a hardware upgrade and subsequent restore of all my docker appdata, I'm having the EAC3 issue again where no files with EAC3 audio will playback unless I delete the Codecs folder.  I remember this being an issue a year or two ago and I had to delete this folder after each PMS upgrade to get EAC3 files to work again.

Does anyone know a permanent fix for this?  I can't remeber what I did to get this working long term.

Edited by IamSpartacus
7 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Looks like the problem is unrelated to the version of PMS.  It just started happening again on 1.14.1.5488.  I updated to 1.15.0.569 and some of the media now plays on most platforms.

Perhaps I have some Plex database issues.  I did add a lot of new movies during the last few days.  Maybe I will try restoring from appdata backup from last week when everything was working.

4 hours ago, IamSpartacus said:

After doing a hardware upgrade and subsequent restore of all my docker appdata, I'm having the EAC3 issue again where no files with EAC3 audio will playback unless I delete the Codecs folder.  I remember this being an issue a year or two ago and I had to delete this folder after each PMS upgrade to get EAC3 files to work again.

Does anyone know a permanent fix for this?  I can't remeber what I did to get this working long term.

I think someone solved it by doing chmod -R 777 on the codec folder. 

Been getting this error recently whenever I try to play music remotely...

[Transcoder] [segment @ 0x677680] Failed to open segment list 'http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/:/transcode/session/95953fe8-c4f2-4c1f-8e7b-79b7e7161b89/6ae6dc2b-55a7-4ab5-b573-e016653e8d0e/seglist?X-Plex-Http-Pipeline=infinite'
[Transcoder] av_interleaved_write_frame(): Broken pipe

Any ideas?

Cheers

4 hours ago, NeoDude said:

Been getting this error recently whenever I try to play music remotely...

[Transcoder] [segment @ 0x677680] Failed to open segment list 'http://127.0.0.1:32400/video/:/transcode/session/95953fe8-c4f2-4c1f-8e7b-79b7e7161b89/6ae6dc2b-55a7-4ab5-b573-e016653e8d0e/seglist?X-Plex-Http-Pipeline=infinite'
[Transcoder] av_interleaved_write_frame(): Broken pipe

Any ideas?

Cheers

Most likely better to ask in the plex forum about this. 

Looks like you are playing a video though. 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, Hoopster said:

I am seeing exactly the same issue, and reverting to docker version 168 solved it for me. With the latest docker update I was getting nothing playing, and if I left it long enough trying to play the plex web player would show the error 'Transcoder process has crashed' or something similar. When I reverted back to version 168 everything played fine again.

I specifically came into this thread to try to find other users with the same issue. Have you found any more info on what your problem is? I have also done a lot of file moving about recently. Did you find restoring your appdata backup helped? Thanks

3 hours ago, Ascii227 said:

I am seeing exactly the same issue, and reverting to docker version 168 solved it for me. With the latest docker update I was getting nothing playing, and if I left it long enough trying to play the plex web player would show the error 'Transcoder process has crashed' or something similar. When I reverted back to version 168 everything played fine again.

I specifically came into this thread to try to find other users with the same issue. Have you found any more info on what your problem is? I have also done a lot of file moving about recently. Did you find restoring your appdata backup helped? Thanks

Think this might be related to my issue too tbh as it shows transcoder errors. Rolling back to 1.14.1.5488 worked for me.

7 hours ago, Ascii227 said:

I don't think the problem was related to the PMS/docker container version in my case.  Perhaps just the process of stopping, downloading Plex again and restarting the service may have affected something positively.

I have now updated again to the latest docker container/PMS version 1.15.0.659 and everything is playing properly on all clients except the Windows 10 app store Plex client.  It refuses to play anything on all three computers on which it is installed.  I get a MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED : HRESULT – 0x80072EE4 error when attempting to play any media and, sometimes, even just by launching the Plex client on Windows 10.

I have not yet tried to restore the Plex database.  I did delete the Codecs folder and let Plex download the codecs again as needed.  This appears to have helped.

UPDATE:  I ditched the Windows 10 app for the Plex Media Player for Windows and all is well.  It plays everything.

Edited by Hoopster
17 hours ago, Hoopster said:

I don't think the problem was related to the PMS/docker container version in my case.

Unfortunately for me this problem is reproduceable every time. If I change the docker tag to LATEST and restart the docker I cant play anything. Any plex player can browse the library fine but when attempting to play anything the loading spinner will just sit there spinning. If I leave it long enough I will get the message "Playback Error - Conversion Failed. The Transcoder Process Crashed".

If I change the docker tag back to 168 and restart it then everything plays fine.

I am using hardware transcoding via the /dev/dri module. Is anybody else seeing these issues with the latest docker version and hardware decoding?

Edited by Ascii227
4 hours ago, Ascii227 said:

Unfortunately for me this problem is reproduceable every time. If I change the docker tag to LATEST and restart the docker I cant play anything. Any plex player can browse the library fine but when attempting to play anything the loading spinner will just sit there spinning. If I leave it long enough I will get the message "Playback Error - Conversion Failed. The Transcoder Process Crashed".

If I change the docker tag back to 168 and restart it then everything plays fine.

I am using hardware transcoding via the /dev/dri module. Is anybody else seeing these issues with the latest docker version and hardware decoding?

Have you tried a force update on latest?  We pushed a new container 18 hours ago.

I had similar errors after the upgrade to 1.15.0.659. Any playback requiring transcoding (even if just remuxing to a new container), either did not play at all (browser interface) or gave the trancoder crashed message (PMP). Any media which could direct play worked fine. Even remote users could stream if the media could be direct played, but if any transcoding or remuxing was required it didn't work.

I have 2 instances of PMS running on Unraid (1 exclusively for home use) and interestingly the other instance worked fine after the upgrade for all media and all players. Before downgrading the unworking instance to the previous version of PMS, but I compared the PMS settings for both server instances. The only major difference I found was the instance that worked well had Enable HTTP Pipelining checked. After checking this in the broken instance and restarting PMS, everything is working again.