[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 2/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, ijuarez said:

damn autocorrect, I bought the same card, i dont have a 4k tv so no 4k vids.

i also got the same LSI controller in IT mode, but i thought that even with the expander one raid card could only do 16 drives?

The raid controller has a total of 8 channels on two 4 channel ports.
The port expander has a total of 32 channels across a total of 8 ports.

By connecting BOTH of the raid controller's ports to two of the ports on the expander for backhaul, you get a total of 8 channels of bandwidth between the controller and the expander, leaving 6 ports and 24 channels for disks. Effectively, you *should* be able to saturate 24Gb/s or 1Gb/s of bandwidth on all 24 disks simultaneously with this setup. This bandwidth is split between read and write operations since the backhaul connections have to do bidirectional data transfer. Sadly, that works out to some pretty dismal performance for parity checks:

Duration: 1 day, 8 hours, 36 minutes, 8 seconds. Average speed: 68.2 MB/sec

68.2MB/s * 8 (byte -> bit) = 545.6Mb/s * 2 (read and write) = 1091.2Mb/s which is just over 1Gb/s of bandwidth. I imagine this is thanks to some optimization in the backhaul links, but it's not substantial enough to make any real world difference. I'll eventually upgrade to one of the single slot SAS-12 cards that won't require a port expander. With that solution, the limit would then be on the PCI-E lanes, and I doubt you could hit that with spinning platters.

Effectively, each channel is a SATA link, the lowest supported speed of the devices is used as the link speed for each channel. Since the HP Expander only negotiates SATA at 3gb/s we should assume that it's backhaul is negotiating at 3gb/s as well (which is proven by the speeds we see when using all channels simultaneously.

In theory, even a card like the Adaptec ASR-52445 would be faster than my current setup, even though its a 3gb/s controller - because all the ports would be on the same card, and not restricted to the 8 channels available for backhual on my current setup. I'd rather upgrade though and be less worried about limitations as solid state media slowly takes over the market lol

Edited by Xaero

Hello i upgraded to Version 1.15.1.710 and now when i play a video it stops saying that the server can not direct play or transcode play the file. i have tried it on 20 different videos and it happens every time. the length of time that it will play before it cuts out is not consistent. how can i down grade to the prev version?

unraid version  6.6.6

3 hours ago, Nicon4454 said:

Hello i upgraded to Version 1.15.1.710 and now when i play a video it stops saying that the server can not direct play or transcode play the file. i have tried it on 20 different videos and it happens every time. the length of time that it will play before it cuts out is not consistent. how can i down grade to the prev version?

unraid version  6.6.6

Same thing happened. There's a bug in that version. The best you can do is edit the docker container and set the version to "public"

Anyone else getting a non responsive WebUI after this latest Plex docker update? I can't navigate anywhere off the homepage of Plex even when clicking a show/movie. My Dashboard also duplicates my server. It doesn't seem to effect playback, only managing the data within the docker from the server. Restarted the docker multiple times but no luck in fixing it. Ideas?

I am fairly new to linux but not to plex. I am having a strange issue with the plex platform and my unraid server.

My linux version is the current latest stable build and my plex docker is up to date.

When I go into plex through the docker I can see my libraries but anything I click has no result and reloads the home page.

When I go into plex through the plex.tv website I do not have any issues like this.

Also I have a few files that are not showing in plex.

I am unsure if this is an issue with a configuration or otherwise.

Maybe someone can shed some light as to whats going on.

Let me know if I need to send logs and how to do that as I am fairly green to all this.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='Latest' -v '/mnt/user/Plex/':'/plex':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

d208751136e1c714fec524abc6d3e36ec77115a6272c29502dcbee34f8b4d0bd

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1
2019-03-10 13:26:45 URL:https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1/debian/plexmediaserver_1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1_amd64.deb [81059968/81059968] -> "/tmp/plexmediaserver_1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1_amd64.deb" [1]
(Reading database ... 10486 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1) over (1.14.1.5488-cc260c476) ...
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.15.1.710-ece95b3a1) ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init/plexmediaserver.conf ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:15 PM, Bguskey said:

Anyone else getting a non responsive WebUI after this latest Plex docker update? I can't navigate anywhere off the homepage of Plex even when clicking a show/movie. My Dashboard also duplicates my server. It doesn't seem to effect playback, only managing the data within the docker from the server. Restarted the docker multiple times but no luck in fixing it. Ideas?

I am getting the same thing since the last release. Not sure what is going on but a restart of the container seems to solve it temporarily.

that kind of the issue that im having. 

Web UI through docker wont let me leave the plex homescreen.

if I use the plex.tv link without going through the docker it functions normally.

and some of my movies dont show up in the movies tab but if I search them they come up in the search bar.

It has to be an issue with the docker playing nice with the new unraid update. just not sure how to fix it.

I wish i could downgrade, this has been for 2 versions. I figured an update would fix it but it didnt. That being the case even if I downgraded, I would still be on a version of unraid that has the issue...
Two versions of unraid or Plex?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, NoLMTs said:

I wish i could downgrade, this has been for 2 versions. I figured an update would fix it but it didnt. That being the case even if I downgraded, I would still be on a version of unraid that has the issue...

V6.5.3 is still available, but I think it is more likely a coincidence that you began having problems when you upgraded. Lots of people successfully using Plex with the latest versions of Unraid.

V6.5.3 is still available, but I think it is more likely a coincidence that you began having problems when you upgraded. Lots of people successfully using Plex with the latest versions of Unraid.
True that. My plex updated on its own and I started having all sorts of problems. I don't know if something needs to be done at the docker container level or at plex. But I'll stick with the public 1.14 for now. Even if I have plexpass

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 3/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, trurl said:

I am running Unraid 6.6.6 and other than the issue with the latest dev build of plex i have had no problems i am on plex Version 1.14.1.5488 

Not sure if this will help anyone, but a discord group I'm part of, Tronyx reported this helps when having this specific issue.

To anyone seeing the following error within their Plex Docker container (Plex, LinuxServer, Binhex):

ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x1c8c6e0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-6d257586-f7b3-4cbd-a706-d3034fc0ddff/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/6qaxk9m4zbf126pwo1s8jn3j_20494-1-37.wav'
ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x1c8c6e0] error reading output
ERROR - [Transcoder] Error while decoding stream #0:1: Input/output error

It appears to be caused by a bad version of Plex's EasyAudioEncoder (EAE). A quick solution is forcing Plex to redownload EAE by deleting the codecs folder:
./binhex-plex/Plex Media Server/Codecs

A more permanent solution, provided by the one and only @iXNyNe, is to use a script that executes when the container starts to remove the codecs directory.

Create a script with the following content:

#!/usr/bin/with-contenv bash
set -euo pipefail
IFS=$'\n\t'

rm -rf "/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs"

Save it somewhere in your /config directory, IE: /config/scripts, which you should have mounted to your Docker Host. For example, all of my Docker containers have their own directory in the /home directory, IE: /home/plex/config.

Then just add the following to the volumes section of your Plex container in your Docker-Compose file:

/path/to/plex/config/scripts/00-plex-remove-codecs:/etc/cont-init.d/00-plex-remove-codecs

Using my above example it would look like:

plex:
  volumes:
  - /home/plex/config/scripts/00-plex-remove-codecs:/etc/cont-init.d/00-plex-remove-codecs

• Like 1

I recently upgraded my setup and stated to play with unraid so i got mostly everything setup except for the life of me i can not seem to get plex to upgrade to to most recent plexpass version. i have changed the VERSION variable to every option and it still stays at 1.14.1.5488 , i have it all setup and running. not sure what im doing wrong but can anyone point me in the right direction 

1 hour ago, mkyb14 said:

Just updated this morning to the latest push, now plex has no library's or information... why would updating the docker wipe out my current config?

How do I restore it?

Probably you still have some things not setup correctly. Post diagnostics as explained in your other thread:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/78558-cache-disk-shows-full-mover-doesnt-clear-it/?do=findComment&comment=728717

Also post your docker run command as explained in this first link from the Docker FAQ: