[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

5 hours ago, Kudjo said:

I am having this EXACT same problem.

Trying to rollback because I sometimes can't leave the Plex home screen. (I can still play everything if I click it directly and search still works, but plex will never leave the home screen). The TAG/Version method has worked before, but it won't roll back this time. I'm also running Unraid Version 6.6.7. The official Plex docker rolls back like normal using the same TAG method, so I wonder if there might be a hangup with this build in particular?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Along with the version for 1.14blah, pass an environment variable where PLEX_DOWNLOAD="https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server"

On 3/27/2019 at 6:13 AM, trurl said:

What happens if you click on that "Allow insecure connection"?

Well, I went back to find out and it's not showing up. I went to the settings, however, and changed the dropdown for "Allow Fallback to Insecure Connections" to "Always" and still nothing.

Edited by owtlaw333

Hi, all. I'm setting up a new plex server and it's was chugging along, scanning all of my media. It would become unavailable intermittently, but I thought that was because of the amount of media it was indexing and all of the calls it had to made to TVDB and Movie DB, but after doing a restart after a crash that lasted a while, all I see is "Starting Plex Media Server." in the docker logs, over and over. 

I've also noticed that in Plex's config folder, this "plexmediaserver.pid" file pops up and disappears intermittently,. It exists for less than a second before it disappears again.

plexlog.png.e6152f7c2dbebc93c126aaa908b9f403.png

pmspid.png

Edited by naturalcarr
Added new pic
43 minutes ago, naturalcarr said:

Hi, all. I'm setting up a new plex server and it's was chugging along, scanning all of my media. It would become unavailable intermittently, but I thought that was because of the amount of media it was indexing and all of the calls it had to made to TVDB and Movie DB, but after doing a restart after a crash that lasted a while, all I see is "Starting Plex Media Server." in the docker logs, over and over. 

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your next post.

Also post your docker run command as explained here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Sure, heres everything.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/mnt/user/Files/Media/':'/media':'rw' -v '/tmp':'/transcoding_directory':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/addonfiles/dockers/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

bross-diagnostics-20190330-1259.zip

runc.png

Yeah, whenever I have an unexpected shutdown I get them. I had 2 yesterday. I think it has something to do with my rig, I'm running an old SuperMicro server using a M1015 (it flashed) card for JBOD, it also gives me some issues with my cache, so I made sure my appdata (Addonfiles for me) folder isn't on there.

Also, your docker image is 40G and already 22G is used. If you have your docker applications configured correctly it is extremely unlikely you would ever get close to using even 20G, and I always recommend people only have 20G for docker image just so it will fill up sooner and they will know they have something misconfigured.

Since you are trying to transcode to a folder mapped to /tmp, possibly that is where you are going wrong. Have you actually set Plex to transcode to /transcoding_directory?

Not on this new installation yet. My old server had it set, I was just going to let plex index everything first, then when I let my clients onto the new one, I'd swap over to the /tmp mapping. 

As for the docker file, I never knew that, I did have an issue where I misconfigured deluge a while back and my stuff went missing in there somewhere, but I have no idea how I'd clean that up without trashing all of my dockers.

**EDIT**

I do want to say that the ballooning stopped after I fixed deluge, but I'd already extended my docker image by that point.

Edited by naturalcarr
2 minutes ago, naturalcarr said:

I have no idea how I'd clean that up without trashing all of my dockers.

Delete docker image, recreate it at 20G, and reinstall your dockers using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page. They will be exactly as before.

But exactly as before may be wrong in some way.

The way you fill docker image is by having one or more applications writing to a path that is not in mapped storage. Common mistakes are using the wrong upper/lower case and using a relative instead of an absolute path (beginning with / ).

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, naturalcarr said:

Yeah, whenever I have an unexpected shutdown I get them. I had 2 yesterday. I think it has something to do with my rig, I'm running an old SuperMicro server using a M1015 (it flashed) card for JBOD, it also gives me some issues with my cache, so I made sure my appdata (Addonfiles for me) folder isn't on there.

Since you have unresolved and recurring hardware issues, I have to ask:

Do you have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable? Parity is not a substitute for backups, and invalid parity as you seem to often have is definitely going to be a problem if you do need to recover a disk.

Theres nothing like that on here. I do have a backup solution planned, but it took me a while just to get the 24ish tb of drives I have now, theres nothing super important on the server (all the media I can pull again, although it'll take a while), but that also means its all equally important to me, and I'll want to back up every bit of it when I get a robust solution sorted out. 

Also, I turned on the log rotation.

Edited by naturalcarr

Yeah, I actually know the values by heart, those S.M.A.R.T. errors have actually had the same values for about 2 years now, I've been checking them every month manually, but luckily they haven't budged, but those are the main reason I wanted to get a backup going. I did turn off the email notifications a while back because I'd get them everyday, twice a day due to the errors.

16 minutes ago, naturalcarr said:

I did turn off the email notifications a while back because I'd get them everyday, twice a day due to the errors.

You can configure which notifications you get, and even configure each disk separately for what gets monitored.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, trurl said:

Have you tried this:

That's what I'm getting at... I think the only way I can get a new server going at all with it is to choose "Remove server" first and I've been reluctant to do so. I may just go ahead and bite the bullet 😣

EDIT: To clarify, I've been getting that screen every step of the way, whether it's a clean install or after every file was copied over.

Edited by owtlaw333
7 hours ago, owtlaw333 said:

To clarify, I've been getting that screen every step of the way, whether it's a clean install or after every file was copied over.

If you get that problem on a clean install, then that suggests you have a problem with plex, not a problem with reusing a previous library.

7 hours ago, owtlaw333 said:

I think the only way I can get a new server going at all with it is to choose "Remove server" first and I've been reluctant to do so. I may just go ahead and bite the bullet 😣

I don't see how that could be a problem. It would just mean that plex.tv wouldn't know about that server. I don't think it should be a problem creating a new server at plex.tv

I don't specifically remember removing any, but I probably have, since I have had plex server on a number of different platforms over the years, and the only plex server I currently have is the one on my Unraid (and it was originally a needo docker as you know).

If you are still in doubt, you might see if anyone has anything to say about removing a server over at the plex forums.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:50 AM, naturalcarr said:

I'll check that out too, I haven't checked on the notification stuff since like 6.1. Also, all of the dockers are finally back up and running. No change in plex, and docker image usage is at 55%.

My docker is doing about the same thing however only on transcoding. It used to use about 10% or less per Transcode now it seems one transcode pushes the usage to over 50% and I cannot figure out for the life of me what could be happening.

1 hour ago, Vonlaus said:

My docker is doing about the same thing however only on transcoding. It used to use about 10% or less per Transcode now it seems one transcode pushes the usage to over 50% and I cannot figure out for the life of me what could be happening.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:34 AM, trurl said:

The way you fill docker image is by having one or more applications writing to a path that is not in mapped storage. Common mistakes are using the wrong upper/lower case and using a relative instead of an absolute path (beginning with / ).

In an effort to attempt to figure out why my CPU is being put into so much use by one transcode. My CPUs in theory should be able to support much more than two transcodes however its just hammmmering my system. I have decided to uninstall and start fresh. I have no plex files or transcode files in app data. I have removed all old templates. I removed the docker for plex as well. Upon going to Community Applications and selecting this Docker the template seems to be incomplete.

Is this normal? Should I be mapping things myself?

I'm pretty knew to this so apologies if some of these questions are dumb.

Capture.PNG

2.PNG