[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/

Give that a read

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. I completed those steps. Integrity passed. Dumped to .sql then back to .db file. No change. 1.14.1.5488 (needo container) launches Plex fine. 1.15.4.919 (linuxserver container) gives SQLITE3:(nil), 5386, os_unix.c:37072: (19) mmap(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-shm) - No such device

3 hours ago, bfeist said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I completed those steps. Integrity passed. Dumped to .sql then back to .db file. No change. 1.14.1.5488 (needo container) launches Plex fine. 1.15.4.919 (linuxserver container) gives SQLITE3:(nil), 5386, os_unix.c:37072: (19) mmap(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-shm) - No such device

This gets even more mysterious. I installed sqlite3 in the linuxserver docker itself and restored the db from dump, then ran the integrity check within the same docker and get a disk I/O error.

# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db < dump.sql
# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"
Error: disk I/O error

----> update

Turns out mapping the folder /mnt/user/appdata/Plex instead of /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex was the issue. No clue why.

Edited by bfeist
update
13 hours ago, bfeist said:

This gets even more mysterious. I installed sqlite3 in the linuxserver docker itself and restored the db from dump, then ran the integrity check within the same docker and get a disk I/O error.

# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db < dump.sql
# sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "PRAGMA integrity_check"
Error: disk I/O error

----> update

Turns out mapping the folder /mnt/user/appdata/Plex instead of /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex was the issue. No clue why.

That is caused by sqlite not liking the fuse file system. Using the cache disk directly works. 

On 4/13/2019 at 12:48 PM, sfnetwork said:

thank you very much it worked!
I stopped to container, install this one from CA and set it up the exact same way for the paths , appdata assignment and name.
It ran a permission process and it started without error and up to date.

2019-04-13 12_47_26-Window.png

Hi, after all that, the only thing not working anymore is the transcode folder... I had "/transcode" mapped to /TMP (RAM) but now, it always gives me an error when transcoding is needed:
1613753861_2019-04-1708_32_35-Window.png.329277c2be49cf7883e48bc3c6f4f39d.png

I tested changing it to an actual share and it works...

Permission issue?

I looked at the console and saw those errors:

LevelError

Thread0x1494699ec700

MessageError configuring transcoder: TPU: Failed to write sub-stream to temporary file
TimeApr 17, 2019 08:37:35.243

LevelError

Thread0x1494699ec700

MessageError creating directory "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-23AA3EAB-F829-4746-8E92-AFA7D48DB98C-c1d708e7-b92e-4595-967a-49ea7e860af4": boost::filesystem::create_directory: Permission denied: "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-23AA3EAB-F829-4746-8E92-AFA7D48DB98C-c1d708e7-b92e-4595-967a-49ea7e860af4"

Edited by sfnetwork
4 minutes ago, sfnetwork said:

Hi, after all that, the only thing not working anymore is the transcode folder... I had "/transcode" mapped to /TMP (RAM) but now, it always gives me an error when transcoding is needed:
1613753861_2019-04-1708_32_35-Window.png.329277c2be49cf7883e48bc3c6f4f39d.png

I tested changing it to an actual share and it works...

Permission issue?

I looked at the console and saw those errors:

LevelError

Thread0x1494699ec700

MessageError configuring transcoder: TPU: Failed to write sub-stream to temporary file

TimeApr 17, 2019 08:37:35.243

LevelError

Thread0x1494699ec700

MessageError creating directory "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-23AA3EAB-F829-4746-8E92-AFA7D48DB98C-c1d708e7-b92e-4595-967a-49ea7e860af4": boost::filesystem::create_directory: Permission denied: "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-23AA3EAB-F829-4746-8E92-AFA7D48DB98C-c1d708e7-b92e-4595-967a-49ea7e860af4"

Update: never mind, I simply had to delete the "transcode" folder in /TMP so it recreated it (with correct permissions I presume)

It works fine now :)

44 minutes ago, sfnetwork said:

/TMP (RAM)

/tmp and /TMP are not the same, Linux is case-sensitive. It is true the if you specify /TMP you will create a root folder named TMP, but it is not the /tmp folder the OS already has created in RAM, and it is not the same as /tmp that is specified in that screenshot for the /transcode mapping. I don't know which of these you told Plex to use. Assuming you have Plex setup to transcode to /trancode, then it will use /tmp, since that is what is in the mapping. If you told Plex to use /TMP (or even /tmp) that is not mapped and so would be in the docker image.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:19 AM, trurl said:

/tmp and /TMP are not the same, Linux is case-sensitive. It is true the if you specify /TMP you will create a root folder named TMP, but it is not the /tmp folder the OS already has created in RAM, and it is not the same as /tmp that is specified in that screenshot for the /transcode mapping. I don't know which of these you told Plex to use. Assuming you have Plex setup to transcode to /trancode, then it will use /tmp, since that is what is in the mapping. If you told Plex to use /TMP (or even /tmp) that is not mapped and so would be in the docker image.

oh... 

So which one is RAM? /tmp or /TMP?

2 hours ago, sfnetwork said:

So which one is RAM? /tmp or /TMP?

Assuming you have Plex setup to transcode to /trancode, then it will use /tmp, since that is what is in the mapping.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:36 AM, sfnetwork said:

2019-04-13 12_47_26-Window.png

According to the mapping you posted, /transcode is mapped to /tmp. That is fine. The only confusion was your mentioning /TMP, which you have not mapped.

If, in the settings within Plex, you tell it to transcode to /transcode, then since that is mapped to /tmp, that is where it will go on the Unraid host.

If you told Plex to use /TMP (or even /tmp) that is not mapped and so would be in the docker image.

The only problem would arise if you told Plex, within its settings, to transcode to something other than /transcode. If you tell it to transcode to something with isn't mapped, such as /tmp or /TMP, it will wind up in the docker image.

7 hours ago, trurl said:

According to the mapping you posted, /transcode is mapped to /tmp. That is fine. The only confusion was your mentioning /TMP, which you have not mapped.

If, in the settings within Plex, you tell it to transcode to /transcode, then since that is mapped to /tmp, that is where it will go on the Unraid host.

The only problem would arise if you told Plex, within its settings, to transcode to something other than /transcode. If you tell it to transcode to something with isn't mapped, such as /tmp or /TMP, it will wind up in the docker image.

ah ok, I understand, thanks for explaining. 

Edited by sfnetwork
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Did you add back to the template any/all of the path mappings which you had originally added to Plex?

I just put the /Media mapping back as I thought that was all I needed. I didn't have the backup of my config file which was a mistake on my part, so I'm trying to remember exactly how I had the whole thing set up. Here is what I have for the template mappings:

image.thumb.png.6256f3dcf575a929b3d3fe88e5453148.png

2 hours ago, Arcaeus said:

Here is the error I get:

That means it knows about the file, but can't find it. So it must be seeing your appdata, which is where your plex library is, but you haven't mapped your Media the same as before, so it can't find the file where the library says it should be.

2 hours ago, Arcaeus said:

Here is what I have for the template mappings:

That looks like it would work, if and only if, that is what you had before. With that mapping for your Media user share, Plex would see it at /Media. It must be exactly the same as you used before, including matching the same upper/lower case you used before.

And the fact that it couldn't find anything when you rescanned also suggests you have the wrong container volume, since it is just going to look in the same place you set it up before.

For example, if you used /media for the container volume before, then that is where the library thinks it should be, not /Media.

Also, you should always have a current backup of your flash drive. Go to Main - Boot Device - Flash - Flash Backup to download a zipped copy of your flash any time you change any settings in the webUI.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick question - I'm not sure if this has been answered before. Google search doesn't show anything.

I tried accessing my Plex server today but it was unresponsive (WebUI wouldn't load, iOS app reported "Unexpected Response" under the server name, and then stopped showing the server entirely). This is what I got when I opened up the Docker logs:

Starting Plex Media Server.

After restarting the Docker:

[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.

Anybody know what the hell is going on? I think I applied some updates a couple weeks ago but didn't check after the update to see if it broke anything. Obviously that's now coming to bite me in the ass...

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Checked in the appdata folder and it seems like my database is corrupt. Here are the logs if anybody is interested:

Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14eddb07a700] INFO - Plex Media Server v1.15.5.994-4610c6e8d - Docker Docker Container (LinuxServer.io) x86_64 - build: linux-x86_64 debian - GMT 08:00
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14eddb07a700] INFO - Linux version: 4.19.33-Unraid, language: en-US
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14eddb07a700] INFO - Processor AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14eddb07a700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.895 [0x14ede77c5f00] DEBUG - BPQ: [Idle] -> [Starting]
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14ede77c5f00] DEBUG - FeatureManager: Using cached data for features list
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.896 [0x14ede77c5f00] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.960 [0x14ede77c5f00] DEBUG - Running migrations. (EPG 0)
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.963 [0x14ede77c5f00] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.963 [0x14ede77c5f00] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 10: [select max(max(metadata_items.changed_at),max(metadata_items.resources_changed_at)) from metadata_items] database disk image is malformed
Apr 30, 2019 22:51:10.963 [0x14ede77c5f00] ERROR - Database corruption: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed

So if you have similar problems check Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs. Now I need to figure out how to fix this stupid database corruption...

EDIT2: Fixed it. If you can't waste time with database recovery just nuke this file: /Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db and launch the Docker image again. Otherwise follow this article: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/ . Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Guest

Is it normal for Plex to use up a lot of RAM the longer it's on?

I've had Plex running for 5 days and it's using about 67% of my system's RAM according to the Plex dashboard and the Docker tab in Unraid. It's currently not being used for streaming or anything and the RAM usage is showing as pretty high.

Normally if I restart Plex it drops the RAM usage right down to around 10-16%. I currently have 16GB of RAM in my system and I am not sure if I should add more RAM (the current load is at 89%) or if this is normal and RAM will get freed up when something else needs it.

Is there a way to see if Plex is holding something in RAM?

Edited by amardilo
1 hour ago, amardilo said:

Is it normal for Plex to use up a lot of RAM the longer it's on?

I've had Plex running for 5 days and it's using about 67% of my system's RAM according to the Plex dashboard and the Docker tab in Unraid. It's currently not being used for streaming or anything and the RAM usage is showing as pretty high.

Normally if I restart Plex it drops the RAM usage right down to around 10-16%. I currently have 16GB of RAM in my system and I am not sure if I should add more RAM (the current load is at 89%) or if this is normal and RAM will get freed up when something else needs it.

Is there a way to see if Plex is holding something in RAM?

i also have this behavior in the official plex docker, i could narrow it down here due using xml based epg and not the PMS epg.

i already made some posts about it there ... may its the same in your setup ...

for now i made a cron to restart daily in the night.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, alturismo said:

i also have this behavior in the official plex docker, i could narrow it down here due using xml based epg and not the PMS epg.

i already made some posts about it there ... may its the same in your setup ...

for now i made a cron to restart daily in the night.

Thanks. I do have a HDHomerun tuner connected to it so maybe it is the EPG data. I think a cron to restart it might be a good idea.

Edited by amardilo

I'm having an issue where my Plex Server no longer being recognized. Plex is seeing my server as a new instance with a message on top saying, "An unclaimed media server has been found on your network. Claim it now".  My Libraries are missing because it think it's a new server.  Here's what led up to this below...

1) I had several cache drive BTRFS errors in my log. Docker apps to would stop or not respond.
2) Searched the forums and found post with similar issues. I tried a few things to fix it with no success.

3) I decided to recreate my cache drive. I disabled docker and VM and moved all cache folders/files to the array. 

5) I cleared my cache configuration and deleted partitions on those my 4 cache SSDs.

6) I setup the 4 SSD drives as cache again and formatted. 

7) Copied all files back to the cache array.

8) Restarted server.

9) Deleted my docker.img
10) Enabled docker. Docker created new empty docker.img

11) Installed Plex from previous Apps. Config pointed to original folders

12) Started Plex

Any ideas?

Is there a way to get Plex to see this as my original instance? 

If I proceed with this new instance and add existing libraries, will Plex automatically use the existing database/files in my config folder?

If I proceed with this how will it effect my Tautulli database?

Your help is appreciated! 

image.png.3edfa7324ccf8f8d2b9bf7dc623dd088.png

Edited by Christopher

I'm having the same issue. My libraries stopped being found so I deleted AppData, etc. Re-installed the Linuxserver plex docker, remapped my libraries and everything is being seen fine. But now I have this same message saying to "claim this server" and I can no longer enable remote access either.

How do I go about fixing this?

Edited by Lyric