[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc
2019-10-21 21:22:05 URL:https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb [86884196/86884196] -> "/tmp/plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb" [1]
(Reading database ... 10445 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc) over (1.18.0.1944-f2cae8d6b) ...
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

Hello, I have a bit of an unusual situation, and hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I was broken into about a month ago, and my HTPC was stolen. Just yesterday, I noticed that the HTPC had recorded a login to the plex server. They didn't play anything, so I can't find an IP on tautulli, but I assume the IP of the session must have been recorded somewhere. Is there any way to retrieve the IP used to access my server from either Docker's or Plex's logs?

I'm not sure where to begin looking, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, 

I recently upgraded my hardware from an i5 4th gen to an i5 6th gen, and downgraded from 16gb to 8gb. Didn't need much. 

I started getting this errors in my plex logs also I stopped seeing the server i have to restart the container often. I'm not if it's related but all I'm getting is this error

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290854758/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.4.0-1/plex/stable/package/9e07aef203e7a776d49230f7e190457a5658b628/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

3 minutes ago, gacpac said:

Hi, 

I recently upgraded my hardware from an i5 4th gen to an i5 6th gen, and downgraded from 16gb to 8gb. Didn't need much. 

I started getting this errors in my plex logs also I stopped seeing the server i have to restart the container often. I'm not if it's related but all I'm getting is this error

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290854758/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.4.0-1/plex/stable/package/9e07aef203e7a776d49230f7e190457a5658b628/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

FYI I'm running the latest stable release Version 1.18.0.1944 and using HW transcoding.

I had a i5-4570 and now I have i5-6400

6 hours ago, gacpac said:

Hi, 

That's a Plex issue as it's related to libs they package with their binary. You should ask on their forum.

6 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Hey LinuxServer team, did you see this vulnerability:

https://nextcloud.com/blog/urgent-security-issue-in-nginx-php-fpm/

pretty sure it impact multiple of your dockers?

Of all the containers we have, you managed to post it in a thread for one that doesn't use nginx and php-fpm 🙂

We are aware of the issue and it the pacakges will be updated when alpine updates them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Of all the containers we have, you managed to post it in a thread for one that doesn't use nginx and php-fpm 🙂

We are aware of the issue and it the pacakges will be updated when alpine updates them.

Lol just realized now I was in the Plex thread 🤪. Good that you know about the security flaw, I suppose we’ll see update to all your dockers that have nginx Pretty quickly?

5 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Lol just realized now I was in the Plex thread 🤪. Good that you know about the security flaw, I suppose we’ll see update to all your dockers that have nginx Pretty quickly?

When alpine/ubuntu release an update, it will be picked up by our build system and builds a new container.

Hi, I'd like to back-up my Plex data since I've spent so much time organizing and adding custom posters, names etc. What options do I have for this? I already have "Backup/Restore Appdata" running every night but where would I find the folder with the posters, thumbnails, naming etc?

I'm not talking about the movie / TV files. Just the artwork, posters, namings, etc. 

12 minutes ago, adminmat said:

Hi, I'd like to back-up my Plex data since I've spent so much time organizing and adding custom posters, names etc. What options do I have for this? I already have "Backup/Restore Appdata" running every night but where would I find the folder with the posters, thumbnails, naming etc?

I'm not talking about the movie / TV files. Just the artwork, posters, namings, etc. 

I picked this up from somebody on this forum so if I find out who I will give credit but this is what I run in user scripts on Monthly schedule.  It zips my plex directory minus the cache folder then deletes any existing backups older than 45 days from my Backup share.

#!/bin/bash
zip -rq /mnt/user/Backup/PlexZip/$(date +\%Y-\%m-\%d-\%H-\%M).zip /mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/ -x "/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/*"
find /mnt/user/Backup/PlexZip/ -mindepth 1 -mtime +45 -delete

Edited by B_Sinn3d

Dammit, it's happened again.

Overnight something must've happened.

This morning, I woke to this....

Last time this occurred, I changed the app data folder to a specific drive.       /mnt/disk1/appdata/plex

Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this?