6 hours ago, JT24 said:

Dammit, it's happened again.

Overnight something must've happened.

This morning, I woke to this....

Starting Plex Media Server.

Last time this occurred, I changed the app data folder to a specific drive.       /mnt/disk1/appdata/plex

Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this?

Is there a way to salvage the database and rebuild it?

How can I try this?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/?_ga=2.158357434.1477259291.1572050764-45369178.1571561051

I'm not sure how to execute these commands.

Edited by JT24
  • Like 1

Hi,

i have a curious problem - everytime i look for docker updates, my plex (and tautilli) says that there is a update. But when i go on update it says its the latest version....

Pulling image: linuxserver/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from linuxserver/plex.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

I got the same problem with the linuxserver.io tautilli docker.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:24 AM, JT24 said:

Is there a way to salvage the database and rebuild it?

How can I try this?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/?_ga=2.158357434.1477259291.1572050764-45369178.1571561051

I'm not sure how to execute these commands.

I think you just go into the console of the Plex docker from the docker menu and run the linux commands from the location where the databases are.

3 hours ago, DazedAndConfused said:

I think you just go into the console of the Plex docker from the docker menu and run the linux commands from the location where the databases are.

I've just copied and pasted the commands into the console. Pretty sure it wasn't going to work, and it didn't.

Any ideas as to how I can run them correctly?

So since updating to Version 6.7.2 I've had issues with different plex dockers where it'd just "crash" and become unreachable. I've tried rebooting it, restarting, pausing, stopping the dockers and have never been able to get them back going again. I've "solved" this by switching back and forth between different dockers and setting them up again, but it just happened again and want to see if there's anything else I should try. Do you guys have any suggestions? No idea what's causing it or how to solve it. Other dockers apps seem fine (not experiencing this issue). No idea what to do, any help would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, yanksno1 said:

So is this a known problem with 6.7.2? 

Applications that use the SQLite database (as does Plex and many others) were far more likely to suffer frequent database corruption if the appdata share was not stored on a cache drive.

If you have no cache drive (or you were not storing appdata there) and if appdata is not limited to a single disk on your array (this reduced but did not eliminate the database corruption) it was highly likely that with any 6.7x version of unRAID, you would get frequent database corruption.

It took a long time to track this down and fix it, but, 6.8.0-rc5 appears have finally licked this nasty bug.

FYI - I have an SSD cache drive and have ALWAYS had appdata on the cache drive and I never have experienced SQLite database corruption with any unRAID release, including the 6.7,x versions.

• Like 1

Okay thanks guys. A couple times when re-building it, I pointed to the old app directory in hopes it'd copy everything over into it but that didn't work both times. So I'm guessing it was the Plex DB corruption issue like you said. Don't have my stuff on my cache drive yet, but asked a couple questions here. I ended up updating to 6.8.0-rc5, so hopefully that'll solve this issue in the meantime before setting up my cache drive. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Hi guys,

Was adding some new content to my TV Series yesterday and one show seems to have got stuck since I can’t even delete it from Plex, when I try to remove the item it gives me the error “There was a problem deleting this item.”.

I did remove it from the hard drive but still there and scan fails.

Looking at the console I can see the following errors repeating:

SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Thread: Uncaught exception running async task which was spawned by thread 0x14ddac521700: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 9: [select statistics_bandwidth.id as ‘statistics_bandwidth_id’, statistics_bandwidth.account_id as ‘statistics_bandwidth_account_id’, statistics_bandwidth.device_id as 'statistics_bandwidt

I am running this on a docker container on UnRaid, is there anyway I can repair this?? Did not want to redo the whole thing again!

Many thanks

2 hours ago, LondonDragon said:

Hi guys,

Was adding some new content to my TV Series yesterday and one show seems to have got stuck since I can’t even delete it from Plex, when I try to remove the item it gives me the error “There was a problem deleting this item.”.

I did remove it from the hard drive but still there and scan fails.

Looking at the console I can see the following errors repeating:

SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 65066 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Thread: Uncaught exception running async task which was spawned by thread 0x14ddac521700: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed
SQLITE3:(nil), 11, statement aborts at 9: [select statistics_bandwidth.id as ‘statistics_bandwidth_id’, statistics_bandwidth.account_id as ‘statistics_bandwidth_account_id’, statistics_bandwidth.device_id as 'statistics_bandwidt

I am running this on a docker container on UnRaid, is there anyway I can repair this?? Did not want to redo the whole thing again!

Many thanks

There is multiple post about fixing a corrupt database in this thread. Look at the previous pages or go to the plex support page and find how to fix a corrupt database.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

IMG_5268.png
I can not seem to add diagnostics as I’m on my phone but I hope this helps, when I go back to 6.7
It works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't help at all. Still need Diagnostics and run command. That is not the run command. 

See the very first link in the Docker FAQ for instructions on getting the run command.