[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 hours ago, Twitchstick said:

do i just restart the docker

yes

2 hours ago, Twitchstick said:

reinstall using my docker image

This seems to indicate some confusion about what the docker image is. You can reinstall using the template or the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page. But just restarting the container should do it. Plex will see the codecs don't exist and will get them.

I"m sorry, I'm a complete noob, and I'm completely lost. Please excuse my ignorance, egregious though it may be.

I'm trying to enable the Plex Media Server. I created a new Docker container, and walked through the (dated) video as best I can.

I used the unRaid cheat sheet at https://ronnieroller.com/unraid#setup-notes_plex-media-server to set the container path.

Plex runs, but it doesn't see my Media share. When I go to Add Library, and then Add Folder, I can get to /mnt, but it doesn't show any subfolders--I can't see /mnt/user, let alone any of the shares underneath that. 

I read the unRaid Docker Guide at https://lime-technology.com/wp/docker-guide/, and frankly can't understand a damn thing it's saying.

If there's anything resembling a manual, or instructions, I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I'd gladly RTFM if I could find the FM.

I"m sorry, I'm a complete noob, and I'm completely lost. Please excuse my ignorance, egregious though it may be.
I'm trying to enable the Plex Media Server. I created a new Docker container, and walked through the (dated) video as best I can.
I used the unRaid cheat sheet at https://ronnieroller.com/unraid#setup-notes_plex-media-server to set the container path.
Plex runs, but it doesn't see my Media share. When I go to Add Library, and then Add Folder, I can get to /mnt, but it doesn't show any subfolders--I can't see /mnt/user, let alone any of the shares underneath that. 
I read the unRaid Docker Guide at https://lime-technology.com/wp/docker-guide/, and frankly can't understand a damn thing it's saying.
If there's anything resembling a manual, or instructions, I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I'd gladly RTFM if I could find the FM.
Post your docker run command, link to this is in my signature, you may need to enable signatures on your forum setting.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

hey everyone i was cleaning up my plex library and was using the delete function in the plex program and i removed a bunch of shows it removed the video files fine but didnt delete the main show folders. just wondering if there is a program or tips i can use to remove them instead of having to check every folder manually to see if it has anything in it. 

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Post your docker run command, link to this is in my signature, you may need to enable signatures on your forum setting.

same boat for me here any guidance would be appreciated. paths are set to the share\folders when installing the container but within plex itself i dont know where to browse to add the media (nothing under mnt either)

10 minutes ago, jamesd1343 said:

same boat for me here any guidance would be appreciated. paths are set to the share\folders when installing the container but within plex itself i dont know where to browse to add the media (nothing under mnt either)

Why did you quote the instructions on getting us the required information, but didn't actually bother to follow those instructions?

Here is the link he mentioned that is in his signature:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/#comment-564345

That is also the very first link in the Docker FAQ. It might be worth your while to read other posts in that FAQ too.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, pe4nut1989 said:

hey everyone i was cleaning up my plex library and was using the delete function in the plex program and i removed a bunch of shows it removed the video files fine but didnt delete the main show folders. just wondering if there is a program or tips i can use to remove them instead of having to check every folder manually to see if it has anything in it. 

I use the krusader docker

14 hours ago, CHBMB said:

This is my command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex'

e98fb6545baa9978e101367ab338143fdaf2d9eaca29d655b83f0eb3fe5286c5

4 minutes ago, SJOWG said:

This is my command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex'

You haven't configured a path for your media.Should look something like this-

SafariScreenSnapz004.thumb.png.99050b59b1f2ffa25a83694eff647413.png

You'll need to modify this to your system.

56 minutes ago, SJOWG said:

This is my command:

More to the point, you're not even using the LinuxServer container  'limetech/plex'

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

More to the point, you're not even using the LinuxServer container  'limetech/plex'

I'm sure you're telling me something important, but I'm not getting it. Are you saying I'm in the wrong thread? Or that I've configured my system incorrectly? Something else?

Just now, wgstarks said:

You really should post your questions in the support thread for which ever docker you are using.

I understand. If I had a clue what support thread that was, I would. When searching through the threads, I only found this one and the binhex one that said "Plex." Since I knew I wasn't using the binhex docker, I assumed this was the correct one. My apologies.

Just now, SJOWG said:

I'm sure you're telling me something important, but I'm not getting it. Are you saying I'm in the wrong thread? Or that I've configured my system incorrectly? Something else?

This is the support thread for the LinuxServer version of Plex, the run command you posted is for the LimeTech version of Plex.

Depending on how you look at it, you're either in the wrong thread (Use the LimeTech support thread) or you've configured your machine incorrectly (You should be using our version)

1 minute ago, SJOWG said:

Yes, wrong thread. This thread is for the LSIO Plex docker. Since LT has deprecated theirs you may want to consider switching.

Just now, CHBMB said:

This is the support thread for the LinuxServer version of Plex, the run command you posted is for the LimeTech version of Plex.

Depending on how you look at it, you're either in the wrong thread (Use the LimeTech support thread) or you've configured your machine incorrectly (You should be using our version)

Got it, thank you. My apologies.

4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

As an aside I know our container has some advantages that the LT version doesn't if you end up using hardware transcoding

Thanks. I guess that's what I get for following that old YouTube video.

Is there an idiot's guide to converting?