[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I've installed LinuxServer Plex in Docker. Here's the run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/media/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/RecordedTV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/Music/':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/videos/':'/videos':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/media/pictures/':'/photos':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

e438d613a4c29e3feb94f36ab8a1a2c5cdd28bd07c1580ef4dd070332e0dcd9b

The command finished successfully!

But when I open the GUI, it shows me two copies of my server: one that has my Music, Other Videos, and Photos shares shown, and the other that shows my Movies share. The first one has an exclamation point on it, and when I click on it, Plex tells me the server is unavailable. When I click on the second one (the one that shows the Movies share), all seems well. I can add the other libraries to the second one, but how do I delete the first one? And how did I get two in the first place?

10 hours ago, SavellM said:

Is there a way I can move my Plex metadata to a spare SSD on unassigned devices?

I have this drive running for transcoding but I cannot for the life of me see where in Plex to set the new location for metadata

I assume to do this, I would need to move my appdata directory to the SSD and change the docker to point to that appdata?

Error:

Not available outside your network

Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network.

So I really looked at various references on this forum as well as various plex docker support forums but I cant figure out how I can get remote access working.

The Netgear Orbi router is set to port forward 32400 to the internal 10.0.0.29 IP.

The router also assigns 10.0.0.29 always to my unraid server.

The unraid server has the ip, I checked and the settings in network are:

• eth0
  • Enable bridging yes
  • IP v4 10.0.0.29

Plex docker is set to:

• Network Mode Host
  • 32400 port is enabled with TCP

The Plex docker is stating in the log files: Dec 02, 2019 21:18:21.933 [xxx] DEBUG - Detected primary interface: 10.0.0.29

Furthermore port manually set in the Plex GUI under the remote access to 32400.

Greatly appreciate if anyone has advise on how to fix the remote access.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Seriously_Clueless

@Seriously_Clueless I would you suggest you tick the port in Plex to manually set it.

I had the same issue where it kept saying isn't accessible outside of network, only after I clicked the port mapping button and manually put 32400 would it then say its accessible outside.

image.thumb.png.ba5aa5e679fc44437b54000a46e07053.png

Try this and let us know how it goes.

*edit* Just read your ending you did this already... my bad

Edited by SavellM

thank you for the reply so, yes indeed it is set. 

I am wondering if it has to do with the routing table from Unraid:

IPv4 default 10.0.0.1 via br0 210

IPv4 10.0.0.0/24 br0 210

IPv4 172.17.0.0/16 docker0 1

IPv4 192.168.122.0/24 virbr0 1

Do I need to add or delete anything here? The 192.168 is from my old network when I initially set up Unraid, then I moved it into the house network which is 10.0.0.0/24.

I also read someone stating to add a route IPv4 10.0.0.0/24 eth0 1 to get it to work but since I dont understand the details and it was a very old forum topic I am wondering if I should do that, I dont want to render Unraid useless as you can imagine.

Im having an issue to where my plex server says "unreachable" even though im on the same network. Ive tried many different things to try and fix it but nothing is working. and im not sure where else to go. ive tried rolling back the version, ive tried updating the entire unraid os, ive tried using other source dockers for plex. i all get the same errer of my libraries showing "unreachable" Any help? What do you all need for info to help figure out what is wrong? Im at a loss here and it just started today. 

8 hours ago, snoopi114 said:

Im having an issue to where my plex server says "unreachable" even though im on the same network. Ive tried many different things to try and fix it but nothing is working. and im not sure where else to go. ive tried rolling back the version, ive tried updating the entire unraid os, ive tried using other source dockers for plex. i all get the same errer of my libraries showing "unreachable" Any help? What do you all need for info to help figure out what is wrong? Im at a loss here and it just started today. 

Without any details in terms of network setup, config and so on it is impossible to help. As you can see in my post, you should provide similar details. Also ensure you include the router settings, especially when you have activated the router security features. That should help pinning the issue you are facing down.

I've just moved to this Docker from the Plexmediaserver Docker after receiving a message about that one being deprecated. As far as I can tell all the settings have been transcribed across to this Docker correctly but for some reason I can't access my shares using this Docker, Plexmediaserver still works fine.

Can anyone help me understand what the issue is and get this setup properly? Let me know what info you need to help. Thanks

5 minutes ago, be4con said:

I've just moved to this Docker from the Plexmediaserver Docker after receiving a message about that one being deprecated. As far as I can tell all the settings have been transcribed across to this Docker correctly but for some reason I can't access my shares using this Docker, Plexmediaserver still works fine.

Can anyone help me understand what the issue is and get this setup properly? Let me know what info you need to help. Thanks

There isn't anything specifically called "Plexmediaserver Docker". Do you mean the plex docker from the limetech repository?

Post the docker run command you get from each of these dockers as explained in this very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/#comment-564345

1 hour ago, trurl said:

There isn't anything specifically called "Plexmediaserver Docker". Do you mean the plex docker from the limetech repository?

Post the docker run command you get from each of these dockers as explained in this very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/#comment-564345

Thanks for replying.

It is called 'Plexmediaserver' on my Docker tab, and I installed it using the 'Plexmediaserver' container template, but yes it is from limetech. There is another Docker called just Plex, but that one is binhex I think?

This the run command from this Docker:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_HD movies':'/HD movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/TV':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_SD Movies/':'/SD movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_Kids Movies/':'/Kid'\''s movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_stand up/':'/Stand up':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Admin/':'/Admin':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

5dce4db5278a3c35b51e2d79611970c2dc19c9f92616bc8a4b72850835716c37

and this is the one is from the limetech Docker:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --log-opt max-size='50m' --log-opt max-file='1' -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_HD movies':'/HD movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/TV/':'/TV':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_SD Movies/':'/SD movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_Kids Movies/':'/Kid'\''s movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/MOVIES/_stand up/':'/Stand up':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Admin/':'/Admin':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex'

30114d31fca3c84ec6f0e154eafc81058dbdddc4bcf1c733e7b50e4c470c03f8

Thanks

26 minutes ago, be4con said:

Thanks

When you say you can’t connect, exactly what do you mean? Is the Plex app giving you a warning?

Looks like with this configuration you’ll need to rebuild the Plex database. Another option might be to set your appdata path to point to the previous appdata folder so you may not have to re-add everything.

2 hours ago, be4con said:

It is called 'Plexmediaserver' on my Docker tab, and I installed it using the 'Plexmediaserver' container template, but yes it is from limetech. There is another Docker called just Plex, but that one is binhex I think?

You can name them whatever you want simply by setting the Name field on the Add/Edit Container page. If you notice, that is one of the parameters in the docker run command.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like with this configuration you’ll need to rebuild the Plex database. Another option might be to set your appdata path to point to the previous appdata folder so you may not have to re-add everything.

What he said.

Since you have specified a different appdata path for the other docker then you haven't actually got any libraries added yet. The appdata contains the plex library database. Since this is a new appdata it is a new installation of that plex library database.

9 hours ago, wgstarks said:

When you say you can’t connect, exactly what do you mean? Is the Plex app giving you a warning?

6 hours ago, trurl said:

You can name them whatever you want simply by setting the Name field on the Add/Edit Container page. If you notice, that is one of the parameters in the docker run command.

What he said.

Since you have specified a different appdata path for the other docker then you haven't actually got any libraries added yet. The appdata contains the plex library database. Since this is a new appdata it is a new installation of that plex library database.

Of course! It's so obvious when you say it :)

Thanks both, I feel like a real idiot now 🤣

On 12/2/2019 at 12:42 AM, TheInfamousWaffles said:

Can someone please tell/refer to the how to in running through https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database/? I'm not open to removing clearing it out and recreating my libraries as I've spend 10s to 100s of hours customizing.

I'm hitting a wall on getting SQlite3 as I'm completely out of my depth.

Can someone help, please.

Can someone help, please.
I don't use Plex and am on mobile atm so difficult to do much.

It would probably be easier to roll back to a backup.

If you don't have backups then I would definitely make some before you attempt any database repair.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, CHBMB said:

It would probably be easier to roll back to a backup.

If you don't have backups then I would definitely make some before you attempt any database repair.

All of my back ups have this issue since around the update to 6.7 which is too far for me to go back to. Of course I'll make a backup before attempting, I just need some guidance in doing so.

Is anyone else able to assist? I only need to be able to get a command line working with SQLite3 on my server so I can run the commands provided from Plex.

1 hour ago, slipknottin said:

All of a sudden PMS can no longer scan and find new folders and files (well it says it is scanning, but it finds nothing).  I'm assuming this is a permissions issue, how do I go about fixing this? 

You could try running the docker safe new permission tool in tools of unraid. Choose the shares you mount in plex.