[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 minutes ago, saarg said:

Yes

That didnt fix it, so i went and looked in the scanning logs and I see a "sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed" error.  So what is the easiest way to correct this?  I am okay with it rebuilding the entire database, just not sure how or where to remove the current broken one

2 minutes ago, slipknottin said:

That didnt fix it, so i went and looked in the scanning logs and I see a "sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed" error.  So what is the easiest way to correct this?  I am okay with it rebuilding the entire database, just not sure how or where to remove the current broken one

Upgrade to 6.8  You will have to rebuild the database though if you don't have a backup of it.

1 minute ago, slipknottin said:

Okay, just upgraded to 6.8, how do I rebuild the database? 

IDK, I don't use plex, so short of deleting its existing appdata folder and starting completely from scratch I'm not sure.  I do however know that 6.7 has issues with SQLite  corruption which is why you need to be on 6.8+

Greetings team!

After upgrading my UnRaid to 6.8 today, I ran docker updates.  When upgrading LinuxServer.io - Plex I got an error about a ZIP file.  Unfortunately I didn't save the error.  After this error I had an orphaned docker container with only the option to remove, which I did.

I just looked and I do still have the appdata folder for the Plex container.  How do I redeploy and utilize this prior config?

25 minutes ago, ScottinOkla said:

Well I feel stupid, that was easy.

Unfortunately it didn't work.  This brought me back to the (orphan image).

I tried running through the previous apps feature again, and Plex was listed.  Upon clicking it I get 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES '='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-d176d9bc-3e97-1c7c-080c-50c7569935e5' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/movies/':'/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/tv/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/music/':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex' 

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

I see that NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES is listed twice, with one of them being blank 

9 minutes ago, ScottinOkla said:

I tried running through the previous apps feature again, and Plex was listed.  Upon clicking it I get 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES '='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-d176d9bc-3e97-1c7c-080c-50c7569935e5' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/movies/':'/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/tv/':'/tv':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/gdrive/Media/music/':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex' 

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Unknown runtime specified nvidia.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

I see that NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES is listed twice, with one of them being blank 

Unraid stock does not have nvidia runtime or the nvidia drivers for hardware transcode. You need to install the custom nvidia version through the nvidia plugin

46 minutes ago, aptalca said:

Unraid stock does not have nvidia runtime or the nvidia drivers for hardware transcode. You need to install the custom nvidia version through the nvidia plugin

I am back up and running after running through Settings/Nvidia Unraid and chosing the most recent version.

What I learned from this is that if you are using Nvidia inside of UnRaid, that you can't just update as soon as UnRaid tells you that an update is available.  You have to wait until Nvidia UnRaid has the update available.

Thank you for all of the assistance.

I just updated to 6.8.0 and now my plex wont start. Worked fine beforew my update. Every time I try to start I get a message "Execution Error, Server Error".

I rolled back to 6.7.2 and it started working again. Is this a known issue? Can I do something to fix it? Will it be fixed in an update? Do you want a system log to help understand my issue?

Edited by Mike Rando
update

Alright, I'm re-updating to 6.8.0 to get the exact error. Looks like the error is:

Dec 12 19:33:47 Tower rc.docker: plex: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dvb": no such file or directory
Dec 12 19:33:47 Tower rc.docker: Error: failed to start containers: plex

Seeing "/dev/dvb" reminds me I had to use a plugin UnraidDVB to get my antenna to work. That might be my issue.

Edited by Mike Rando
update
12 hours ago, Mike Rando said:

Alright, I'm re-updating to 6.8.0 to get the exact error. Looks like the error is:

Seeing "/dev/dvb" reminds me I had to use a plugin UnraidDVB to get my antenna to work. That might be my issue.

That is your issue.  /dev/dvb/ is your tv tuner.

Just now, BigRed8150 said:

Its WinTV-HVR-22XX PCIe card

You're going to have to try it and see and do some reading about DVB in Plex.  They only support a limited number of tuners, and Linux itself doesn't support every tv tuner, so you need to make sure there are Linux drivers