[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

9 hours ago, saarg said:

Which GPU do you use?

If it's an iGPU, you have to add the chmod command in the go file so it's applied every boot.

It doesn't make sense that /dev/dri doesn't exist with the array started. Do you pass through the gpu to a VM?

I actually have the chmod command in my go file. I don't think that the directory isn't there on bootup, it's that there are no permissions to the directory on bootup, unless I stop the array first and reapply the chmod command on the directory. I guess my chmod command isn't applying for whatever reason. I typed it, and not copy and paste so I'm sure it's correct. Oh well, it's not a huge deal, but was hoping someone might know why that is. Also, using an iGPU, sorry forgot to mention that.

3 hours ago, SeoulPlaya said:

I actually have the chmod command in my go file. I don't think that the directory isn't there on bootup, it's that there are no permissions to the directory on bootup, unless I stop the array first and reapply the chmod command on the directory. I guess my chmod command isn't applying for whatever reason. I typed it, and not copy and paste so I'm sure it's correct. Oh well, it's not a huge deal, but was hoping someone might know why that is. Also, using an iGPU, sorry forgot to mention that.

Without you supplying anything about what you actually have in your go file and the outputs of the commands you run, it's hard to help.

Post the output of ls -al /dev/dri after array started and after applying the command, while the array still running. Also any commands you run you should post the output of, and if course the command you used.

Post also the content of the go file regarding the setup of the iGPU.

Remember that there now are some restriction for running commands from the go file.

5 minutes ago, acbaldwi said:

Forgive me if this has been asked before everytime my plex docker updates it acts as if it is a brand new plex server i lose my db and all my metadata. Any idea what the cause might be?

Post a screenshot of your Plex docker container configuration and the run command.

Instructions on how to get the run command are here.

Maybe that will be enough for someone to help.

15 hours ago, saarg said:

Without you supplying anything about what you actually have in your go file and the outputs of the commands you run, it's hard to help.

Post the output of ls -al /dev/dri after array started and after applying the command, while the array still running. Also any commands you run you should post the output of, and if course the command you used.

Post also the content of the go file regarding the setup of the iGPU.

Remember that there now are some restriction for running commands from the go file.

Ok. Will post these once I have a chance to reboot the server. Right now this is the content of my go file.  

#!/bin/bash
#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding in Plex
modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

Here is the output of the command but this is after I made the change of course. 

Capture.JPG.ef2b35633ade022074d132fa481ecf28.JPG

I will find time today to reboot the server and try again. Sorry for the delay in posts. It's been busy with the present climate of the world these days. Thanks for your help!

I rebooted my server. The array came up but plex docker would not start. Plex log shows:            Critical: libusb_init failed

Using Putty, entered ls -al /dev/dri. Output was: No such file or directory.

Stopped array. Re-entered ls -al /dev/dri. Output showed the directory and contents. 

Started array. Re-entered command. Same output again, and my plex docker auto started.

I've attached screenshots of both my go file and the putty. Not sure what is going on but maybe it's my go file. 

Capture.PNG.b2ec71e163494eeb18f0b24c85dd0981.PNG

Capture1.PNG.71ccd338b314d812ebdb91f45f137943.PNG

56 minutes ago, SeoulPlaya said:

I rebooted my server. The array came up but plex docker would not start. Plex log shows:            Critical: libusb_init failed

Using Putty, entered ls -al /dev/dri. Output was: No such file or directory.

Stopped array. Re-entered ls -al /dev/dri. Output showed the directory and contents. 

Started array. Re-entered command. Same output again, and my plex docker auto started.

I've attached screenshots of both my go file and the putty. Not sure what is going on but maybe it's my go file. 

Capture.PNG.b2ec71e163494eeb18f0b24c85dd0981.PNG

Capture1.PNG.71ccd338b314d812ebdb91f45f137943.PNG

Please post the diagnostics after rebooting the server, but before doing anything.

Also try to move the modprobe and chmod after the emhttp entry.

Do you have any VMs using the iGPU?

34 minutes ago, saarg said:

Please post the diagnostics after rebooting the server, but before doing anything.

Will try those suggestions. I can't reboot it right now but will try again later. Yes I have 1 VM using the iGPU but it is off and hasn't been on in awhile. I was just testing some things with it.  Will post diagnostics log after reboot and before I try anything as well.

Edited by SeoulPlaya
22 hours ago, saarg said:

So I rebooted my server today and before i did that, your question regarding the VMs using the iGPU made me think that was the cause. I changed the video to VNC for my VM and then rebooted the server. Everything came up including my plex! So it definitely had something to do with both the VM and the Plex having the iGPU passthrough. I had plex for auto start and the vm to stop so not sure why it caused an issue, but that's fine. 

1 hour ago, SeoulPlaya said:

So I rebooted my server today and before i did that, your question regarding the VMs using the iGPU made me think that was the cause. I changed the video to VNC for my VM and then rebooted the server. Everything came up including my plex! So it definitely had something to do with both the VM and the Plex having the iGPU passthrough. I had plex for auto start and the vm to stop so not sure why it caused an issue, but that's fine. 

I think it might have to do with your go file and where you placed the iGPU stuff. Probably emhttp binds the iGPU to vfio and then the driver isn't available, and therefore no /dev/dri.

placing the iGPU part last in the go file would probably have fixed it also.

8 hours ago, mAYH3M said:

Can you pass on the USB tuner in the docker and use Plex DVR.Does the docker has the required drivers?

I’m not using DVB plugin in Unraid as I have the Nvidia one installed.

No, you need to install the drivers on the host. So you need to install the dvb build to get it working.

Hi All

I started to have Plex docker just stopping?

So I disabled auto update in the Unraid Plugin but I still get these "Shutdowns"

I then got the logs right after a shutdown/stop of the Docker and I can see this:

"Shutting down with signal 15 (Terminated)"

This would normally mean that the system is shutting down, but Unraid and all my other Dockers run perfectly

So how do I find out what is issuing this command to plex on Unraid?

UPDATE: I have also excluded the backup of Appdata for /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/ so it shouldnt stop the Plex docker should it?

Okay : I think it's the update vs the backup plugin that need more time difference in order not to conflict with each other... more date = more time

Edited by casperse

Having issues with Plex server being seen by Plex app. Quick backstory: my cache drive toasted which contained my docker and appdata. Since created /System/Docker share and put docker there, and added /appdata share. New cache drive, but nothing on it yet. Have tried installing several Plex apps, but not a single one works, meaning I get the "No soup for you" message. Compared installation with my son using unRaid, and everything is almost identical, but his works. 

01-plex-no-soup-issue.thumb.png.541c4dc5314d9ecd7dc5a90dced76fde.png

01-plex-configuration.thumb.png.f42b3b2dd21c57087fecb1f9171be6c0.png

01-plex-no-soup-screen.png.9c17c6dae5976c4de1c5af99140012d0.png

I'm attaching logs from the docker/Plex, and from the plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

Can someone please help? I have a lifetime Plex pass, and my family uses Plex outside the home. I installed Emby and it worked right out of the box, but I do not want a monthly fee.

go-file.txt plex-docker-log.txt Plex Media Server.log

Hi Guys, simple question.

Couple of days ago I got the "no soup for you" and never could figure out the reason.

Gave up and deleted the Plex Docker and used CaClean to hopefully wipe and cache left over.

Everytime I try to start a fresh Plex docker install I end up with my past servers included with bad paths etc. and a big mess.

Just want to start from scratch and rebuild the libraries.

What files need deleting that I'm missing? Possibly on boot USBkey?

Thank you ahead.

22 minutes ago, Raycaster said:

What files need deleting that I'm missing? Possibly on boot USBkey?

When you install a container, a user template is created under /boot/config/plugins/DockerMan/templates-user ... you can try deleting the "my-plex.xml" file before reinstalling. That could be what you're running in to?

EDIT - I've managed to resolve this - it appeared to be an issue with Firefox browser, and my VPN plus some remnant appdata from previous Docker instances that hadn't deleted properly. Once I'd sorted all those the server is visible again and I can reconstruct my library.

I'm sure this is a simple problem, and I am missing some critical step but I've been struggling to work out what is going wrong. I lost access to my unraid server through all Plex apps (it was listed but I just couldn't connect), and couldn't figure out what the issue was so I just decided to start fresh, delete the docker and image and reconfigure.

I've done that, I was fairly sure I had got all the settings right, but now I can't see my server or media in Plex on any device - the unraid server just doesn't show up.

What have I done wrong?

These are my settings:
image.thumb.png.7c72f88876298a474b81f8a000e16c79.png

And my log:

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

Edited by be4con
SOLVED!

I've just realised I have/had the EAC3 'issue'. i.e. any video file with EAC3 audio requiring audio transcode down to 2 channgels (most of my client apps) won't play the file, I get the following log entry:

"ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x7e9840] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-198c89ec-c5fa-4ceb-99dc-409b57434d00/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/C02939D8-5F8B-432B-9FD9-6E7F76C40456_522-0-21.wav'"

I found a solution in this thread, just deleting the appdata\plex\..\Codecs folder and restart so it recreates it and everything seems fine now!

Instead of deleting, I just renamed the folder to "Codecs_OLD" so I could see what the difference was, there are only two differences

1. The licence file has different contents

2. (probably the most crucial!) the "EasyAudioEncoder" file (2.5Mb, no extension) does not have the executable flag set on the old non-working version!

I think this happened after the update a day or so ago, or that's when I noticed it!

Obviously it's fixed for now, but just wondering if anyone has any idea on how it might have happened in case it comes back at a later date?

Edited by Snubbers
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Snubbers said:

I've just realised I have/had the EAC3 'issue'. i.e. any video file with EAC3 audio requiring audio transcode down to 2 channgels (most of my client apps) won't play the file, I get the following log entry:

"ERROR - [Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x7e9840] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-198c89ec-c5fa-4ceb-99dc-409b57434d00/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/C02939D8-5F8B-432B-9FD9-6E7F76C40456_522-0-21.wav'"

I found a solution in this thread, just deleting the appdata\plex\..\Codecs folder and restart so it recreates it and everything seems fine now!

Instead of deleting, I just renamed the folder to "Codecs_OLD" so I could see what the difference was, there are only two differences

1. The licence file has different contents

2. (probably the most crucial!) the "EasyAudioEncoder" file (2.5Mb, no extension) does not have the executable flag set on the old non-working version!

I think this happened after the update a day or so ago, or that's when I noticed it!

Obviously it's fixed for now, but just wondering if anyone has any idea on how it might have happened in case it comes back at a later date?

Long time Plex issue. Report it to them