[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

17 hours ago, aptalca said:

Long time Plex issue. Report it to them

I have been over there and see it affects a few people so added to a thread or two! Thanks!

The other issue which I've also just had is the DNS rebind issue that only affects EAC3, so that's two silent ways it won't work

1. EasyAudioEncoder X flag setting incorrectly

2. EAE uses URI's (*.plex.direct) that my router for one sees as a DNS rebind attempt and blocks it..

I was sat there scratching my head when the same EAC3 audio tracks wouldn't play and finally stumbled across this whilst on the plex forums.. just adding *.plex.direct as an exception on the router and all is well again!

This seems something so easy for plex to fix but they just seem to sit on it.. sometimes you feel like just doing it for them!

49 minutes ago, Snubbers said:

I have been over there and see it affects a few people so added to a thread or two! Thanks!

The other issue which I've also just had is the DNS rebind issue that only affects EAC3, so that's two silent ways it won't work

1. EasyAudioEncoder X flag setting incorrectly

2. EAE uses URI's (*.plex.direct) that my router for one sees as a DNS rebind attempt and blocks it..

I was sat there scratching my head when the same EAC3 audio tracks wouldn't play and finally stumbled across this whilst on the plex forums.. just adding *.plex.direct as an exception on the router and all is well again!

This seems something so easy for plex to fix but they just seem to sit on it.. sometimes you feel like just doing it for them!

If it was open source you could PR, but it's not. I guess you'll have to let them know and wait until they get to it.

11 minutes ago, vmax5000 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I updated my unraid to 6.8.3 and now my plex server won't start. I did update the plex server software prior to the unraid update.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Looks like you may have been running the Unraid Nvidia Build as you have a GPU ID filled in.  Did you update Unraid to the non Nvidia 6.8.3?

Good Evening,

I am setting up an new Unraid for Plex. I have installed docker, installed nvidia Unraid. But when i set my Network type, I cant for the life of me figure out why it will not connect to the webui. When i switch it to custom, it gets an ip address but will not connect to the plex servers.

Any ideas would be grateful. Hope all are well and safe. Thank you for your help.

6 hours ago, acozad1 said:

Good Evening,

I am setting up an new Unraid for Plex. I have installed docker, installed nvidia Unraid. But when i set my Network type, I cant for the life of me figure out why it will not connect to the webui. When i switch it to custom, it gets an ip address but will not connect to the plex servers.

Any ideas would be grateful. Hope all are well and safe. Thank you for your help.

You can check the logs! It is on the right site next to the Docker container. Maybe it gives you some clues.. 

Hello all:

New Unraid user here (approx 1 month). I have Plex installed and working fine until this past weekend when I upgraded some hardware and now, a lot of the posters are gone and even after I select "Refresh Metadata" they still dont show or even provide images to pick from. What can I check or do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kaos809

I have been having the same issue recently, but I am also new to unraid an docker.  If I rebooted the server everything worked for a while, but then it would stop working at some point. I would add a new movie to plex and it could not find a match, even though I could find it immediately in IMDB.  I also noticed that the system could not connect to the apps store either. I did get errors from the Fix Common Problems app that suggested that my DNS servers were not responding and to use the google DNS servers.  I set the DNS as suggested in my network settings but that did not seem to make a difference. So I just today plugged my server directly to my router and set the DNS in the router to use the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 google settings and I'm trying that. So far it seems ok.

Sorry, not much help, but I am new to this as well.

V

Guys I'm trying to make the GPU do the hard work for encoding/decoding but I'm getting this issue in the screen shot that I attached. I tried to restore the permissions from the "New Permissions" under settings but still getting the same error. I tried "Docker Safe New Perms" under settings but again same issue still. What should I do?

Capture2.JPG

Edited by uaeproz
4 hours ago, uaeproz said:

Guys I'm trying to make the GPU do the hard work for encoding/decoding but I'm getting this issue in the screen shot that I attached. I tried to restore the permissions from the "New Permissions" under settings but still getting the same error. I tried "Docker Safe New Perms" under settings but again same issue still. What should I do?

Capture2.JPG

Why are you trying to do the chmod? Plex handles encode/decode now, so no need to modify anything.

Your error is caused by not escaping spaces and also using the wrong name.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

Why are you trying to do the chmod? Plex handles encode/decode now, so no need to modify anything.

Your error is caused by not escaping spaces and also using the wrong name.

I was following this guy's instructions to enable NVDEC on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz16M67z0uM

Do you have any pointers to undo the "damages" I made? lol. Transcoding "some" 4k videos is just buffering and not playing now.

By the way, in chmod I realized that I used wrong folder name (the "Plex Transcoder" was missing the r).

If NVDEC is enabled, how to undo the damage now? I tried clicking on force update but nothing happens  

4 hours ago, uaeproz said:

I was following this guy's instructions to enable NVDEC on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz16M67z0uM

Do you have any pointers to undo the "damages" I made? lol. Transcoding "some" 4k videos is just buffering and not playing now.

By the way, in chmod I realized that I used wrong folder name (the "Plex Transcoder" was missing the r).

If NVDEC is enabled, how to undo the damage now? I tried clicking on force update but nothing happens  

Then you have to undo what you did following the video.

6 hours ago, uaeproz said:

I nuked the docker.img

This video was posted on youtube 7 months ago. Since when GPU NVDEC was enabled, it must be very recent?

If it's in /usr/lib inside the container you only had to remove the Plex container or even easier, just remove a character and type it again in the Plex template and hit apply. That will delete the container and create a new without the modification.

• Thanks 1
On 4/8/2020 at 10:34 PM, uaeproz said:

I nuked the docker.img

This video was posted on youtube 7 months ago. Since when GPU NVDEC was enabled, it must be very recent?

That video is accurate up until it tells you to go into a terminal and start mucking around on the command line.  NVDEC must also be enabled in Plex itself.  Good luck!

Edited by Jason Harris
On 4/10/2020 at 7:45 PM, Jason Harris said:

That video is accurate up until it tells you to go into a terminal and start mucking around on the command line.  NVDEC must also be enabled in Plex itself.  Good luck!

Can you tell me where to stop:

cd /usr/lib/plexmediaserver

mv "Plex Transcoder" "Plex Transcoder2"

apt-get update

apt-get install nano

nano Plex Transcoder

#!/bin/sh

/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "$@"

Add Transcoder after Plex

chmod +x "Plex Transcoder"

47 minutes ago, uaeproz said:

Can you tell me where to stop:

cd /usr/lib/plexmediaserver

mv "Plex Transcoder" "Plex Transcoder2"

apt-get update

apt-get install nano

nano Plex Transcoder

#!/bin/sh

/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Transcoder2 -hwaccel nvdec "$@"

Add Transcoder after Plex

chmod +x "Plex Transcoder"

You don't have to do anything to use both hardware encode and decode in Plex.

Apart from setting the container up to use your Nvidia card.

I am having some issues (just started) with Plex not playing videos that played fine yesterday. This is on multiple players (inside and outside my network) so I am focussing on the server side. I am trying to "roll back" to an earlier version of the Plex server docker.

I have add the following "linuxserver/plex:1.18.9.2571-e106a8a91-ls86" in the repository line in the docker config based on the tags here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

But it does not seem to "roll back"? Both on the unRAID docker page it says I am still running the latest version (1.19.1.2645) and on the actual Plex server page.

What am I doing wrong in trying to "roll back"? Thanks!

Edited by TexasDave
4 hours ago, TexasDave said:

I am having some issues (just started) with Plex not playing videos that played fine yesterday. This is on multiple players (inside and outside my network) so I am focussing on the server side. I am trying to "roll back" to an earlier version of the Plex server docker.

I have add the following "linuxserver/plex:1.18.9.2571-e106a8a91-ls86" in the repository line in the docker config based on the tags here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

But it does not seem to "roll back"? Both on the unRAID docker page it says I am still running the latest version (1.19.1.2645) and on the actual Plex server page.

What am I doing wrong in trying to "roll back"? Thanks!

Set version var to docker so it doesn't update during start

• Like 1