[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 hours ago, Alex.b said:

Hello,
I’m using Plex on docker version.

On my iPhone I’m trying to upload photos to Plex. All JPG/PNG photos working but it seems all my HEIC photos don’t upload. Is it an excepted issue ?

I don't use "Path for transcoding folder (Optional)" on docker. Must I set a path to transcode HEIF photos ?

Thank you

Doesn't look like Plex supports HEIC yet

https://forums.plex.tv/t/heic-heif-support-in-photo-libraries-new-photo-format-for-iphones/195514/44

5 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

Hum, so it must come from my poor understanding of english 😅

EDIT: yes my bad, read to fast the sentence of the comment. Need to convert before all images to JPG. Hurray.

That sentence wasn't well written. Many native english speakers don't do that well writing it.😉

Folks, I hope you can point me in the right direction here. I am trying to downgrade from 1.20 to 1.19 to get my camera upload working again.

Version field is there and I read official documentation. Container either pulls the latest image, or just hangs. This is the syntax I am using:

VERSION=1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896

When I do above for any specific version, container starts but doesn’t work. Every other syntax combination just downloads the latest image.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Have you tried entering just the version number without “VERSION=“?

Sorry I didn't clarify that I pulled that from actually config file. Here is the screenshot of the settings which makes more sense. With this docker starts but hangs. I tried multiple versions including the latest one.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 13.56.36.png

2 hours ago, sit_rp said:

Sorry I didn't clarify that I pulled that from actually config file. Here is the screenshot of the settings which makes more sense. With this docker starts but hangs. I tried multiple versions including the latest one.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 13.56.36.png

If you post the container log we might be able to see what is going on. Just saying it hangs isn't really helping us help you.

11 minutes ago, saarg said:

If you post the container log we might be able to see what is going on. Just saying it hangs isn't really helping us help you.

Very true...I will look up where docker logs are stored.

So I left Plex container alone for about 1 hour while it was "hanged" (0% cpu utilization, only using about 5mb of RAM). Just came back to get my Plex back online with latest version and noticed that it finally booted up and I can get into it. It is reporting 1.19 version in the dashboard.

Definitely need to look through logs here. 1 hour to boot up a container is not gonna roll with me.

1 hour ago, sit_rp said:

Very true...I will look up where docker logs are stored.

So I left Plex container alone for about 1 hour while it was "hanged" (0% cpu utilization, only using about 5mb of RAM). Just came back to get my Plex back online with latest version and noticed that it finally booted up and I can get into it. It is reporting 1.19 version in the dashboard.

Definitely need to look through logs here. 1 hour to boot up a container is not gonna roll with me.

It's downloading and installing the Plex version you set it to install and that depends on your internet speed and horsepowers.

There is a log button at the end of the Plex container line.

2 hours ago, saarg said:

It's downloading and installing the Plex version you set it to install and that depends on your internet speed and horsepowers.

There is a log button at the end of the Plex container line.

It downloads container within seconds on my server. After I hit play it gets stuck. I don’t have this issue with any other container and if I use the latest version it starts up immediately.

I didn’t notice the logs button but will take a look.

Edited by sit_rp
7 hours ago, sit_rp said:

It downloads container within seconds on my server. After I hit play it gets stuck. I don’t have this issue with any other container and if I use the latest version it starts up immediately.

I didn’t notice the logs button but will take a look.

Downloading the container and downloading the deb to install the Plex version you set is not from the same place, so it might be that the download speed you have for the Plex deb is slow. 

6 hours ago, saarg said:

Downloading the container and downloading the deb to install the Plex version you set is not from the same place, so it might be that the download speed you have for the Plex deb is slow. 

Yeah, you are probably right. I went over the logs and didn't see anything out of normal (I looked at the Plex container logs and docker logs in diagnostics). The only thing I noticed was downgrade warning below.

dpkg: warning: downgrading plexmediaserver from 1.20.4.3517-ab5e1197c to 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896

At this point I am on the right version and when I restart the container it start in seconds, so it is possible it could have been something stupid like download.

I do appreciate your attention on this.

So i have a question

since i cant download Nvidia Unraid anymore (as of yesterday i cant find it anywhere do dl, espically not from the community applications), I have issues getting hardware transcoding to work with plex.

The setup atm is:
I7 - 4770K 

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

and since icant use the Nvidia unriad, i saw that you could dl Beta 35 of 6.9 and also install the "nvidia" driver from CA, (i have done both)

I have ticked the "tick" in plex aswell, I have added GUID for the GPU in the Docker container for plex.

But as far as I can see i punish my CPU and not my GPU.

Any1 have a guide on how to solve this?

1 hour ago, Blackrazid said:

So i have a question

since i cant download Nvidia Unraid anymore (as of yesterday i cant find it anywhere do dl, espically not from the community applications), I have issues getting hardware transcoding to work with plex.

The setup atm is:
I7 - 4770K 

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

and since icant use the Nvidia unriad, i saw that you could dl Beta 35 of 6.9 and also install the "nvidia" driver from CA, (i have done both)

I have ticked the "tick" in plex aswell, I have added GUID for the GPU in the Docker container for plex.

But as far as I can see i punish my CPU and not my GPU.

Any1 have a guide on how to solve this?

What does your Plex Docker setup look like? Did you input the extra parameters?

23 minutes ago, Blackrazid said:

yes mutiple times, its ovbious that i am failing:)

Also using for the "dashboard" gpu staticstics to see if stuffs happens

Can you post screen shots of your Docker container?

Have you previously used this card in a VM?

What Nvidia driver version did you install?

What version of Plex are you on?

When you say “dashboard GPU statistics”, do you mean the Nvidia GPU statistics plugin? Have you tried uninstalling it and trying to transcode?

Hi,

I am having an issue getting Nvidia enc / dec working with the latest Beta.

I am running 6.9.0 beta-35 and the linuxserver.io plex docker. Nvidia driver package is loaded and showing version 455.38 (card is a Quadro P400)

When turning on hardware transcode it bombs with :

An unknown error occurred (4294967283)
Error code: 4294967283

If you click retry sometimes it encodes 5 seconds or so of video and then drops right out!

Doing a "watch nvidia-smi" shows plex firing up the process then it going away!

I have also tried firing up a Jellyfin Docker and hw Transcode is working fine in that!

Any ideas are appreciated!

1 minute ago, garypower said:

Hi,

I am having an issue getting Nvidia enc / dec working with the latest Beta.

I am running 6.9.0 beta-35 and the linuxserver.io plex docker. Nvidia driver package is loaded and showing version 455.38 (card is a Quadro P400)

When turning on hardware transcode it bombs with :

An unknown error occurred (4294967283)
Error code: 4294967283

If you click retry sometimes it encodes 5 seconds or so of video and then drops right out!

Doing a "watch nvidia-smi" shows plex firing up the process then it going away!

I have also tried firing up a Jellyfin Docker and hw Transcode is working fine in that!

Any ideas are appreciated!

Did you make sure to reboot you server after installing Nvidia drivers?