[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

7 minutes ago, LSL1337 said:

I just installed the new 1.21.x version, and HDR to SDR encode works like a charm with hw transcode.

I have a 7700T (Kaby Lake), which supports hevc 10bit encode, decode.

very nice, now remote users can watch HDR content easily. I even found the server side tonemap better, than the one done by PMP on directplay playback on sdr devices (w10).

just my experience, maybe useful for others. I'm still on 6.8.x

Hi thats good to know, did you have to download the extra stuff as I'm running a i5 7400. 

2 hours ago, kennelfort said:

Hey folks.

I've been reading this forum trying to find my specific issue but haven't found it yet.

Hopefully this is a very simple fix.

MY GOAL: I want Lidarr to download into a staging directory so I can review the tagging before I add the music to my collection.

I realize I could just have it stop at the Completed Downloads folder, but that is a separate and useful part of the workflow for me. 

The zzzLIDARR folder is just for tag-checking and fixing. 

I see a lot of folks saying to set up my paths like Radarr or Sonarr. So I tried that:

Here is how my paths are set up in the RADARR Docker page:

image.png.7aaf8e7485bb891c9cece6108f37c0f1.png

And here is how it looks in the Radarr Download Client page:

image.thumb.png.278764d0a8c88bce52755c6a0bce8d39.png

For Lidarr I set the docker page like this:

image.png.97db2165e45bd7f1719246b91034d7d9.png

But when I try to set the download client paths I get this:

image.thumb.png.2cfc50cc280225f7e5ae525342683cf8.png

The only difference is that I'm routing the downloads to a sub-folder. The path does exist as we can see here in Krusader.

image.png.38170251b904b8d942829312cc208ba2.png

What am I doing wrong?

image.png

Why are you posting about lidarr in the Plex support thread?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, coblck said:

So trying to download the dependences for hdr transcoding but getting this error, how can i fix it.

image.png

Assuming those libraries and drivers need to be installed, "sudo" is not needed/supported on unRAID (as the error suggests).

The root user already has elevated privileges and you do not need to run sudo first before the apt install command.

FYI - anything installed in the container this way gets lost when the container is updated.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hoopster said:

Assuming those libraries and drivers need to be installed, "sudo" is not needed/supported on unRAID (as the error suggests).

The root user already has elevated privileges and you do not need to run sudo first before the apt install command.

FYI - anything installed in the container this way gets lost when the container is updated.

You can make a folder called "custom-cont-init.d" in the /config folder location and put a script in there.

It gets executed during start/restart of the container.
This applies to Linuxserver containers only, that I know of.
Read more here, under "Custom Scripts".

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, david279 said:

@Lunks did you check out the dependences part here

https://support.plex.tv/articles/hdr-to-sdr-tone-mapping/

Looks like for intel transcoding some dependences may need to be added for intel. 

I assumed this would be done by the Plex docker, wouldn't it?

Edit: Confirmed they are already installed in the Docker container.

Edited by Lunks
5 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Hi so do we need these drivers if you using a intel kaby lake or later igpu. 

On 11/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Lunks said:

I assumed this would be done by the Plex docker, wouldn't it?

Edit: Confirmed they are already installed in the Docker container.

Hi,

Yes everything seems to be up to date from my side, unraid/container/plex, but surprisingly, intel HW Acceleration for 4K with tone mapping seems to fail. See my post:

5 hours ago, mmz06 said:

Hi,

Yes everything seems to be up to date from my side, unraid/container/plex, but surprisingly, intel HW Acceleration for 4K with tone mapping seems to fail. See my post:

may ahead, didnt work here also before plex updated their dockers, lsio also updated already so make sure your docker is up to date (not only plex by restarting).

and you have a cpu/igpu which is coffeelake ++ ? someone here said he is on kabylake and its working, but plex notes say coffeelake ++

7 hours ago, mmz06 said:

Hi,

Having the same issue here as well on an 15-10400. Everything is up to date, 6.9 beta 35 installed, but hw acceleration fails for 4k with tone mapping with the error "beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware".

17 minutes ago, coblck said:

Running i5 7400 kabylake with intel uhd630 and works great for me 

I'm afraid this is HD630 instead of UHD630 for Kaby Lake:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/97147/intel-core-i5-7400-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-50-ghz.html

It reminds me that it took a long time, like a few months for UH630 to be supported by the i915 driver in Unraid linux Kernel...

3 minutes ago, coblck said:

Works perfect anyway my apologies in misleading 

No worries, at least it works for you, this is quite positive !!! 😃

59 minutes ago, JoshHuman said:

Having the same issue here as well on an 15-10400. Everything is up to date, 6.9 beta 35 installed, but hw acceleration fails for 4k with tone mapping with the error "beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware".

Now at least it's a good start, we have a culprit...

Again, I hope it's just a matter of waiting for the right driver to be available, and thankfully it's not an issue with a kernel one, so fix should come soon...

Thank you for your feedback guys, I appreciate this community. 👍

Google says Beignet is an old open source intel driver (https://github.com/intel/beignet), which supports only iGPU up to Kaby Lake.

And that Intel provides an official one since a few years now called NEO (https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases)....

I tried to remove Beignet and install NEO in the plex container, and now clinfo seems to list my iGPU correctly, but it seems Plex doesn't care about it....

Why as a company would you invest in developing support for a driver which is not supported anymore ? 😥

Replying to myself, as I don't believe I'll be able to find a simple answer.

So I googled a lot to figure that this Beignet driver is actually old and only supports older intel CPU, basically up to 8th gen intel CPU.

Sources available here https://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/, prove that at least an effort has been made 2 years ago to support Intel Coffee Lake CPUs, but only a part of the revisions are available since related to each PCI device ID 🤯.

No luck for me, my PCI device ID (0x3E98) is not listed while many others are....

Apparently at least a few people have been successfully adding their IDs to this driver, as basically, intel UHD630 is just a rebranding of this good old Intel IRIS GT2 if your trust Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Technology#IRIS-PRO), and which should work with this driver.

I even found this step by step guide, but this assumes that you have a 4 years old ubuntu system sleeping somewhere...

But such thing is too far away from my capabilities, especially trying to rebuild an old version full dev and compilation environment, with all the dependencies, ideally directly in the plex container. 😭

So any help would be greatly appreciated...

Or I will wait for plex to provide an update, who knows....

On 11/26/2020 at 5:51 AM, mmz06 said:

Hi,

A couple of updates later and some tweaks on my side like removing chmod this started working. Not sure what fixed it, though, but it's working now!

27 minutes ago, mmz06 said:

What « chmod »?

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Entered in 'go' file as per the linked HW transcoding guide.  It grants read, write and execute rights to all users to everything in /dev/dri

No guarantee that removing that was the fix.

Edited by Hoopster

I'll throw my 2 cents in here too, having same issue since the latest update that includes the tone mapping.  If it's enabled, no hw transcode for anything 4K HDR.  I have an Intel 9900K CPU and am using the linuxserver docker container.

Hopefully someone finds a fix! I posted in the Plex forum too.  For now I've turned off the feature.