[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 11/30/2020 at 6:21 PM, mmz06 said:

I just gave it at try, by removing it, but it doesn't change anything.

I guess Intel gen 9th and 10th have to wait a bit more...

Hey,

I actually found a solution for those who wants to give it a try:

At least it works for me !!!

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, zichichi said:

Unraid 6.9beta35 d introduce i driver amd gpu. Qualcuno è riuscito ad abilitare la transcodifica hardware con amd gpu su docker? Grazie

Plex non supporta la transcodifica hardware con GPU AMD su Linux / Docker. Sono supportate solo GPU Nvidia e iGPU Intel. Su Windows, Plex supporta le GPU AMD.

English: Plex does not support hardware transcoding with AMD GPUs on Linux/Docker.  Only Nvidia GPUs and Intel iGPUs are supported. On Windows, Plex supports AMD GPUs.

• Like 1
Plex non supporta la transcodifica hardware con GPU AMD su Linux / Docker. Sono supportate solo GPU Nvidia e iGPU Intel. Su Windows, Plex supporta le GPU AMD.

English: Plex does not support hardware transcoding with AMD GPUs on Linux/Docker.  Only Nvidia GPUs and Intel iGPUs are supported. On Windows, Plex supports AMD GPUs.

Ok, grazie.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I have upgraded to 6.9.0-rc1 and the new Nvidia drivers to keep hardware transcoding.  For some reason a certain patch doesn't work, but I don't really need more than several streams at once, so no big deal.

However, if I'm transcoding 3 streams, and someone goes to try and use a 4th one, it just constantly buffers / is just a black frame.  Is this expected behavior?  I would imagine Plex would realize that the card is at the transcode limit and fallback to CPU?

Hi @linuxserver.io,

It seems there is an issue regarding the support of 3 last gens of intel CPUs while using this Plex App with HW HDR to SDR tone mapping.

It seems one of your devs created a working solution, creating the OpenCL branch in this container GitHub here:

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex/tree/opencl

Shall I ask you if there is any plan to provide this solution in the main tree, so we can all benefit of it without hack/trick ?

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 3:39 PM, Jase said:

This is cross post from the Plex forum https://forums.plex.tv/t/unraid-4k-playback-broken/643647 as I thought this might be an issue with the server release above 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114.

Server Version#: 6.8.3
Apple TV Player Version#: 7.7

Sadly since Plex Linuxserver version 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 , 4K will no longer playback certain .mkv files. What is confusing is some of the Movies or TV shows encoded with exactly the same .mkv format actually play, but most of them don’t. When monitoring the Plex server dashboard I noticed that when playback is invoked on a Apple TV 4K the server does not pick up that I’m trying to playback anything. On some movies, the dashboard will show ‘buffering’ and not play anything at all.

I’ve tried all the versions after 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 but none of them work after this release. For proper HDR 4K stable and almost instant playback this version works with Direct Play. 

So, I have downgraded to 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 

If anybody out there knows a solution that would be just fantastic!

This issue seems to be fixed with Plex version 1.21.1.3830 

On 10/16/2020 at 3:39 PM, Jase said:

This is cross post from the Plex forum https://forums.plex.tv/t/unraid-4k-playback-broken/643647 as I thought this might be an issue with the server release above 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114.

Server Version#: 6.8.3
Apple TV Player Version#: 7.7

Sadly since Plex Linuxserver version 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 , 4K will no longer playback certain .mkv files. What is confusing is some of the Movies or TV shows encoded with exactly the same .mkv format actually play, but most of them don’t. When monitoring the Plex server dashboard I noticed that when playback is invoked on a Apple TV 4K the server does not pick up that I’m trying to playback anything. On some movies, the dashboard will show ‘buffering’ and not play anything at all.

I’ve tried all the versions after 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 but none of them work after this release. For proper HDR 4K stable and almost instant playback this version works with Direct Play. 

So, I have downgraded to 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896-ls114 

If anybody out there knows a solution that would be just fantastic!

It looks like the Plex dev's have solved this issue. Version 1.21.1.3830 seems to resolve the playback issue. As it turn's out, it was a problem with decoding dolby 7.1 audio. When you switch to 5.1 dolby or stereo dolby with 4K it all worked before this update. Just not with 7.1. 

I'm having issues disabling DLNA and removing mapping to port 1900.

My unraid server is running Plex and Jellyfin, both of which try to bind port 1900 for DLNA. The typical result is that Plex launches and maps the port, but that causes Jellyfin to fail to launch.

I don't actually care about DLNA, so I've tried disabling it in the Plex and Jellyfin interfaces and removing the port mapping from both containers. However, every single time one of the dockers updates, the port 1900 binding reappears. Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

[posted the same question in the Jellyfin thread]