[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

10 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Don’t forget the run command-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564345

You can just copy and paste the text.

Here it is!

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Plex-Media-Server' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-[Claim code redacted]' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/data/media/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'

728c7e77866761a818d19d7b2a29cc6b66500dc165846f499c84e9f87d5f89ff

The command finished successfully!

appdata and system shares still have files on disk1 so you need to fix that.

I suspect your actions may have wound up with a mix of a new appdata and an old appdata for your plex.

Looks like you have CA Backup plugin installed so you should have an appdata backup you could go to.

2 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

Here it is!

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Plex-Media-Server' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-[Claim code redacted]' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/data/media/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'

728c7e77866761a818d19d7b2a29cc6b66500dc165846f499c84e9f87d5f89ff

Please use the correct support thread. You are not using our container.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

appdata and system shares still have files on disk1 so you need to fix that.

I suspect your actions may have wound up with a mix of a new appdata and an old appdata for your plex.

Looks like you have CA Backup plugin installed so you should have an appdata backup you could go to.

Yeah there's a few left (mostly dockers I don't really use) so I'll have to transfer it.

Gotcha, that'd make sense, which is why I saw the 2 different dated libraries within my appdata share.

I do, just ran a backup from a version before I made the edit. Unfortunately no luck, same problem as before. 

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Please use the correct support thread. You are not using our container.

Sorry, I run 2 different templates, here's the correct run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_300'='300' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

711d152c358eeed8ede694a8839db04a14943c6f63b3aef30efd5d74cc1f879c

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
12 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

Sorry, I run 2 different templates, here's the correct run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_300'='300' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

711d152c358eeed8ede694a8839db04a14943c6f63b3aef30efd5d74cc1f879c

You don't see anything wrong with that???

You have no mappings to anything except appdata.

My guess is you reinstalled this plex without using the Previous Apps feature, so you only got the default template for it and then you didn't finish setting it up.

I have been having an issue getting hardware transcoding to work on the linuxserver.io plex media server docker container. I have a Nvidia Quadro P1000 and I have it installed in my unraid server. I pulled down the docker container and made sure to add the --runtime=nvidia to the extra parameters and also downloaded the Nvidia Driver Plugin so that I could copy the GPU id to the Nvidia Visible Devices variable. I'm using v465.19.01 driver. I have set plex up and let it refresh the metadata of the files. I made the changes in the settings to allow allow hardware transcoding and I do have a lifetime plex pass. When I try transcoding the screen will flash a few times then throw this Playback Error: An unknown error occurred (4294967279)
Error code: 4294967279

Looking at the logs it looks like it's having a hard time find the right codec. Other times when I play a movie it will transcode in hardware just fine at full quality. If I try to force it down to a lower level using either the browser or plex desktop app it will not continue playing and it will be just a blank screen. I've noticed however in the plex dashboard it shows the movies as continuing to play at the lower resolution even though the progress is not changing on the client.

Previously I was running the Plex Media Server docker container with intel quicksync for hardware transcoding just fine as I have a plex pass and I was able to pass the correct parameters to their docker container. I was not sure if that container would work with an Nvidia card so that's why I'm using the linuxserver one. Previously I was transcoding to ram by using the host path /tmp mapped to the container path of /transcode. Does linuxserver support transcoding to ram?

Plex Media Server.log

On 4/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, trurl said:

You need to mount the remote share with Unassigned Devices, then map the path Unassigned Devices creates and specify slave mode access.

Thanks ... i've tried that but my 'mount' isnt doing its stuff for some reason ... checked in syslog and just timing out  > 10s! Error connecting to socket???

<update ... fixed>

Edited by superloopy1
18 hours ago, Alex.b said:

Hello I have an error with a serie who try to detect intro, this erros keeps disks spin up for days

image.thumb.png.dfae460222ea38f15ac2c819a6fbc3d7.pngimage.thumb.png.b193df3d6d5d2af40a8b68e79eb8be09.png

image.png.922acdd71018155bfa7a637b2b32dce2.png

image.thumb.png.fcd1266261af09e4ae1d070f494a85df.png

Do you have an idea why ? Thank you !

As usual with Plex codecs errors, deleting the Codecs folder and restarting Plex usually fixes the problem.

Evening all,

Not sure if this issue is localised to me but this evening Plex became suddenly unresponsive. No changes or amendments. Im on unRAID OS 6.9.2. Version tag set to latest.

Normal practice for me is to restart the container.

Safari now complains that the connection to the server was "dropped".

I get this in the log:

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to:
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘downloads.plex.tv’

########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #

# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #

# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #

# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.

Trying to access downloads.plex.tv takes me to a redirect to:

https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

Plex' uptime page shows that all services are running.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this one? Is anyone else having issues?

D

Edited by danioj

yoo,

I have problem starting to watch Plex, whn I try to start a episode, it just says loading at the screen, and I get this in the log:

Jobs: Exec of /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/EasyAudioEncoder-1165-linux-x86_64/EasyAudioEncoder/EasyAudioEncoder failed. (13)

Help?

9 hours ago, coblck said:

Was it working after you updated to 6.9.2 or has it been since you've updated ???

No idea what happened. Had nothing to do with 6.9.2 as it was running fine after the upgrade. Plex just stopped responding and was dropping any connection being made to it. Nothing obvious in the Plex logs either.

Life is too short to troubleshoot sometimes. I just deleted the whole thing, reinstalled, scanned the library again. All is up and working again. Easy.

I seem to recall that sometimes Plex 'Databases'? can get corrupt? Who knows. Anyway, all is well again and family have their tv.

Hey all, I have been having a very odd problem and I cannot seem to find any solution to it.

I have been running a plex container on UnRAId for nearly 2 years. I'm currently running the latest docker image in 6.9.2 but this issue has been happening since before 6.9.0.

I have a P2000 that I use for HW transcoding and 32GB of RAM.

--

Every once in a while (every 24 hours up to just once in 3 weeks), I will receive a message from Uptime Robot that my Plex server is unreachable. I will be unable to access my content and am met with a message explaining that it is unable to connect. None of my libraries will load and I cannot access the server's settings. After some amount of time (1-5 hours) Plex will be available again. Usually, I've restarted the container a few times but I'm not sure if the restart was effective because Plex will still be unavailable for a while after the restart. Occasionally, I'll restart UnRAID which usually seems to fix the problem right away. I can't remember if I've ever NOT restarted the Plex container.

This problem happened this morning and I spent nearly an hour troubleshooting. After nearly 90 minutes, I was suddenly able to access Plex again. I wish that I could be more specific on what fixed it, but I had restarted the container and was typing up this post when it became accessible again.

The only change I've made is changing the Network Type from Bridge to Host (back and forth a few times). I don't really understand what the network type is lol but it was working on Bridge for about a week, then I changed it to Host after it stopped working and now it's working again. Probably a correlation and not causal since the last time it stopped working I changed it from Host back to Bridge and it started working again after some time.

This most recent time, I also changed my Appdata path from /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex. Again, I don't think that this made any difference but if it did then awesome!

--

While watching the Plex console logs, this is what I'll see for the entire time that the server is down:

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

GID/UID

Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.

If I restart the container, then this will be appended after the message above:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

I was having the same problem, albeit at a much higher frequency (every day), with the Binhex-Plexpass container.

While the issue is occurring, I am unable to access Plex from my local IP (192.168.x.x:32400) as the page never loads. However, I am still able to access the GUI via app.plex.tv That's where I encounter the error message that says my Plex is unavailable.

I'm hoping to stop having issues where Plex becomes unavailable and any insight on what I've done wrong or ways to fix this issue is incredibly helpful! I've attached the server logs as well as my docker config info. There are a few unmapped paths (/movies, /tv, /music) which reappear after re-pulling the docker but all of my libraries are accessible.

plex-config-1.png

plex-config-2.png

Plex Media Server Logs_2021-04-13_08-41-03.zip

On 4/5/2021 at 12:25 AM, frodr said:

I was running the commands:

findmnt -l | grep noexec
mount | grep noexec

Innside the docker, many listings with "no exec". Trying to remove them with:

mount -o remount,rw,exec / : -> access denied?

Happy for any help. I totally useless in CLI.

Cheers,

11 hours ago, dapiedude said:

This problem happened this morning and I spent nearly an hour troubleshooting.

This problem is happening again. It started while I was watching some TV. Now my console logs are just repeating the "Starting Plex Media Player" message after I restarted the container.

Console messages below:

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/
GID/UID
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.

EDIT:

It looks like the database is corrupt:

Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.310 [0x152f62038700] INFO - Plex Media Scanner v1.22.2.4282-a97b03fad - Docker Docker Container (LinuxServer.>
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.310 [0x152f62038700] INFO - Linux version: 5.10.28-Unraid, language: en-US
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.310 [0x152f62038700] INFO - Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.310 [0x152f62038700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Scanner --scan --refresh --section 2 --activi>
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.315 [0x152f62527780] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.>
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.316 [0x152f62527780] INFO - SQLITE3:(nil), 283, recovered 5 frames from WAL file /config/Library/Application >
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.316 [0x152f62527780] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database corruption at line 66053 of [bf8c1b2b7a]
Apr 13, 2021 19:44:58.316 [0x152f62527780] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 11, database disk image is malformed in "PRAGMA cache_size=2000"

I'm PUMPED to have a direction to go! lol Any advice on the best way to fix this issue? I just saw the official Plex documentation on potentially fixing this issue but it's from 2019 and I'm not sure if that's still up to date.

Edited by dapiedude
additional information highly relevant to solving my issue
On 4/2/2021 at 9:59 AM, raujaku said:

Your right, after going past version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd I can no longer transcode 4k HDR.

This is on a server using a w1290-P.

Same thing happening here.  Quick Sync HW transcode has stopped working on 4k HDR when Tone Mapping is enabled.  I can HW transcode 4K and 1080p without issue, but HDR transcode (tone mapping) has stopped working.  Disabling Tone Mapping in Plex settings fixes the issue.  

I am on Unraid v6.9.2, v1.22.2.4282 of Plex and using an i7 10700k CPU.

I have this in the Plex container log at startup...not sure if it's related:

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/opencl/debian/plexmediaserver_opencl_amd64.deb:
2021-04-14 11:09:21 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Edited by Andiroo2
Added Unraid version
On 4/2/2021 at 12:39 AM, raujaku said:

Don't know if this has been mentions yet but, quicksync stops working after version 1.22.0.4163. I tested this across multiple containers, each with the same results.

On my system, HW transcode only breaks for tone mapping enabled 4K HDR files.  Can you check on your end too?  Is HW transcode working for other file types?

So i wonder if i still need to install nvidia-driver docker with the latest unraid and nvidia plugin?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-a7a8907c-62bf-f2cc-595c-29393a8fd07f' -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim--ID' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -p '32400:32400/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/Archiv/':'/Archiv/':'rw' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/mount_unionfs/google_vfs/':'/cloud/':'rw,slave' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped --runtime=nvidia --network=filesharing -e ADVERTISE_IP="http://dns.com:32400/" -e ALLOWED_NETWORKS="192.168.86.0/24" 'linuxserver/plex'

doesnt seem to want to transcode. Its using VAAPI, one time i saw a transcode via nvidia-smi (inside docker container)

Is there a safe way to test it? and would it 100% use gpu over cpu? Currently i just go to play a file and then select 1080 or 720 or something to make it transcode

Edited by nuhll