[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 4/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, Andiroo2 said:

On my system, HW transcode only breaks for tone mapping enabled 4K HDR files.  Can you check on your end too?  Is HW transcode working for other file types?

HW will work without tone mapping but what's the point lol? I'm currently on a version plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. The newest plex update had broken HW transcoding for comet and rocket lake cpus.

Edited by raujaku
On 4/14/2021 at 4:03 PM, Andiroo2 said:

Same thing happening here.  Quick Sync HW transcode has stopped working on 4k HDR when Tone Mapping is enabled.  I can HW transcode 4K and 1080p without issue, but HDR transcode (tone mapping) has stopped working.  Disabling Tone Mapping in Plex settings fixes the issue.  

I am on Unraid v6.9.2, v1.22.2.4282 of Plex and using an i7 10700k CPU.

I have this in the Plex container log at startup...not sure if it's related:

https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/opencl/debian/plexmediaserver_opencl_amd64.deb:
2021-04-14 11:09:21 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I rolled back to v1.21.3.4046 and HW tone mapping transcode is working again  

EDIT: ...and now I've got audio sync issues again on ATV4K.  Gonna have to play with some newer versions tomorrow.

Edited by Andiroo2
On 4/16/2021 at 9:49 PM, raujaku said:

HW will work without tone mapping but what's the point lol? I'm currently on a version plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. The newest plex update had broken HW transcoding for comet and rocket lake cpus.

Yep, I agree.  I was checking to see if you were experiencing the same issue as I was. 

I rolled back to docker tag linuxserver/plex:1.21.3.4046-3c1c83ba4-ls27 and I have HW transcode back for now.

EDIT: I upped this to linuxserver/plex:1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd-ls34 docker (v1.22.0.4163 per recommendation from the Plex forum thread on this issue: https://forums.plex.tv/t/4k-hdr-hevc-hw-transcoding-is-broken-on-i5-11600k-rocket-lake/707057/29)

Hoping it fixes the audio sync issue I started to notice on the older version I tried first (v1.21.3.4046).

Edited by Andiroo2

I just upgraded my plex docker to the latest version, and I discovered the following.

that remote access is no longer working that when I go in to have a look it has the right external IP address, but the word internet is greyed out and I have a red cross.

I have rechecked all my settings and all looks right.

image.png.28c398290040c30140d6f4b616e5f420.png

Update:

I have just rolled back and I am still getting the same issue:

linuxserver/plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd

it looks like it connect's and then loss the connection.  I have attach my log files in the hope someone can help me.

Plex Media Server Logs.zip

Edited by chris_netsmart

I had a problem after a power outage, my Plex docker would not start then it disappeared.

I tried to redownload the Plex docker. But then it started as a fresh plex docker.

So I tried CA Appdata restore. Everything seemingly worked, but it seems Plex cant reach the “old plex server and library” only the new instance from when I redownloaded the docker.
Adding a picture of what I am seeing.

unraid plex.jpg

Edited by chFresh
2 hours ago, Squid said:

To rule it all out, have you checked your port forwarding in the router?

OK I see the problem I was getting my VPN IP Address and not my ISP external IP address.

I found the course - it was my kill switch within PFSENSE that was the problem, I had it before my plex Alias

image.png.83330c09f4b14c24cadf585586bcb3fc.png

all ways the little things

Edited by chris_netsmart

So have been having an issue, when I have been downloading with NZBget, and it moves to my media share, Plex will freeze trying to scan files. I have to restart Plex to get it to load new files, and run ok. If I stop NZBget, Plex will run ok for about an hour, then freeze again.

It causes issues watching things on the same network, and also people remotely can struggle to even see the content.

Log file attached

Plex Log.txt

Help on rolling back to an earlier version.

Just realized the latest version of Plex is incompatible with ME !!   I hate the combined "Continue Watching" and "On Deck" hubs, for me this is a deal breaker.  Besides all the other small details with not being able to customize the Home Screen any longer.

Is there a way to roll back versions on the docker?  I see in the setup there is a "version" key that states "docker".  If I can roll back, would this be where the old version would be put?  What are the older versions? Is there a list?

Sorry for so many questions, as a Lifetime Plex subscriber, I've about had it.  Just not working for me anymore, unless I can roll back.

Thanks

-Keelhaulers

Edited by Keelhaulers
12 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC you should be able to use these tags- https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex/tags

Thank you for the list - much appreciated.  

I'm doing something wrong it would seem though. 

1) I've deleted my plex docker completely

2) Reinstalled docker while plugging in the tag for the version I want into the VERSION configuration

but this method still installs the latest, not really sure how to actually accomplish this.  Looking for some further advice, thank you all.

11 minutes ago, Keelhaulers said:

Thank you for the list - much appreciated.  

I'm doing something wrong it would seem though. 

1) I've deleted my plex docker completely

2) Reinstalled docker while plugging in the tag for the version I want into the VERSION configuration

but this method still installs the latest, not really sure how to actually accomplish this.  Looking for some further advice, thank you all.

per the help menu-
Add the version number to the repository field in the format linuxserver/plex:<version number>

29 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

So, Plex is removing the ability to customize the home menu?

Yes, server side settings now vice Client side.  Which could be good, but they made some changes that don’t work for my viewing pleasure.  Mainly the combining of “Continue Watching” and “On Deck” into one row hub. It doesn’t work for me as I usually have 30+ items that I’m viewing and scrolling for 2 minutes through this looking for what I want doesn’t work for me. 

There are other changes as well, like if you have TV/DVR setup and have it pinned on the left, you can not get rid of the “what’s on” and “Recent channels” hubs. 

again, all of this may be ok for a lot of users, it just isnt for my needs. 

-Keelhaulers

Edited by Keelhaulers

Suddenly getting "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install." when trying to play media.

This warning appears in the plex console when playing fails:

[Transcode] HTTP error requesting GET https://plex.tv/api/codecs/h264_decoder?build=linux-x86_64-standard&deviceId=cfb78a4e-ef5f-4d89-8c6c-ecb622afcfa9&oldestPreviousVersion=1%2E2%2E7%2E2987-1bef33a&version=fa235d6-3855 (6, Couldn't resolve host name) (Could not resolve host: plex.tv)

I've tried deleting the codecs folder, and also chmod'ing it to 777 but still get the error.

Edit: Changing VERSION from plexpass to public has resolved this behavior. 

Edited by adammerkley
Found a workaround.

I'm experiencing a minor issue/inconvenience on a consistent basis.  Any time my container is restarted, my Settings > Remote Access configuration is unchecking the 'Manually specify public port' setting, which prompts the screen to indicate that my server is not accessible remotely.  I can recheck the box, and press apply, and I then get the green 'Fully accessible outside your network' message again.  So far, this has not actually impacted the ability of my users to access, despite the message, but it is annoying to have to keep turning it back on again.  I also fear that if my firewall states get cleared during that period it WILL cause issues.  Any idea why this setting does not persist through a restart? 

I've tried searching for similar cases but haven't had much luck.  Of course, if I switch to UPnP this is a non-issue, but I'm keen to keep this disabled on my firewall for obvious security concerns.

Hi all,

Last year we, the LG TV owners, ran into an issue with playback while transcoding with subtitles. There were extreme buffer issues, the only option for a while was running an old server version (1.16.x or older).

Earlier this year the issue was solved.

Today I noticed that the issue might have returned in a worse way. Playing a 1080p h264 file @ direct play just froze a couple of minutes into the movie. Forcing transcode didn't change a thing. Upgrading to 4K HDR made things worse.

After downgrading the docker image from 1.22.3.4392 to 1.22.2.4282 the issue cleared. 4K HDR h265 playback with subs was smooth as butter.

Could it be something went wrong (failed line of text or so) while compiling a docker image?

I'm running unraid 3.9.2

Currently plex 1.22.2.4282

transcoding is handled by Quadro M4000

Edited by XisoP
6 hours ago, XisoP said:

Hi all,

Last year we, the LG TV owners, ran into an issue with playback while transcoding with subtitles. There were extreme buffer issues, the only option for a while was running an old server version (1.16.x or older).

Earlier this year the issue was solved.

Today I noticed that the issue might have returned in a worse way. Playing a 1080p h264 file @ direct play just froze a couple of minutes into the movie. Forcing transcode didn't change a thing. Upgrading to 4K HDR made things worse.

After downgrading the docker image from 1.22.3.4392 to 1.22.2.4282 the issue cleared. 4K HDR h265 playback with subs was smooth as butter.

Could it be something went wrong (failed line of text or so) while compiling a docker image?

I'm running unraid 3.9.2

Currently plex 1.22.2.4282

transcoding is handled by Quadro M4000

Plex currently has issues with HW decoding, especially with HDR (their forums are full with it). They are aware and working on it. But nothing that can be done on the docker, Plex has to solve it. Rolling back to older versions like you did, often solves it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kaizac said:

Plex currently has issues with HW decoding, especially with HDR (their forums are full with it). They are aware and working on it. But nothing that can be done on the docker, Plex has to solve it. Rolling back to older versions like you did, often solves it.

Let's hope they fix it a bit faster than last time. Took them about a year 😒