GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.15.0.573
https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server/1.15.0.573/plexmediaserver_1.15.0.573_amd64.deb:
2019-01-23 12:37:34 ERROR 404: Not Found.

########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #
# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #
# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #
# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################

Looks like its not finding it or not available.

The version parameter is set to 1.15.0.573-123756e9a

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is not your docker run command. First link in the Docker FAQ:

Stopping container: plex

Successfully stopped container 'plex'

Removing container: plex

Successfully removed container 'plex'

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='1.15.0.573-123756e9a' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/':'/config':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Downloads/':'/Media/DOWNLOADS':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Videos/':'/Media/VIDEOS':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Music/':'/Media/MUSIC':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/plex/transcode/':'/transcode':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex' 

0fe4e48010b1c343af7d426f09e0f8f42904612f16d7fd7de9c930e731d8b97e

The command finished successfully!

1864a746a5eb3a58452aa94fe4e04cda.jpg

11 hours ago, bally12345 said:

The docker image doesn't support alpha or preview images, only stable and plexpass

The docker image doesn't support alpha or preview images, only stable and plexpass

What's the difference between plexpass version?

I thought it was just latest variable in version only and plexpass didn't do anything after Plex requested it stopped being used?

That release I linked was post just over a week ago so hopefully a new stable release will come soon and my cpu usgae drops

1 hour ago, bally12345 said:

What's the difference between plexpass version?

I thought it was just latest variable in version only and plexpass didn't do anything after Plex requested it stopped being used?

That release I linked was post just over a week ago so hopefully a new stable release will come soon and my cpu usgae drops

No, what I mean is, the docker image is only able to pull either the stable (public) releases or plexpass versions.

Go to the Plex website, hit download and you'll see a toggle switch for plexpass. With it on and off, you'll see two versions listed. Those are the latest versions this image supports. Not ones that are posted on the forums.

I do see a new setting in the PMS network settings. It's called "Prefered network interface". In the dropdown list there are the following entries:

- All
- docker0 (172.17.0.1)
- eth0 (192.168.178.35)

What do I need to set there? Default seems to be "All".

Thanks in advance.

Honestly. What I have on mine is set to all and my plex docker is using the host network. After that should work

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, my Plex Docker is still working too with 'All'. I'm simply curious what this setting should do in a dockerized environment.

Well I'm assuming it limits the access for the different networks or VLANS. Maybe in the plex forum you will find a definition for that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gacpac said:

I'm wondering. Maybe I'm crazy, but I found incoming connections to my plex server. 

I have tracked them down and they seem to be from Ireland. Is that okayy?? 

image.png.6d4431dc0549ef7a91dea01fead5e662.png

And I already checked and there's nobody playing in my server

Ask on the Plex forums. It could be a Plex server but only they would know

• Like 1

I just had to swap a drive on unRAID and am seeing a weird issue with Plex. I am running the latest unRAID and PLEX docker. 

I typically use a Shield TV Client but am seeing the issue on web browsers and Plex Media player too. 

A small number of TV shows will no longer play - when I start them - they just spin - nothing plays. 

The same shows play fine on KODI. 

Any ideas on what could be wrong or how I can debug to narrow down the issue? Thanks!

I have a question about changing from Needoplex:latest to Linuxserver's or binhex's repositories.  It took a very long time to setup my Plex Server (still w/o PlexPass) and get it to work on my UnRaid Server.  If I change to the other repositories, will that mess up my links and access?  CA Fix Common Problems recommends this change but I'm not sure of the effect.

Suggestions/thoughts welcomed.  Thanks

2 hours ago, Archivist said:

I have a question about changing from Needoplex:latest to Linuxserver's or binhex's repositories.  It took a very long time to setup my Plex Server (still w/o PlexPass) and get it to work on my UnRaid Server.  If I change to the other repositories, will that mess up my links and access?  CA Fix Common Problems recommends this change but I'm not sure of the effect.

Suggestions/thoughts welcomed.  Thanks

Backup your plex appdata just in case. Then just change the repository to linuxserver.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, TexasDave said:

I just had to swap a drive on unRAID and am seeing a weird issue with Plex. I am running the latest unRAID and PLEX docker. 

I typically use a Shield TV Client but am seeing the issue on web browsers and Plex Media player too. 

A small number of TV shows will no longer play - when I start them - they just spin - nothing plays. 

The same shows play fine on KODI. 

Any ideas on what could be wrong or how I can debug to narrow down the issue? Thanks!

I’m experiencing a similar issue.  On all of my clients (chromecast, iOS, and tv app) a certain number of shows will no longer play successfully. I’m most cases, I’ll get 5-10 minutes in until the stream hangs up and acts like it’s buffering (even on direct stream) and never successfully resumes. No warning about server or connection speed. No eventual time-out. 

I’ve read a recommendation that one should explicitly specify a transcode dir on the cache, but it’s been my understanding that plex automatically transcodes on the cache if the app and sys shares are cache only. Also, linuxserver’s repo doesn’t provide a path for a /transcode dir. 

4 hours ago, ImBadAtThis said:

I’m experiencing a similar issue.  On all of my clients (chromecast, iOS, and tv app) a certain number of shows will no longer play successfully. I’m most cases, I’ll get 5-10 minutes in until the stream hangs up and acts like it’s buffering (even on direct stream) and never successfully resumes. No warning about server or connection speed. No eventual time-out. 

I’ve read a recommendation that one should explicitly specify a transcode dir on the cache, but it’s been my understanding that plex automatically transcodes on the cache if the app and sys shares are cache only. Also, linuxserver’s repo doesn’t provide a path for a /transcode dir. 

You set the transcode location in Plex gui settings

it’s been my understanding that plex automatically transcodes on the cache if the app and sys shares are cache only

True, if your appdata share is on cache and you specify no other transcode location, Plex will automaticaly transcode in a specific folder in the Plex Library/Application Support/... path.

Also, linuxserver’s repo doesn’t provide a path for a /transcode dir.

You can create any volume mapping you want in the docker.  I have a container path of /transcode mapped to /tmp on the host which is RAM.

/transcode (or whatever your container path is) is specified in Plex as the Transcoder temporary directory.

Hi All

I am running the latest Linux Plex docker on the new UNRAID RC 6.7.0-rc2 2019-01-24

And I have moved my Plex data to UNRAID from my Synology (Following the normal guide)

One thing that is really strange is that all the SMB shares that I have mounted in UNRAID is working!

But I can NOT browse the shares and select the correct folder? (I saw the same problem in a early SMB setup on my Shield TV)

So to illustrate my problem adding the share on Plex I get this:

image.png.f020326fef2d17b68519c06f9341bf93.png

The mount is: image.png.a78e3a25ac7a473d7542ecb5010ac5e7.png

So I have to add the "!New" like this

image.png.f3b14bd56d0dd0db11a5820ad2d9680b.png

Any input to why I cant browse the shares in Plex through UNRAID Docker?

I have changed the SMB shares to: RW/Slave and I can actual browse the folder in docker setup!?

image.png.7442522afb8c6c3371f51acb4433afda.png

As always your feedback is much appreciated! ;-)

image.png

Edited by casperse
52 minutes ago, casperse said:

Hi All

I am running the latest Linux Plex docker on the new UNRAID RC 6.7.0-rc2 2019-01-24

And I have moved my Plex data to UNRAID from my Synology (Following the normal guide)

One thing that is really strange is that all the SMB shares that I have mounted in UNRAID is working!

But I can NOT browse the shares and select the correct folder? (I saw the same problem in a early SMB setup on my Shield TV)

So to illustrate my problem adding the share on Plex I get this:

image.png.f020326fef2d17b68519c06f9341bf93.png

The mount is: image.png.a78e3a25ac7a473d7542ecb5010ac5e7.png

So I have to add the "!New" like this

image.png.f3b14bd56d0dd0db11a5820ad2d9680b.png

Any input to why I cant browse the shares in Plex through UNRAID Docker?

I have changed the SMB shares to: RW/Slave and I can actual browse the folder in docker setup!?

image.png.7442522afb8c6c3371f51acb4433afda.png

As always your feedback is much appreciated! ;-)

image.png

Have you mapped that location to a docker mount like

/tv or /movies or /remote mount

Post your docker run command