linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

3190 posts in this topic Last Reply

hmm… interesting. i don't think that any kind of sanity checks are done from either the docker engine or unRAID itself, before they kill that running container. so probably we could just let sit the container a bit for itself (after any action that does update on disk contant – appdata, etc.), before giving the restart, stop, etc. command.

When you stop a container its like pushing the power button and all the appropriate things will happen.

ok, assumed, you pressed the power button not for too long!  ;)

so i can be calm about it and believe, that a clear shutdown-sequence is initiated – but, because of super small system & resources used by the container it will be a very fast shutdown.

so, for my other question on which linux distro and plex built you settled?

thx.

ok, assumed, you pressed the power button not for too long!  ;)

so i can be calm about it and believe, that a clear shutdown-sequence is initiated – but, because of super small system & resources used by the container it will be a very fast shutdown.

so, for my other question on which linux distro and plex built you settled?

thx.

It's builder on top of Ubuntu and we use the plex bins provided by plex them self :)

thx. alot for all your work/time provided!

ahh, just one more question: which (plex-server)-release steps are considered an update (with notification in the gui)?

I am having a problem transcoding. It seems i am running out of space according to the log. Some bigger mkv will not even start because of this, whereas some time ago they worked. I am transcoding in ram, /transcode => /tmp Still have plenty of ram to go about, this did not change. I did see in the log that the docker chowns /transcode from root:root to abc:abc during startup. Could this be the evil? I am on the latest plexpass version.

If you are using latest version (0.9.14.2) there is a (known) problem with transcoding. I did revert to 0.9.12.19 to get it working.

Thanks for the quick heads up... Also reverted back to 0.9.12.19 and all is well again... Any pinpoint whether plex will fix it any time soon?

They have acknowledged the problem and promised to jump into it straight away. I got the feeling that when they looked at some logs from a user they understood what was going on. Has something to do with the implementation of the new transcoder.

Plex is not playing anything anymore and unsure where to start my troubleshooting. Here on the site of plex support forums.  This all happened when i tried to upgrade to the newest unraid version.  My reboot got hung up and it last a few hours, the drives wouldn't unmount.  I did a hard reboot and plex doesn't work anymore but i have the upgrade to the newest unraid version and even put a new plex docker build.

Plex is not playing anything anymore and unsure where to start my troubleshooting. Here on the site of plex support forums.  This all happened when i tried to upgrade to the newest unraid version.  My reboot got hung up and it last a few hours, the drives wouldn't unmount.  I did a hard reboot and plex doesn't work anymore but i have the upgrade to the newest unraid version and even put a new plex docker build.

Have a look a couple of posts back pls.

I'm curious if it would be possible to create a version of the plex container with this included:

https://github.com/wnielson/Plex-Remote-Transcoder

Would love to be able to utilize some of my other boxes.

lonix: any chance you plan on implementing this anytime soon. Maybe it warrants a separate docker image? I'm considering taking a look but if you're planning in it I may wait for your solution.

I'm curious if it would be possible to create a version of the plex container with this included:

https://github.com/wnielson/Plex-Remote-Transcoder

Would love to be able to utilize some of my other boxes.

lonix: any chance you plan on implementing this anytime soon. Maybe it warrants a separate docker image? I'm considering taking a look but if you're planning in it I may wait for your solution.

Feel free to join our irc channel to discuss and potentially make a branch with me. But I'm abit uncomfortable promising anything with  a fragile product like this.

Wow, am I grateful for this thread. I was convinced for a moment that my files had been corrupted somehow. Of course it was easy to figure out that was not the case. Simply removing plexpass from the variable value for the "VERSION" variable line and I am back in business. Dockers are the best! Thank you for your dockers.

Wow, am I grateful for this thread. I was convinced for a moment that my files had been corrupted somehow. Of course it was easy to figure out that was not the case. Simply removing plexpass from the variable value for the "VERSION" variable line and I am back in business. Dockers are the best! Thank you for your dockers.

your welcome

If you are using latest version (0.9.14.2) there is a (known) problem with transcoding. I did revert to 0.9.12.19 to get it working.

New release 0.9.14.3 for Plexpass users is available.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but here is my situation. I'm moving from needo to this one and I can't seem to add the server when I hit the plexui. could you point me into the right direction.  :'(

I did the same some time ago. I believe I kept exactly the same settings for the container as I had previously and everything was where I left it when I started again. Have you stopped the Needo container? Do you get the Plex WEB gui?

Thanks Leifgg for replying. I am be able to get to webui. The only thing i saw there was my friend's server on the left side. There isn't a button to add new server since i'm starting all over.

Not sure I understand… The WebUI is your server. Don’t you see your media and the same name for Plex as you hade before?

Edit: Wait, I am probably mistaken, sorry! You probably need to go to settings in the WebUI and select Server and make the settings there same as you hade before.

that is correct. server tab is missing but i think i got it to work now.

i've deleted needo and linuxserver.io plex container and image, rebooted the server, then reinstall. the server tab. (which i did multiple times). it started to work when i replaced the new preferences.xml file with my old one.

Thanks leifgg for you efforts.  ;D