Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4217 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 8/12/2015 at 8:13 AM, linuxserver.io said:

Edit your go file and add modprobe i915 to it, save and reboot.

Hi all, where is the go file?

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, itlists said:

Hi all, where is the go file?

 

On your USB flash drive in the /config folder.

Share this post


Link to post

Can't say this has ever happened to me before with any docker. Updated this docker and later flipped back to my docker page only to find Plex gone?? How should I proceed?  

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, deteria said:

Updated this today and Plex disappeared from my Docker...

So I'm not the only one...

Share this post


Link to post

Running this docker currently on 6.7.0

 

I've been having recent issues with Plex recognizing that new files have been added to the library.  I have Plex set to "Scan my Library Automatically" but this has become hit or miss over the last week or so, and now it seems broken as I have had to force a library scan the last couple of days in order to get content added.  I have even changed my setting for "Library scan interval" from daily (at night when the maintenance tasks run) to every 15 minutes, and that seems to be broken.

 

Today I look in the Plex docker logs and I find a bunch of this:

 

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.

Is this causing the problem?  Is this related to the apparent issues with 6.7.x?

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ps2sunvalley said:

Running this docker currently on 6.7.0

 

I've been having recent issues with Plex recognizing that new files have been added to the library.  I have Plex set to "Scan my Library Automatically" but this has become hit or miss over the last week or so, and now it seems broken as I have had to force a library scan the last couple of days in order to get content added.  I have even changed my setting for "Library scan interval" from daily (at night when the maintenance tasks run) to every 15 minutes, and that seems to be broken.

 

Today I look in the Plex docker logs and I find a bunch of this:

 


Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.

Is this causing the problem?  Is this related to the apparent issues with 6.7.x?

Move the config folder to /mnt/cache or /mnt/diskX if it's not there already

Share this post


Link to post

I have updated the docker, and somehow it failed in the middle of the process because docker isn't able to kill the container. The icon was there before

image.png.a75abadf6195485960ac1bcee2565b9f.png

 

I can't stop the container manually

 

I can't delete the container

image.png.95e9c1533fd6581ad491241d9f3daaaa.png

This is the log

e":"can not get logs from container which is dead or marked for removal"}

 

If I stop the docker service it doesn't work because docker service can kill this container so the service can stop.

 

What can I do?

unraid-diagnostics-20190628-0757.zip

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve updated to 6.7.0 and have been running it for a week roughly. Ended up restarting my plex docker and it will now now start....

 

logs say starting plex media server over and over as in the attached screen shot any ideas??

ED9A4037-0554-4907-A8DF-D2E903E64C26.png

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, ayrtoo said:

I’ve updated to 6.7.0 and have been running it for a week roughly. Ended up restarting my plex docker and it will now now start....

 

logs say starting plex media server over and over as in the attached screen shot any ideas??

ED9A4037-0554-4907-A8DF-D2E903E64C26.png

My guess is your appdata is on /mnt/user?

Change it to /mnt/cache or /mnt/diskX if you don't have a cache disk.

If that doesn't work, your database is corrupt.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, aptalca said:

Move the config folder to /mnt/cache or /mnt/diskX if it's not there already

I tried that, and in the logs when the container restarted it just gets caught in a crash loop.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all, I can't seem to get quick sync to work.

 

I have activated iGPU in my bios

I have added modprobe 915 in my go file

ls /dev/dri show: by-path/  card0  card1  renderD128  renderD129

I have added --device=/dev/dri to my extra settings

I have enabled hw encoding in plex settings

I have plex pass

 

Still hw wont show up in my plex dashboard. I have no problem getting it to transcode with nvenc from my GTX1660.

 

unRaid Nvidia 6.7.2

i5-8400

32GB RAM

Gigabyte Z370P D3, latest BIOS

 

Any ideas?

Edited by niXta-
corrections.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2019 at 2:10 PM, ps2sunvalley said:

I tried that, and in the logs when the container restarted it just gets caught in a crash loop.

Your db was likely already corrupted before the switch. Google how to restore Plex db

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, switch said:

Fresh install. Thanks for the tip with downgrading will consider that. Any chance to figure out what was changed in 6.7.0 over 6.6.7 that b0rked the HW transcoding? I'm guessing maybe the i915 driver? Would it maybe be possible to just downgrade the kernel/driver?

 

EDIT: just downgraded to unRAID 6.6.7 and indeed HW transcoding now works without a hitch. Time to report a bug to unRAID devs I guess? :)

This is also affected me with a Asrock J4105.

 

It used to work, but, I think, stopped with the 6.7.0 update.  It still does not work after updating to 6.7.2.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, richsoft said:

This is also affected me with a Asrock J4105.

 

It used to work, but, I think, stopped with the 6.7.0 update.  It still does not work after updating to 6.7.2.

I've already filed a bugreport with the dev team. If you could do that as well, that would be great. More people affected = bigger chance of a fix :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, switch said:

I've already filed a bugreport with the dev team. If you could do that as well, that would be great. More people affected = bigger chance of a fix :)

Not really a point in creating multiple bug reports for the same issue. Better to post in the same bug report that you also have the issue.

Share this post


Link to post

That would sure be the case if there was a public bugtracker. I'm new to the unRAID world so it's possible that there is one that I'm not aware of, but all I was able to find was the contact form on this page https://unraid.net/contact

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, switch said:

That would sure be the case if there was a public bugtracker. I'm new to the unRAID world so it's possible that there is one that I'm not aware of, but all I was able to find was the contact form on this page https://unraid.net/contact

Bug reports section in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, niXta- said:

Hi all, I can't seem to get quick sync to work.

 

I have activated iGPU in my bios

I have added modprobe 915 in my go file

ls /dev/dri show: by-path/  card0  card1  renderD128  renderD129

I have added --device=/dev/dri to my extra settings

I have enabled hw encoding in plex settings

I have plex pass

 

Still hw wont show up in my plex dashboard. I have no problem getting it to transcode with nvenc from my GTX1660.

 

unRaid Nvidia 6.7.2

i5-8400

32GB RAM

Gigabyte Z370P D3, latest BIOS

 

Any ideas?

I've just downgraded to Nvidia 6.6.7 and have the same (PMS) error: "WARN Failed to find encoder 'h264_qsv'"

Do you have to do anything special when using the Nvidia build and passing the iGPU for containers?

Share this post


Link to post

I updated the docker again via the usual update link and it failed and removed the docker image.  Had to go back to CA Previous Apps to re-install the previous app to install properly.  Anyone else having this issue?

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone have issue which plex doesn't update library for new contain, search is not working and I can not edit information of contain? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hoanh said:

Anyone have issue which plex doesn't update library for new contain, search is not working and I can not edit information of contain? 

How did you set up your libraries?

I used to have that issue where I had to run mover manually since I set up the directory to the disk share.

If you set the directory as a user mount share, it should work.

 

 

Edited by deteria

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.