Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4210 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Shouldn't the link be http://<IP-or-hostname>:34200/web/index.html

Alternatively, click the icon on the docker and select "webGUI".

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JT24 said:

Shouldn't the link be http://<IP-or-hostname>:34200/web/index.html

Alternatively, click the icon on the docker and select "webGUI".

That's the problem. I select webgui from the docker icon and I just get taken to a site with an error "This page isn’t working"

Share this post


Link to post

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc
2019-10-21 21:22:05 URL:https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb [86884196/86884196] -> "/tmp/plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb" [1]
(Reading database ... 10445 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc) over (1.18.0.1944-f2cae8d6b) ...
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.18.1.1973-0f4abfbcc) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

 

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing I can see there that doesn't add up is the Extra Parameters. You've got an extra "/dev/dri"

and

you don't seem to have any mounted directories, but i'm not an expert. Just trying to help.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello, I have a bit of an unusual situation, and hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

 

I was broken into about a month ago, and my HTPC was stolen. Just yesterday, I noticed that the HTPC had recorded a login to the plex server. They didn't play anything, so I can't find an IP on tautulli, but I assume the IP of the session must have been recorded somewhere. Is there any way to retrieve the IP used to access my server from either Docker's or Plex's logs?

 

I'm not sure where to begin looking, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, 

 

I recently upgraded my hardware from an i5 4th gen to an i5 6th gen, and downgraded from 16gb to 8gb. Didn't need much. 

 

I started getting this errors in my plex logs also I stopped seeing the server i have to restart the container often. I'm not if it's related but all I'm getting is this error

 

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290854758/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.4.0-1/plex/stable/package/9e07aef203e7a776d49230f7e190457a5658b628/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, gacpac said:

Hi, 

 

I recently upgraded my hardware from an i5 4th gen to an i5 6th gen, and downgraded from 16gb to 8gb. Didn't need much. 

 

I started getting this errors in my plex logs also I stopped seeing the server i have to restart the container often. I'm not if it's related but all I'm getting is this error

 

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290854758/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.4.0-1/plex/stable/package/9e07aef203e7a776d49230f7e190457a5658b628/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

FYI I'm running the latest stable release Version 1.18.0.1944 and using HW transcoding.

 

I had a i5-4570 and now I have i5-6400

 

Share this post


Link to post
Apart from error doesn't transcode ok thinking of very similar upgrade 
I like it so far. I needed some space to grow and is always good to upgrade, better graphic support with Quicksync, so they say at Intel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

You'll get much better transcode capabilities with new chip h265 decode for a start 

Edited by coblck

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, gacpac said:

Hi, 

 

I recently upgraded my hardware from an i5 4th gen to an i5 6th gen, and downgraded from 16gb to 8gb. Didn't need much. 

 

I started getting this errors in my plex logs also I stopped seeing the server i have to restart the container often. I'm not if it's related but all I'm getting is this error

 

failed to open /data/jenkins/conan_build/290854758/conan/.conan/data/libva/2.4.0-1/plex/stable/package/9e07aef203e7a776d49230f7e190457a5658b628/lib/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so

That's a Plex issue as it's related to libs they package with their binary. You should ask on their forum.

Share this post


Link to post
That's a Plex issue as it's related to libs they package with their binary. You should ask on their forum.
Okay thanks for the help

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if this one does h265. I also have a bottle neck in my player because I have an old nexus player, that doesn't support it lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Hey LinuxServer team, did you see this vulnerability:

 

https://nextcloud.com/blog/urgent-security-issue-in-nginx-php-fpm/

 

pretty sure it impact multiple of your dockers?

Of all the containers we have, you managed to post it in a thread for one that doesn't use nginx and php-fpm 🙂

We are aware of the issue and it the pacakges will be updated when alpine updates them.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, saarg said:

Of all the containers we have, you managed to post it in a thread for one that doesn't use nginx and php-fpm 🙂

We are aware of the issue and it the pacakges will be updated when alpine updates them.

Lol just realized now I was in the Plex thread 🤪. Good that you know about the security flaw, I suppose we’ll see update to all your dockers that have nginx Pretty quickly?

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Lol just realized now I was in the Plex thread 🤪. Good that you know about the security flaw, I suppose we’ll see update to all your dockers that have nginx Pretty quickly?

When alpine/ubuntu release an update, it will be picked up by our build system and builds a new container.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I'd like to back-up my Plex data since I've spent so much time organizing and adding custom posters, names etc. What options do I have for this? I already have "Backup/Restore Appdata" running every night but where would I find the folder with the posters, thumbnails, naming etc?

 

I'm not talking about the movie / TV files. Just the artwork, posters, namings, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, adminmat said:

Hi, I'd like to back-up my Plex data since I've spent so much time organizing and adding custom posters, names etc. What options do I have for this? I already have "Backup/Restore Appdata" running every night but where would I find the folder with the posters, thumbnails, naming etc?

 

I'm not talking about the movie / TV files. Just the artwork, posters, namings, etc. 

 

I picked this up from somebody on this forum so if I find out who I will give credit but this is what I run in user scripts on Monthly schedule.  It zips my plex directory minus the cache folder then deletes any existing backups older than 45 days from my Backup share.

 

#!/bin/bash
zip -rq /mnt/user/Backup/PlexZip/$(date +\%Y-\%m-\%d-\%H-\%M).zip /mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/ -x "/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/*"
find /mnt/user/Backup/PlexZip/ -mindepth 1 -mtime +45 -delete

Edited by B_Sinn3d

Share this post


Link to post

I run backup/restore once a week and all my meta data from plex is automatically backed up to the folder selected within the plugin 

Share this post


Link to post

Dammit, it's happened again.

Overnight something must've happened.

 

This morning, I woke to this....

Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting Plex Media Server.

 

Last time this occurred, I changed the app data folder to a specific drive.       /mnt/disk1/appdata/plex

 

Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, coblck said:

I run backup/restore once a week and all my meta data from plex is automatically backed up to the folder selected within the plugin 

Could you please post how to do this?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.