Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4486 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, aptalca said:

Elaborate. Is it the Plex gui or unraid gui?

Sorry, should of been more detailed.  Unraid docker tells me that an update is available.  When I hit update I get the results I posted above.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually seeing the opposite at the moment, the Plex GUI is telling me there is an update to 1.18.5.2309 but the PMS version is 1.18.4.2171 and there isn't an update option on the docker icon.

 

Set version to latest, didn't appear to pull any data and unable to then reach the docker address, set it back to version=docker and it begun working again.

Edited by Spies

Share this post


Link to post

EDIT - sorry, Plex auth api is down, because of course

 

Yep - I'm getting weird update failures in the logs currently.  I'm thinking it may be connected to some database corruption as my local users have all disappeared with the exception of the admin account

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.5.2309
https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.5.2309/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.5.2309_amd64.deb:
2020-02-06 15:27:58 ERROR 404: Not Found.



########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #
# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #
# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #
# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################


[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

Has plex screwed their downloads page (Narrator: "They did"), or is it potentially related to the container?

 

Thanks

Edited by noja

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, coblck said:

Plex having there own problems at the moment 

 

Ahh, thanks - jeeze, the external auth issues just keep coming.

Share this post


Link to post

Not saying its your problem but can't login just now with mine lost remote access as well 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, coblck said:

Not saying its your problem but can't login just now with mine lost remote access as well 

https://status.plex.tv

 

Plex authentication is down.

Share this post


Link to post

Same here. Getting texts from family "hey your netflix is down" 😂. Hope it's resolved soon.

Share this post


Link to post

I still can't connect to my Plex, whether on App, or Shiled tv. All say it's not online. Was working this AM

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2020 at 12:25 AM, bigredx86 said:

Sorry, should of been more detailed.  Unraid docker tells me that an update is available.  When I hit update I get the results I posted above.

I thought we're supposed to update via Unraid docker updates, not within the app.

 

With that said, I've seen update message on Plex for over a week now and there hasn't been a docker update - not sure if I should be seeing it or it's going to take more time for the image to be available

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, andyd said:

I thought we're supposed to update via Unraid docker updates, not within the app.

 

With that said, I've seen update message on Plex for over a week now and there hasn't been a docker update - not sure if I should be seeing it or it's going to take more time for the image to be available

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, trurl said:

 

Is that official though? Since you say "I think..." :P

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, andyd said:

Is that official though? Since you say "I think..." :P

Read the replies to that post

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, noja said:

EDIT - sorry, Plex auth api is down, because of course

 

Yep - I'm getting weird update failures in the logs currently.  I'm thinking it may be connected to some database corruption as my local users have all disappeared with the exception of the admin account


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.5.2309
https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.5.2309/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.5.2309_amd64.deb:
2020-02-06 15:27:58 ERROR 404: Not Found.



########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #
# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #
# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #
# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################


[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

Has plex screwed their downloads page (Narrator: "They did"), or is it potentially related to the container?

 

Thanks

 

I'm seeing this in my log and plex has been telling me that there is an update for the last week.

 

 

 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, andyd said:

Is that official though? Since you say "I think..." :P

It's all explained in the readme, which is the official word

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, biggeek said:

 

I'm seeing this in my log and plex has been telling me that there is an update for the last week.

 

 

 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

 

 

 

You set one of the vars to docker (as it says in the log). Check the readme to see what it means

Edited by aptalca

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, hauber794 said:

Any new content I add to the library never appears in Plex (issue started a few days ago). Everything else runs perfectly. I'm able to watch all content that was previously added before the issue started. Am I looking at a corrupt database here? Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance! 

 

Note: Unraid 6.8.2 | Linux Server Plex Container



-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.6.2368-97add474d
2020-02-07 22:14:50 URL:https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.6.2368-97add474d/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb [86523070/86523070] -> "/tmp/plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb" [1]
(Reading database ... 10445 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb ...
PlexMediaServer install: Pre-installation Validation.
PlexMediaServer install: Docker detected. Preinstallation validation not required.
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.18.6.2368-97add474d) over (1.18.4.2171-ac2afe5f8) ...
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/etc/init': Directory not empty
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.18.6.2368-97add474d) ...
PlexMediaServer install: Docker detected. Postinstallation tasks not required. Continuing.
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.
Connection to 45.56.103.243 closed by remote host.
/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/difflib.py:437: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
a[besti+bestsize] == b[bestj+bestsize]:
/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/difflib.py:433: UnicodeWarning: Unicode equal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal
a[besti-1] == b[bestj-1]:
Connection to 66.175.212.202 closed by remote host.
Critical: libusb_init failed
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.
Connection to 45.56.96.162 closed by remote host.

Check the Plex server logs in the config folder

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, aptalca said:

It's all explained in the readme, which is the official word

 

got it

 

This is what I see within the app...

 

An update is available. Please install manually

Edited by andyd

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2020 at 4:48 AM, Spies said:

I'm actually seeing the opposite at the moment, the Plex GUI is telling me there is an update to 1.18.5.2309 but the PMS version is 1.18.4.2171 and there isn't an update option on the docker icon.

 

Set version to latest, didn't appear to pull any data and unable to then reach the docker address, set it back to version=docker and it begun working again.

This is definitely a thing that is happening right now. Any ideas???

 

Here are my logs after a restart of the docker.

 

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, c9house said:

This is definitely a thing that is happening right now. Any ideas???

 

Here are my logs after a restart of the docker.

 

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------

User uid: 99
User gid: 100
-------------------------------------

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

You need to edit your template and change the `version` variable to `latest` as it's currently set to `docker` as per your logs.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, j0nnymoe said:

You need to edit your template and change the `version` variable to `latest` as it's currently set to `docker` as per your logs.

Thank you sir.  Looks like that did it.

 

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.6.2368-97add474d
2020-02-09 11:19:09 URL:https://downloads.plex.tv/plex-media-server-new/1.18.6.2368-97add474d/debian/plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb [86523070/86523070] -> "/tmp/plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb" [1]
(Reading database ... 10446 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.18.6.2368-97add474d_amd64.deb ...
PlexMediaServer install: Pre-installation Validation.
PlexMediaServer install: Docker detected. Preinstallation validation not required.
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.18.6.2368-97add474d) over (1.18.4.2171-ac2afe5f8) ...
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.18.6.2368-97add474d) ...
PlexMediaServer install: Docker detected. Postinstallation tasks not required. Continuing.
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.

 

 

 

I wonder how that got changed.  It would update fine before. Did I miss some new documentation or something?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2020 at 11:43 AM, Xaero said:

You'll need to post the log while memory is full or near full.
Keep an eye on memory usage and before it reaches the point of being unusable try capturing the diagnostics. 

Sadly, no process seems to be using an abnormal amount of memory in these logs, and I don't see any kernel OOM entries logged in syslog. 


MiB Mem :  64420.0 total,  60521.1 free,   1782.2 used,   2116.6 buff/cache
MiB Swap:      0.0 total,      0.0 free,      0.0 used.  61152.4 avail Mem 

 

 


It may not be the plex process itself eating all your ram, it could be one of it's child processes.

 

 

It took a lot longer than it usually does, but I just captured the log while the RAM was at 100% usage. 

mongo-diagnostics-20200211-1957.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Moving UNRAID to a new setup, and curious if there is any benefit to creating a new Plex Media Server and a config folder in appdata or can i just copy or move my current Plex Media Server config folder and just a new docker? 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.