Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4336 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Tried to restart my plex-server tonight but it tries to upgrade but nothing happens, what should/can I do?

Skärmavbild 2020-02-26 kl. 18.45.28.png

Edited by Johan71

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, trurl said:

What GPU?

 

Explained in the first post in this thread. You should always read at least the first post in the support thread.

Quick Sync Video on the Xeon E-2288G. Sorry, I'll go read the intro page.  Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, mikesp18 said:

Quick Sync Video on the Xeon E-2288G. Sorry, I'll go read the intro page.  Thank you :)

You might find this post interesting.  You can see the prior posts in the thread for system details.

 

I have hardware transcoding working on Plex with the E-2288G, but you need the go file entries as well as the appropriate Plex parameters/variables configured in the docker container.

 

Here is a tutorial on how to set it up properly.

Edited by Hoopster

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You might find this post interesting.  You can see the prior posts in the thread for system details.

 

I have hardware transcoding working on Plex with the E-2288G, but you need the go file entries as well as the appropriate Plex parameters/variables configured in the docker container.

 

Here is a tutorial on how to set it up properly.

Hi Hoopster, I have the same hardware as you I suspect since I bought it from the same Ebay dealer.  He said he flashed the bios to the 2.10A, but I noticed it states 2.10 on boot. I'll have to check though I've not even attempted to log in yet via IPMI

 

here is my /flash/config/go file

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
modprobe i915

Attached are my parameters in linusserver.io plex container:

plexcontainerparameters.thumb.PNG.a58af52881df3697345c2b16efc2edb3.PNG

When I start up the Docker, I get the following error:

plexerror1.PNG.7754b9ac80622d91f6569fcbf1a3f31a.PNG

Any idea where I am going wrong?

 

I noticed on Page one of this thread, it states:

2.  Add the Plex container and add --device=/dev/dri to extra parameters (switch on advanced template view)  There is no need to chmod/chown the /dev/dri, this is handled by the container.

Hoopster, that ***GUIDE*** Plex Hardware Acceleration using Intel Quick Sync mentions:

We need to change the relevant permissions on our Quick Sync Device which we do by typing into the terminal window:

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

So I'm guessing this was slightly outdated and no longer needs to be done.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, mikesp18 said:

Hi Hoopster, I have the same hardware as you I suspect since I bought it from the same Ebay dealer.  He said he flashed the bios to the 2.10A, but I noticed it states 2.10 on boot. I'll have to check though I've not even attempted to log in yet via IPMI

ASRock sent me the 2.10A BIOS.  The board I got from the eBay seller has BIOS 2.10

 

54 minutes ago, mikesp18 said:

We need to change the relevant permissions on our Quick Sync Device which we do by typing into the terminal window:

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

So I'm guessing this was slightly outdated and no longer needs to be done.

It's still in my 'go' and does not cause problems

 

Here is my go file Plex section:

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding in Plex
modprobe i915
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

 

And here is the relevant section of my Plex docker setup:

image.thumb.png.6e221f331372a6ac70a0a908bdee80aa.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mikesp18 said:

Hi Hoopster, I have the same hardware as you I suspect since I bought it from the same Ebay dealer.  He said he flashed the bios to the 2.10A, but I noticed it states 2.10 on boot. I'll have to check though I've not even attempted to log in yet via IPMI

 

here is my /flash/config/go file


#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
modprobe i915

Attached are my parameters in linusserver.io plex container:

plexcontainerparameters.thumb.PNG.a58af52881df3697345c2b16efc2edb3.PNG

When I start up the Docker, I get the following error:

plexerror1.PNG.7754b9ac80622d91f6569fcbf1a3f31a.PNG

Any idea where I am going wrong?

 

I noticed on Page one of this thread, it states:


2.  Add the Plex container and add --device=/dev/dri to extra parameters (switch on advanced template view)  There is no need to chmod/chown the /dev/dri, this is handled by the container.

Hoopster, that ***GUIDE*** Plex Hardware Acceleration using Intel Quick Sync mentions:


We need to change the relevant permissions on our Quick Sync Device which we do by typing into the terminal window:

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

So I'm guessing this was slightly outdated and no longer needs to be done.

No longer needed but won't hurt

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still getting the failure message.  I tried reinstalling Plex, but no dice.  The problem starts with when the extra parameters: --device=/dev/dri

 

I get the following in the container dialogue:

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Movies/':'/movies':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/TV/':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/tmp/transcode':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/Other/Movies2160/':'/movies2160':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --device=/dev/dri 'linuxserver/plex' 
b23fda0dffa9d51752267986652031bb7358cdfde8a200adf4790d39918ae858
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/dri": no such file or directory.

The command failed.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, mikesp18 said:

The problem starts with when the extra parameters: --device=/dev/dri

 

Start a terminal session from the GUI and try "cd /dev/dri" to make sure that folder does exist. 

 

If it exists, check the contents.  It should have these files in it:

image.png.1a5850f8e91713149f330f680f66bf0a.png

 

If the folder does not exist or the contents are not as shown above, that is your problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yep, seems like the problem.

error2.PNG.460131eceaadcb88b75c0f9b8a7895a8.PNG

 

Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled correctly in the bios.

 

Bingo.  Problem was the iGPU set to AUTO, instead of ENABLED.  Here are some pics from the IPMI/BMC (BTW, I did upgrade the Bios to the L2.10A instead of P2.10. (I'm going to post pics in case someone else is looking :) Motherboard in question here is ASRock Rack E3C246D4U and as Hoopster noted in a number of over threads, this is a beta bios (2.10a instead of most recent 2.10 from website) from tech support to be able to use ASPEED AST2500 for BMC/IPMI without disabling the Intel iGPU, though I haven't thoroughly tested it yet.

bios210.PNG.c6a71e3304ad4169f00b4556c00c7168.PNG

bios210a.PNG.2603442dbabd4c6ca7c2d0a70bdb5aaf.PNG

bios1.PNG.bec2c5067f70ecd4f6d92e473eb4cc42.PNG

bios2.PNG.7bd966d69df7805e83ac62859ae4a568.PNG

bios3.PNG.82941c98cb2007bfdcf2af3965714924.PNG

Now, for completeness:

 

GO file: adding modprobe i915

go.PNG.3cc93375fdddacf0415509562bfa7832.PNG

 

plex linuxserver.io container application values: Extra Parameters --device=/dev/dri

extraparam.PNG.6ea294d8e51c0346108ac14758e9be0c.PNG

 

plex container started, dialogue:

success2.thumb.PNG.e247cd44535f8e152d396bd5c90de5f7.PNG

 

Now with the same terminal as before:

success1.PNG.8f07eff385c97851541eff3fe34c03b7.PNG

 

Now settings in Plex->Transcoder

plexsetting.PNG.a6603b2e02291c78dc23986043172325.PNG

 

 

and here's transcode over local network to 1080p Chrome browser

plexdirectstreamcpu.PNG.057b570bff4280193526979d88d680a7.PNGplexdirectstream.PNG.c4c3ab25ac0f31e960d94776f5f3092e.PNG

 

and here's transcore over cellular to my cell phone

plexcellularcpu.PNG.2046611a4ed0b7a5e492dcf07514428d.PNGplexcellular.PNG.14118e04cb05d9cf2a9d4097f1abf93c.PNG

Edited by mikesp18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, mikesp18 said:

Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled correctly in the bios.

Yeah, sorry I did not point that out in the first post, but I posted that just as I was headed out the door for a few hours and I was not sure that was the issue.  By the time I returned, you had verified the problem and already found the answer.  👍

Share this post


Link to post

Server Version#: 4.22.2

Hi I've changed over to Unraid Plex docker Linux but I can't get external subtitles to show by default no matter what I try. It was working on my W10.

Share this post


Link to post

Grr. I have company over, was quickly adding some pics to Plex to share on the big screen; saw an update, it was a quick one and now I get "unable to connect". We were going to follow up with a movie. What's a quick way to revert? 

 

Edit: Looks like in the log it keeps getting hung up at "Atempting to upgrade to: 1.18.8.2468-5d395aa9d". One of the times I restarted it I managed to get the web UI to load but not again since. 

Edited by TyantA

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TyantA said:

Grr. I have company over, was quickly adding some pics to Plex to share on the big screen; saw an update, it was a quick one and now I get "unable to connect". We were going to follow up with a movie. What's a quick way to revert? 

Edit the container, and in the repository section you're changing / adding a "tag"  ie: it probably right now says linuxserver/plex

 

You'd probably want linuxserver/plex:amd64-1.18.7.2438-f342a5a43-ls79

 

Full list of tags is here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Bjur said:

I've changed over to Unraid Plex docker Linux

Everything in Unraid is Linux.

 

Do you mean you are using the linuxserver plex docker?

 

Linuxserver is sort of a brandname for a group of docker developers.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Edit the container, and in the repository section you're changing / adding a "tag"  ie: it probably right now says linuxserver/plex

 

You'd probably want linuxserver/plex:amd64-1.18.7.2438-f342a5a43-ls79

 

Full list of tags is here https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post

Getting this error now, not sure why, but seems to be related to downmixing multi-channel audio to fewer tracks?  Can't play through web player or mobile devices, but works OK on AppleTV or Roku that support multichannel natively.

 

Any ideas?  Running linuxserver/plex:amd64-1.18.7.2457-77cb9455c-ls80

Screenshot 2020-02-27 22.09.45.png

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, trurl said:

Everything in Unraid is Linux.

 

Do you mean you are using the linuxserver plex docker?

 

Linuxserver is sort of a brandname for a group of docker developers.

Yes sorry the Linuxserver docker. The subtitles are named the same. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

 

So my Plex server on my unraid box for some reason says that it can't connect to my unraid server.  Plex itself launches and I am able to login but it just can't get the media on my unraid server.  It was working before, now suddenly this is happening.  I even wiped the appdata for this and started from scratch but still no luck.   any help would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, dgriff said:

Getting this error now, not sure why, but seems to be related to downmixing multi-channel audio to fewer tracks?  Can't play through web player or mobile devices, but works OK on AppleTV or Roku that support multichannel natively.

 

Any ideas?  Running linuxserver/plex:amd64-1.18.7.2457-77cb9455c-ls80

Screenshot 2020-02-27 22.09.45.png

Edit: Fixed it

 

Execute bit was not set on /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/EasyAudioEncoder-527-linux-x86_64/EasyAudioEncoder/EasyAudioEncoder  for what reason, I have no idea.

 

chmod a+x for the file above fixed it.  Dunno if it needed an "a", but since it worked, yay.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/28/2020 at 1:03 PM, Bjur said:

Yes sorry the Linuxserver docker. The subtitles are named the same. 

I got it working by changing some settings in language. Thx. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, blknitro11 said:

Hi all,

 

So my Plex server on my unraid box for some reason says that it can't connect to my unraid server.  Plex itself launches and I am able to login but it just can't get the media on my unraid server.  It was working before, now suddenly this is happening.  I even wiped the appdata for this and started from scratch but still no luck.   any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried changing path in settings for docker so both is /mnt/user and not only one. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/1/2020 at 3:11 AM, Bjur said:

Have you tried changing path in settings for docker so both is /mnt/user and not only one. 

I'm not sure I follow, sorry.  I'm a bit of a noob,I really appreciate the help.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there. I recently had to change VPN providers and while I fixed other containers, thinking PMS wouldn't be affected, it seems to have been affected. The container itself starts but when I try to go to WEB GUI it comes back with the below in the browser - 

 

This page isn’t working

192.168.1.73 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

 

Equally if I go to Plex and try to launch from the site it states my server is unreachable.

 

Attached are my diagnostics. I would appreciate any help.

dbhnas-diagnostics-20200303-2149.zip

Share this post


Link to post

I've used this container for years without issue, today when I try to access the GUI, I'm stuck in a loop of "There was an error signing in" and I am unable to access my Plex library. The Library itself is still accessible from my clients, but I am unable to log in on my Unraid server itself. I tried the above suggestion of changing the repository to linuxserver/plex:amd64-1.18.7.2438-f342a5a43-ls79 to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi All

 

I have a solid system for a very long time but after encoding to RAM I am getting some problems once in a while some TV shows doesn't play and then later they play fine? 

 

Error log:

[Transcoder] [eac3_eae @ 0x15422c0] EAE timeout! EAE not running, or wrong folder? Could not read '/tmp/pms-018fb146-d1c7-4f41-84cb-cae419d0ca06/EasyAudioEncoder/Convert to WAV (to 8ch or less)/e12d43b76d37f1d2-com-plexapp-android_7893-0-0.wav'

I found this post?

 

Anyone have a solution to this? (Just upgraded to 64GB RAM to use RAM for encoding)

image.png.200c41094fa52248886d683fa5daf2de.png

 

And only for TV never movies? so the tmp folder si working....

 

Edited by casperse

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.