[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server


5024 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to the appdata share and look in Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports You will find folders for your previous versions named as the release version.

Yep, seems like the problem.   Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled corr

Application Name: Plex Media Server Application Site: https://plex.tv/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex  

Posted Images

Good morning all! I recently moved my Plex from a Windows VM to the linuxserver/plex container on a new Unraid server (nVidia 6.8.3 Build) with a 3900x and an nVidia GTX 1660 Super. I have a PlexPass. When I queue up a list of movies to sync to my iPad, many of them transcode/sync successfully while others seem to end up in an endless loop where they repeatedly go through the transcoding process but never sync down to the iPad. On the PMS Conversions tab, they go from Waiting -> Converting -> Disappear from Queue until I hit sync again on the iPad. On the iPad Downloads & Sync screen, they go Converting -> Pending and stay Pending until I hit Sync again. Looking at one of the offending files, it doesn't seem to have any characteristic different from the ones that work (i.e., h264, aac, metadata & cover added with MetaX). I'm hoping someone has seen this before or can help identify the issue. File info for one of the offending file, Docker command, container log and PMS log, below. Note that /movies, /tv, and /music remain unmapped as I've configured all my libraries off a single /Media mount that is mapped to /mnt/user/Media/.

 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! I've spent more than a couple full days scouring forums and trying to troubleshoot this on my own.

 

Offending file info:

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000001a034609900] stream 0, timescale not set
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'M:\Movies\Amy Schumer - Growing (2019)\Amy.Schumer.Growing.2019.1080p.WEB.X264-AMRAP.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    iTunMOVI        : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                    : <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
                    : <plist version="1.0">
                    : <dict>
                    :   <key>directors</key>
                    :   <array>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Amy Schumer</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :   </array>
                    :   <key>producers</key>
                    :   <array>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Kevin Kane</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Kim Caramele</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :   </array>
                    : </dict>
                    : </plist>
                    :
    title           : Amy Schumer: Growing
    artist          : Amy Schumer
    genre           : Comedy
    date            : 2019-03-19
    synopsis        : Amy Schumer's live stand-up set performed in Chicago where she jokes about marriage, pregnancy and personal growth.
    encoder         : Lavf58.20.100
    hd_video        : 2
    media_type      : 9
  Duration: 01:00:32.69, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4286 kb/s
    Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 3632.000000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 1
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 3939 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 24k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 341 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
    Stream #0:2: Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 1000x1500, 90k tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc
    Stream #0:3(und): Data: bin_data (text / 0x74786574)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2020-03-02T12:57:50.000000Z

 

Docker Command:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-f5d9ef15-c92b-8f07-bb3f-008e149f75d9' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/tmp/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/':'/Media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'

Container Log (attached)

Plex Media Server Log (Attached)

Plex Media Server.log Plex Container Log.txt

Link to post
On 4/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, splerman said:

Good morning all! I recently moved my Plex from a Windows VM to the linuxserver/plex container on a new Unraid server (nVidia 6.8.3 Build) with a 3900x and an nVidia GTX 1660 Super. I have a PlexPass. When I queue up a list of movies to sync to my iPad, many of them transcode/sync successfully while others seem to end up in an endless loop where they repeatedly go through the transcoding process but never sync down to the iPad. On the PMS Conversions tab, they go from Waiting -> Converting -> Disappear from Queue until I hit sync again on the iPad. On the iPad Downloads & Sync screen, they go Converting -> Pending and stay Pending until I hit Sync again. Looking at one of the offending files, it doesn't seem to have any characteristic different from the ones that work (i.e., h264, aac, metadata & cover added with MetaX). I'm hoping someone has seen this before or can help identify the issue. File info for one of the offending file, Docker command, container log and PMS log, below. Note that /movies, /tv, and /music remain unmapped as I've configured all my libraries off a single /Media mount that is mapped to /mnt/user/Media/.

 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! I've spent more than a couple full days scouring forums and trying to troubleshoot this on my own.

 

Offending file info:


[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000001a034609900] stream 0, timescale not set
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'M:\Movies\Amy Schumer - Growing (2019)\Amy.Schumer.Growing.2019.1080p.WEB.X264-AMRAP.mp4':
  Metadata:
    major_brand     : isom
    minor_version   : 512
    compatible_brands: isomiso2avc1mp41
    iTunMOVI        : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                    : <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
                    : <plist version="1.0">
                    : <dict>
                    :   <key>directors</key>
                    :   <array>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Amy Schumer</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :   </array>
                    :   <key>producers</key>
                    :   <array>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Kevin Kane</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :           <dict>
                    :                   <key>name</key>
                    :                   <string>Kim Caramele</string>
                    :           </dict>
                    :   </array>
                    : </dict>
                    : </plist>
                    :
    title           : Amy Schumer: Growing
    artist          : Amy Schumer
    genre           : Comedy
    date            : 2019-03-19
    synopsis        : Amy Schumer's live stand-up set performed in Chicago where she jokes about marriage, pregnancy and personal growth.
    encoder         : Lavf58.20.100
    hd_video        : 2
    media_type      : 9
  Duration: 01:00:32.69, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 4286 kb/s
    Chapter #0:0: start 0.000000, end 3632.000000
    Metadata:
      title           : Chapter 1
    Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High) (avc1 / 0x31637661), yuv420p, 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 3939 kb/s, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 24k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : VideoHandler
    Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, 5.1, fltp, 341 kb/s (default)
    Metadata:
      handler_name    : SoundHandler
    Stream #0:2: Video: mjpeg, yuvj420p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown), 1000x1500, 90k tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc
    Stream #0:3(und): Data: bin_data (text / 0x74786574)
    Metadata:
      creation_time   : 2020-03-02T12:57:50.000000Z

 

Docker Command:


/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='GPU-f5d9ef15-c92b-8f07-bb3f-008e149f75d9' -e 'NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES'='all' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_3005'='3005' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '/tmp/':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/Media/':'/Media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' --runtime=nvidia 'linuxserver/plex'

Container Log (attached)

Plex Media Server Log (Attached)

Plex Media Server.log 9.95 MB · 1 download Plex Container Log.txt 8.62 kB · 1 download

 

I may have figured this out. Although the codec of the offending files were the same (i.e., h264/aac) as ones that synced successfully, the files that fail seem to have in common that the audio bitrate is > 320Kbps. If I manually re-encode them with ffmpeg (ffmpeg.exe -i "%%~dA%%~pA%%~nA%%~xA" -map 0 -c copy -c:a aac -b:a 320K "%%~dA%%~pA%%~nA-320KAAC%%~xA"), the files that previously failed will now transcode AND sync (or at least the 3 that I tested will). I assume this is a Plex-related bug since transcoding the file should result in a file compatible with the device that requested the sync. Just another reason for my love/hate relationship with Plex!

Link to post

Hi Guys,

I have a problem when I try to use plex database (sqlite files) from shared folder.

The Plex Media Scanner.log file says this :

Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.320 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Plex Media Scanner v1.19.2.2702-776106bc6 - Docker Docker Container (LinuxServer.io) x86_64 - build: linux-x86_64 - GMT 02:00
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Linux version: 4.19.107-Unraid, language: en-US
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Scanner --scan --refresh --section 1 --activity 85cf03a2-9a9b-44cf-b9fe-91d32acc6f64
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.028 [0x149260f722c0] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:28.400 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:58.355 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error
Apr 26, 2020 12:38:28.413 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error

My config folder is in R/W slave and the permissions are set correctly on my synology. (The sharing is, of course, mounted via unraid with Unassigned Devices.)

 

Everything runs perfectly when you have done this:

V6w7whCRuj.thumb.png.f4ce4b56bc594dd1036eeda3bbb1f882.png

So all the Plex folder with the plugins and the cache is on synology, except the Database folder which is on the unraid array.

 

So my question is, how do I get everything on the synology, including the database folder?

 

Thanks a lot (I'm new on unraid since 1 week ^^) (and not English)

Link to post
19 minutes ago, pro_info said:

Hi Guys,

I have a problem when I try to use plex database (sqlite files) from shared folder.

The Plex Media Scanner.log file says this :


Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.320 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Plex Media Scanner v1.19.2.2702-776106bc6 - Docker Docker Container (LinuxServer.io) x86_64 - build: linux-x86_64 - GMT 02:00
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Linux version: 4.19.107-Unraid, language: en-US
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.321 [0x149258f88700] INFO - /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Scanner --scan --refresh --section 1 --activity 85cf03a2-9a9b-44cf-b9fe-91d32acc6f64
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:07.028 [0x149260f722c0] DEBUG - Opening 20 database sessions to library (com.plexapp.plugins.library), SQLite 3.26.0, threadsafe=1
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:28.400 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error
Apr 26, 2020 12:37:58.355 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error
Apr 26, 2020 12:38:28.413 [0x149260f722c0] ERROR - SQLITE3:(nil), 4106, os_unix.c:36721: (5) close(/config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db) - Input/output error

My config folder is in R/W slave and the permissions are set correctly on my synology. (The sharing is, of course, mounted via unraid with Unassigned Devices.)

 

Everything runs perfectly when you have done this:

V6w7whCRuj.thumb.png.f4ce4b56bc594dd1036eeda3bbb1f882.png

So all the Plex folder with the plugins and the cache is on synology, except the Database folder which is on the unraid array.

 

So my question is, how do I get everything on the synology, including the database folder?

 

Thanks a lot (I'm new on unraid since 1 week ^^) (and not English)

That is something we don't support. Use local storage for the /config mounts.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, saarg said:

That is something we don't support. Use local storage for the /config mounts.

Ok, but it's ok with nfs sharing it works (and it's more logical from linux to linux by the way)

Problem solved

Edited by pro_info
Link to post

Hi everyone.

Today I noticed that there was an update available for my Plex docker.

I therefore clicked on it and it generated the following:

image.png.90b16ca56b7c349bc92782c764e94f23.png 

 

Now Plex does not work and I am not sure what I did wrong and how this happened.

Can anyone assist me please?

 

EDIT: I actually see an "update" available for all other dockers as well (Sonarr, Deluge, etc.) None of these actually seem to update anything

 

Thank you

Edited by Deazo
Link to post
7 hours ago, Deazo said:

Hi everyone.

Today I noticed that there was an update available for my Plex docker.

I therefore clicked on it and it generated the following:

image.png.90b16ca56b7c349bc92782c764e94f23.png 

 

Now Plex does not work and I am not sure what I did wrong and how this happened.

Can anyone assist me please?

 

EDIT: I actually see an "update" available for all other dockers as well (Sonarr, Deluge, etc.) None of these actually seem to update anything

 

Thank you

Sounds like you're having networking issues or some other unraid issue

Link to post
8 hours ago, aptalca said:

Sounds like you're having networking issues or some other unraid issue

You mean like no connection to the web? All the other docker containers do have access to the network with no apparent issue.

Also what I do not understand is why each docker container shows an "update" available, yet none actually need any update...?

Link to post

Hi everyone,

 

I had a corruption of my cache filesystem (BTRFS) yesterday morning, I managed to backup everything in a folder with BTRFS restore command line.
Then I formatted my cache drive as XFS (it's apparently more reliable than BTRFS) then I put back backed-up data onto the cache drive.

 

It seems everything is back to normal operation but my plex docker doesn't work properly anymore even though the docker starts fine. The web UI doesn't work, I have a connection refused (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED). The log window says "Starting Plex Media Server." over and over again.

From logs in the appdata, it seems I have a problem with the SQLite database. I attached a zip file with the appdata plex media server logs.

Is the database repairable? Does anybody knows how I can fix this database?
Thank you

Archive.zip

Link to post
14 minutes ago, pro_info said:

Hi,

You tried to do this procedure directly with sqlite https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100678-repair-a-corrupt-database ?

I just wen through it while you posted this. This didn't help, I had error at the second command:

sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "DROP index 'index_title_sort_naturalsort'"
Error: database disk image is malformed

 

It seems that I am fucked. Is there by any chance something that could help?

Link to post
5 hours ago, trurl said:

Do you have backup of appdata? Many people do because there is a plugin specifically for that:

 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/61211-plugin-ca-appdata-backup-restore-v2/

 

Yes, I had a backup.

But I didn't configured it as safely as I should have. I don't remember if it had all the same options when I did it but it was configured to keep 1 backup and due to unfortunate circumstances the weekly backup is made on Sunday morning 5AM... The day after my problem with BTRFS. So I tried a few things on Saturday and I left it as it was because I was fed up with the problems... Then you know what happened the next morning 🥺

Link to post

Has anyone else noticed that on latest update *.2740 their HDR content is no longer playing?  I have an LG C7p and have been streaming HDR without issue.  No, the movies start - but do not trigger HDR.

 

Oddly, I have the unRAID library mirrored on a Mac mini, and the PMS serves the HDR content just fine to the C7p/

Link to post
6 hours ago, cam217 said:

Yes, I had a backup.

But I didn't configured it as safely as I should have. I don't remember if it had all the same options when I did it but it was configured to keep 1 backup and due to unfortunate circumstances the weekly backup is made on Sunday morning 5AM... The day after my problem with BTRFS. So I tried a few things on Saturday and I left it as it was because I was fed up with the problems... Then you know what happened the next morning 🥺

Plex internally makes it's own backups of the db as well I believe. In the same directory as the main db but appended with the date, like "com.plexapp.plugins.library.db-2020-05-02". Have you tried to go back to one of those using these instructions? Hopefully the backups aren't corrupt as well.

Link to post
6 hours ago, J.Nerdy said:

Has anyone else noticed that on latest update *.2740 their HDR content is no longer playing?  I have an LG C7p and have been streaming HDR without issue.  No, the movies start - but do not trigger HDR.

 

Oddly, I have the unRAID library mirrored on a Mac mini, and the PMS serves the HDR content just fine to the C7p/

Did you try to clean out the codecs folder and restart plex?

 

Link to post

Not sure if others are having this issue, I tried searching but came up empty...

I'm running unraid 6.8.3 with the NVIDIA driver pack and this PLEX docker with my K4000 in pass-through for PLEX.

It works wonderfully and I have almost no complaints at all, my only issue is that when I'm done watching a movie that required my GPU to encode the video, the GPU stays running in the background and I cannot stop it unless I restart the container.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a simple fix/tweak?

Thank you,

J

Annotation 2020-05-04 180231.png

Edited by jbohbot
Link to post
9 hours ago, saarg said:

Yes. Plex will download it again when you restart the container.

Unfortunately that did not help.  I removed the container, reinstalled 6.8.3, reinstalled the container and configured fresh (my setting did not carry over - but I had them exported) and the problem still persists.

 

HOWEVER I have the same model TV upstairs and it does not have this issue.  Further, no other clients accessing the server have playback issues.  It seems like it isolated to this particular client.  I reinstalled the plex webOS app... but still no joy.  Really odd.

Link to post

may really take a look at client, when u playback on this tv, does it still direct play or does plex transcode ?

 

as soon transcode is involved hdr will be ... try some settings on your tv plex client, like allow/force direct play etc etc ...

Link to post
8 hours ago, alturismo said:

may really take a look at client, when u playback on this tv, does it still direct play or does plex transcode ?

 

as soon transcode is involved hdr will be ... try some settings on your tv plex client, like allow/force direct play etc etc ...

I tried.  Something is borked on the client side for sure. XPlay plays the same content on client in HDR (though playback is choppy - something is definitely going on with how stream is rendered on this TV)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.