[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server


4830 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go to the appdata share and look in Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports You will find folders for your previous versions named as the release version.

Yep, seems like the problem.   Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled corr

Application Name: Plex Media Server Application Site: https://plex.tv/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex  

Posted Images

Got this weird issue today.  Opening the plex webui from Unraid only shows 1 user.  It's missing the main user and all other users.  If you log into the plex app via a browser, all users are shown.  I haven't upgraded the plex app to the latest version yet since I am running the nvidia plugin and I heard it does not have support for the latest drivers for transcoding.

 

Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks.

 

(fixed the issue... had something to do with the browser... clearing cache reset everything)

Edited by Mogo
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I’m using Plex on docker version.

On my iPhone I’m trying to upload photos to Plex. All JPG/PNG photos working but it seems all my HEIC photos don’t upload. Is it an excepted issue ?

I don't use "Path for transcoding folder (Optional)" on docker. Must I set a path to transcode HEIF photos ?

 

Thank you

Edited by Alex.b
Link to post
2 hours ago, Alex.b said:

Hello,
I’m using Plex on docker version.

On my iPhone I’m trying to upload photos to Plex. All JPG/PNG photos working but it seems all my HEIC photos don’t upload. Is it an excepted issue ?

I don't use "Path for transcoding folder (Optional)" on docker. Must I set a path to transcode HEIF photos ?

 

Thank you

Doesn't look like Plex supports HEIC yet

 

https://forums.plex.tv/t/heic-heif-support-in-photo-libraries-new-photo-format-for-iphones/195514/44

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Alex.b said:

Hum, so it must come from my poor understanding of english 😅

EDIT: yes my bad, read to fast the sentence of the comment. Need to convert before all images to JPG. Hurray.

That sentence wasn't well written. Many native english speakers don't do that well writing it.😉

Link to post

Folks, I hope you can point me in the right direction here. I am trying to downgrade from 1.20 to 1.19 to get my camera upload working again.

 

Version field is there and I read official documentation. Container either pulls the latest image, or just hangs. This is the syntax I am using:

 

VERSION=1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896

 

When I do above for any specific version, container starts but doesn’t work. Every other syntax combination just downloads the latest image.

Link to post
1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Have you tried entering just the version number without “VERSION=“?

Sorry I didn't clarify that I pulled that from actually config file. Here is the screenshot of the settings which makes more sense. With this docker starts but hangs. I tried multiple versions including the latest one.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 13.56.36.png

Link to post

Second error,

My server plays movies in H265 without any problem.

Today I uploaded some videos from my iPhone (in .MOV/hevc format) and when I want to plays a video I have an error  :

This server is not powerful enough to convert video.

I don't understand why.

Edited by Alex.b
Link to post
2 hours ago, sit_rp said:

Sorry I didn't clarify that I pulled that from actually config file. Here is the screenshot of the settings which makes more sense. With this docker starts but hangs. I tried multiple versions including the latest one.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 13.56.36.png

If you post the container log we might be able to see what is going on. Just saying it hangs isn't really helping us help you.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, saarg said:

If you post the container log we might be able to see what is going on. Just saying it hangs isn't really helping us help you.

Very true...I will look up where docker logs are stored.

 

So I left Plex container alone for about 1 hour while it was "hanged" (0% cpu utilization, only using about 5mb of RAM). Just came back to get my Plex back online with latest version and noticed that it finally booted up and I can get into it. It is reporting 1.19 version in the dashboard.

 

Definitely need to look through logs here. 1 hour to boot up a container is not gonna roll with me.

Link to post
1 hour ago, sit_rp said:

Very true...I will look up where docker logs are stored.

 

So I left Plex container alone for about 1 hour while it was "hanged" (0% cpu utilization, only using about 5mb of RAM). Just came back to get my Plex back online with latest version and noticed that it finally booted up and I can get into it. It is reporting 1.19 version in the dashboard.

 

Definitely need to look through logs here. 1 hour to boot up a container is not gonna roll with me.

It's downloading and installing the Plex version you set it to install and that depends on your internet speed and horsepowers.

 

There is a log button at the end of the Plex container line.

Link to post
2 hours ago, saarg said:

It's downloading and installing the Plex version you set it to install and that depends on your internet speed and horsepowers.

 

There is a log button at the end of the Plex container line.

It downloads container within seconds on my server. After I hit play it gets stuck. I don’t have this issue with any other container and if I use the latest version it starts up immediately.
 

I didn’t notice the logs button but will take a look.

Edited by sit_rp
Link to post
7 hours ago, sit_rp said:

It downloads container within seconds on my server. After I hit play it gets stuck. I don’t have this issue with any other container and if I use the latest version it starts up immediately.
 

I didn’t notice the logs button but will take a look.

Downloading the container and downloading the deb to install the Plex version you set is not from the same place, so it might be that the download speed you have for the Plex deb is slow. 

Link to post
6 hours ago, saarg said:

Downloading the container and downloading the deb to install the Plex version you set is not from the same place, so it might be that the download speed you have for the Plex deb is slow. 

Yeah, you are probably right. I went over the logs and didn't see anything out of normal (I looked at the Plex container logs and docker logs in diagnostics). The only thing I noticed was downgrade warning below.

 

dpkg: warning: downgrading plexmediaserver from 1.20.4.3517-ab5e1197c to 1.19.5.3112-b23ab3896

 

At this point I am on the right version and when I restart the container it start in seconds, so it is possible it could have been something stupid like download.

 

I do appreciate your attention on this.

Link to post

So i have a question

since i cant download Nvidia Unraid anymore (as of yesterday i cant find it anywhere do dl, espically not from the community applications), I have issues getting hardware transcoding to work with plex.

 

The setup atm is:
I7 - 4770K 

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

and since icant use the Nvidia unriad, i saw that you could dl Beta 35 of 6.9 and also install the "nvidia" driver from CA, (i have done both)

I have ticked the "tick" in plex aswell, I have added GUID for the GPU in the Docker container for plex.

But as far as I can see i punish my CPU and not my GPU.

Any1 have a guide on how to solve this?

Link to post
1 hour ago, Blackrazid said:

So i have a question

since i cant download Nvidia Unraid anymore (as of yesterday i cant find it anywhere do dl, espically not from the community applications), I have issues getting hardware transcoding to work with plex.

 

The setup atm is:
I7 - 4770K 

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

and since icant use the Nvidia unriad, i saw that you could dl Beta 35 of 6.9 and also install the "nvidia" driver from CA, (i have done both)

I have ticked the "tick" in plex aswell, I have added GUID for the GPU in the Docker container for plex.

But as far as I can see i punish my CPU and not my GPU.

Any1 have a guide on how to solve this?

What does your Plex Docker setup look like? Did you input the extra parameters?

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.