[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

4997 posts in this topic Last Reply

So this is probably a silly issue, but I changed the config path from /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server to /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex-Media-Server. However, I realized that I had installed and set up Plex before I got my cache drive, so some of the appdata files for Plex are still on my array rather than the cache drive. So, I changed the path back to /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server, restarted the container and my server. However, I'm given a blank page on my home screen, so it's obviously not picking up on the original appdata. All the original data is still there, so what should I do to fix it? In the 2nd picture you can see the folder with the original data, and it looks like a second folder got created when I made the change.  

image.png

image.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, seems like the problem.   Not to be outdone... google.  And what do I find.... Hoopster's post from over a year ago. I see your post here regarding the iGPU not being enabled corr

Go to the appdata share and look in Plex\Library\Application Support\Plex Media Server\Crash Reports You will find folders for your previous versions named as the release version.

Application Name: Plex Media Server Application Site: https://plex.tv/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

changed the config path from /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server to /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex-Media-Server. However, I realized that I had installed and set up Plex before I got my cache drive, so some of the appdata files for Plex are still on my array rather than the cache drive. So, I changed the path back to /mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server

When reading files on user shares when there are duplicates on other disks, the "lowest" disks are accessed, and cache is lower than any array disk. So if Plex created files on cache then it is seeing those instead.

47 minutes ago, trurl said:

When reading files on user shares when there are duplicates on other disks, the "lowest" disks are accessed, and cache is lower than any array disk. So if Plex created files on cache then it is seeing those instead.

Got it, to try and fix the issue I set my appdata user share to "prefer," invoked the mover (which transferred the majority of the Plex files from my array to the cache drive), and then I used krusader to transfer the few files that were left. Howevever, even after I did this and changed the path back to /mnt/user, I'm still running into the same issue.

19 minutes ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

Sorry for the basic question, but where would I get the diagnostics (is that just the logs)?

Tools>diagnostics

Attach the zip file that you download to your next post.

10 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Don’t forget the run command-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564345

You can just copy and paste the text.

Here it is!

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Plex-Media-Server' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-[Claim code redacted]' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/data/media/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'

728c7e77866761a818d19d7b2a29cc6b66500dc165846f499c84e9f87d5f89ff

The command finished successfully!

appdata and system shares still have files on disk1 so you need to fix that.

I suspect your actions may have wound up with a mix of a new appdata and an old appdata for your plex.

Looks like you have CA Backup plugin installed so you should have an appdata backup you could go to.

2 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

Here it is!

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name='Plex-Media-Server' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'PLEX_CLAIM'='claim-[Claim code redacted]' -e 'PLEX_UID'='99' -e 'PLEX_GID'='100' -e 'VERSION'='latest' -v '/tmp':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/data/media/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/Plex-Media-Server/':'/config':'rw' 'plexinc/pms-docker'

728c7e77866761a818d19d7b2a29cc6b66500dc165846f499c84e9f87d5f89ff

Please use the correct support thread. You are not using our container.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

appdata and system shares still have files on disk1 so you need to fix that.

I suspect your actions may have wound up with a mix of a new appdata and an old appdata for your plex.

Looks like you have CA Backup plugin installed so you should have an appdata backup you could go to.

Yeah there's a few left (mostly dockers I don't really use) so I'll have to transfer it.

Gotcha, that'd make sense, which is why I saw the 2 different dated libraries within my appdata share.

I do, just ran a backup from a version before I made the edit. Unfortunately no luck, same problem as before. 

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
8 minutes ago, saarg said:

Please use the correct support thread. You are not using our container.

Sorry, I run 2 different templates, here's the correct run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_300'='300' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

711d152c358eeed8ede694a8839db04a14943c6f63b3aef30efd5d74cc1f879c

Edited by AlphaOmegaKappa
12 hours ago, AlphaOmegaKappa said:

Sorry, I run 2 different templates, here's the correct run command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='plex' --net='host' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'VERSION'='docker' -e 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES'='' -e 'TCP_PORT_32400'='32400' -e 'TCP_PORT_300'='300' -e 'TCP_PORT_8324'='8324' -e 'TCP_PORT_32469'='32469' -e 'UDP_PORT_1900'='1900' -e 'UDP_PORT_32410'='32410' -e 'UDP_PORT_32412'='32412' -e 'UDP_PORT_32413'='32413' -e 'UDP_PORT_32414'='32414' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '':'/movies':'rw' -v '':'/tv':'rw' -v '':'/music':'rw' -v '':'/transcode':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/plex'

711d152c358eeed8ede694a8839db04a14943c6f63b3aef30efd5d74cc1f879c

You don't see anything wrong with that???

You have no mappings to anything except appdata.

My guess is you reinstalled this plex without using the Previous Apps feature, so you only got the default template for it and then you didn't finish setting it up.

Hello I have an error with a serie who try to detect intro, this erros keeps disks spin up for days

image.thumb.png.dfae460222ea38f15ac2c819a6fbc3d7.pngimage.thumb.png.b193df3d6d5d2af40a8b68e79eb8be09.png

image.png.922acdd71018155bfa7a637b2b32dce2.png

image.thumb.png.fcd1266261af09e4ae1d070f494a85df.png

Do you have an idea why ? Thank you !

Edited by Alex.b

I have been having an issue getting hardware transcoding to work on the linuxserver.io plex media server docker container. I have a Nvidia Quadro P1000 and I have it installed in my unraid server. I pulled down the docker container and made sure to add the --runtime=nvidia to the extra parameters and also downloaded the Nvidia Driver Plugin so that I could copy the GPU id to the Nvidia Visible Devices variable. I'm using v465.19.01 driver. I have set plex up and let it refresh the metadata of the files. I made the changes in the settings to allow allow hardware transcoding and I do have a lifetime plex pass. When I try transcoding the screen will flash a few times then throw this Playback Error: An unknown error occurred (4294967279)
Error code: 4294967279

Looking at the logs it looks like it's having a hard time find the right codec. Other times when I play a movie it will transcode in hardware just fine at full quality. If I try to force it down to a lower level using either the browser or plex desktop app it will not continue playing and it will be just a blank screen. I've noticed however in the plex dashboard it shows the movies as continuing to play at the lower resolution even though the progress is not changing on the client.

Previously I was running the Plex Media Server docker container with intel quicksync for hardware transcoding just fine as I have a plex pass and I was able to pass the correct parameters to their docker container. I was not sure if that container would work with an Nvidia card so that's why I'm using the linuxserver one. Previously I was transcoding to ram by using the host path /tmp mapped to the container path of /transcode. Does linuxserver support transcoding to ram?

Plex Media Server.log

New question guys ... my movies are on a network share. How do i set up plex to access that share? I've tried to set up another 'Path' within the docker but cant see my network share at all? I'm going to feel really stupid i just know it ....

2 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

movies are on a network share

You need to mount the remote share with Unassigned Devices, then map the path Unassigned Devices creates and specify slave mode access.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, trurl said:

You need to mount the remote share with Unassigned Devices, then map the path Unassigned Devices creates and specify slave mode access.

Thanks ... i've tried that but my 'mount' isnt doing its stuff for some reason ... checked in syslog and just timing out  > 10s! Error connecting to socket???

<update ... fixed>

Edited by superloopy1
18 hours ago, Alex.b said:

Hello I have an error with a serie who try to detect intro, this erros keeps disks spin up for days

image.thumb.png.dfae460222ea38f15ac2c819a6fbc3d7.pngimage.thumb.png.b193df3d6d5d2af40a8b68e79eb8be09.png

image.png.922acdd71018155bfa7a637b2b32dce2.png

image.thumb.png.fcd1266261af09e4ae1d070f494a85df.png

Do you have an idea why ? Thank you !

As usual with Plex codecs errors, deleting the Codecs folder and restarting Plex usually fixes the problem.

Evening all,

Not sure if this issue is localised to me but this evening Plex became suddenly unresponsive. No changes or amendments. Im on unRAID OS 6.9.2. Version tag set to latest.

Normal practice for me is to restart the container.

Safari now complains that the connection to the server was "dropped".

I get this in the log:

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Atempting to upgrade to:
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘downloads.plex.tv’

########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #

# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #

# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #

# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.

Trying to access downloads.plex.tv takes me to a redirect to:

https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

Plex' uptime page shows that all services are running.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this one? Is anyone else having issues?

D

Edited by danioj

yoo,

I have problem starting to watch Plex, whn I try to start a episode, it just says loading at the screen, and I get this in the log:

Jobs: Exec of /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Codecs/EasyAudioEncoder-1165-linux-x86_64/EasyAudioEncoder/EasyAudioEncoder failed. (13)

Help?