[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Hello, since the last update, all TVs can't connect to my server. But PCs are fine.

In my logs i have : "Critical: libusb_init failed"

Any ideas or should i just roll back to previous version?

Thanks.

Edited by Kishin
13 hours ago, Kishin said:

Hello, since the last update, all TVs can't connect to my server. But PCs are fine.

In my logs i have : "Critical: libusb_init failed"

Any ideas or should i just roll back to previous version?

Thanks.

I also experience the same issue as you. All android device can't connect to plex. ios can.

Hi Hi,

Right I am getting a not authorized message when trying to access my server and my plex settings simply show it as unavailable or not there at all. I have tried a few fixes and nothing has worked and I fear I am making things worse. First a quick background as to what led to this.

I had a power cut today, a rather bad powercut. BUT I have a UPS and this kept the server running and performed a graceful shutdown before the battery ran out. Once I was back up and running I noticed I had an email saying someone had logged into my Plex account. So I went and changed my password and ticked the box "Log out all devices" - I also noticed I had some docker updates, including Plex so I updated all the dockers. Now nothing seems to be working.

I have tried a couple things.

- Complete shutdown and reboot again

- removing preferences.xml to try a warm reboot. - I logged out of all accounts when doing this and have not been presented with a setup screen when logging back in.

- Adding the Plex_Claim key to the docker and restarting it. I done this within the 4minutes but that achieved nothing.

I am now in the process of restoring my backed up appdata to see if that fixes it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, it is almost 3am and I am pulling my hair out here.

Hi just switch to linuxserver.io plex from another version as I was having issues. Solved other issues I was having but now for some reason none of my Movies will scan in. Have all my TV shows and Music but no movies at all. 

image.thumb.png.f68c3ef2e8b5928cd24ecc2b7dfb1581.png

image.thumb.png.fc4c010dd79d545526b53fc4b5eaba44.png

On 9/30/2021 at 9:23 PM, gacpac said:

Hey guys it's been couple times that my server has done this. Any thoughts? Normally I reboot the container a7b82132d24f6c9fffc08b0ad896ad61.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

anyone knows about what could cause this?

Hi everyone - does anyone happen to have an idiots guide to moving the metadata and media folders off of the cache in unraid?

I have a small cache disk and it's pretty much being eaten by those folders. I don't want to move the entire appdata off, but I figure if I can just move those 2 i'll save a ton of space (and they can always be replaced).

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Sap1ent said:

Hi everyone - does anyone happen to have an idiots guide to moving the metadata and media folders off of the cache in unraid?

I have a small cache disk and it's pretty much being eaten by those folders. I don't want to move the entire appdata off, but I figure if I can just move those 2 i'll save a ton of space (and they can always be replaced).

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

That's easy, there is an app called appdatabackup if i'm not mistaken. That will do exactly that, i backup weekly to my unraid and then if sh#t hit the fan i can restore

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing a problem with file playback.  It seems that random movie and TV episodes are failing to play.  I have a pre-roll that runs in front of any movie that starts, which pretty reliably loads, but both locally and remotely there seems to be a random assortment of videos that won't play.  I have even re-ripped a few DVDs and blurays to try h265, x265, mp4, mkv and at different bitrates, and yet I can't find what is causing the issue.  I'm receiving a ton of errors in the Plex docker logs stating the following:

[mp3 @ 0x152397af5240] Header missing
Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input

I've been hunting for answers across some of the Reddit Plex subs as well as here to no avail.  If can provide me with some additional things to troubleshoot I'd greatly appreciate it.

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 8.36.08 PM.png

I used to pay for a seedbox with plex.

switching to a home solution now. Unraid + this docker

previous i could choose (99% of the time i used this) play in original format wihtout transcoding

in the player. the option is now gone with this container

when i turn transcoding off it tells me my server is not capable/ powerfull enough to transcode the video with a 4k video. 1080 works with 0-1% cpu

in rare cases i use transcoding even for 4k - but  dont want my 12 Core/24t to be 60% plus used when turning this on

using the same rig as work pc with GPU passed trough to my main VM - so HW encoding is no option

where can i get this "play in original" back ?

New unraid user here, but im trying to get Plex up and running. I have a fairly basic install for now, just mapped the movies and tv folders, and my container doesnt start up.

This is is unraid 6.10 RC1

Logs:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Critical: libusb_init failed

Anyone have any resolution for this?

Whenever I load Plex Media Server on a browser, the home page fails to load. The home page states, "There was an error loading your home screen. Please try again in a few minutes." I do not have this issue accessing the home page from my phone or my NVIDIA shield.

I can access my libraries in the webUI, but the home screen is broken.

5 hours ago, eatoff said:

Well, navigating to the Plex UI I just get a page of text (like this

may try adding /web or /manage in the end, looks like some very old error from plex ...

and i hope you also tested this from a other device too besides your mobile ;)

On 10/27/2021 at 12:17 PM, alturismo said:

may try adding /web or /manage in the end, looks like some very old error from plex ...

and i hope you also tested this from a other device too besides your mobile ;)

Well, that is embarrassing.... adding /web was it.

When managing my Plex server on my synology i can leave off the /web and it redirects.

Thanks for the help

My issue hasn't gone away, but my troubleshooting has led me to trying to do an integrity check on my Plex DB to see if there's an error.  When attempting to do the check, I'm getting an "unable to open database file" error.  I'm running the PRAGMA integrity_check from inside the Unraid console (actually following Spaceinvaderone's tutorial) and hitting this wall.  I'm logged in as root and I believe the permissions are set correctly for this directory and this DB, yet still nothing actionable.  Has anyone else run into this?

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.09.33 PM.png