[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

How do i log in to plex web ui? what is the username and password? I tried unraid root username and password, doesnt work. how do i reset the user authentication? tried deleting plex docker and deleting appdata\plex folder still same results.

with your plex.tv account credentials.

i managed to log in once i created plex.tv credentials.

Click Add another Path, Port or Variable

Config type:  Path

Name: TV

Container Path: /tv

Host Path: Select where you keep TV shows on your server.

Access Mode: Read/Write

When you're in the Plex webui you'll find your TV shows in /tv

Rinse and repeat for movies, music etc....

I'm looking for some help to update my Plex server to the DVR version.  I am a plex pass user, and I have the downloaded latest beta. 

I saw instructions here to use the numerical values out of the DVR version and enter those in the version variable on my docker.  I made that change and while it said "completed successfully" to didn't actually download or update anything.

my PUID is 99  PGID is 100 and those were set when i downloaded the docker from the community applications.  I only changed the VERSION variable.

I also saw a note to remove something that said a PlexPass variable of 1??  I don't see that one anywhere.

Any help is appreciated. 

I'm looking for some help to update my Plex server to the DVR version.  I am a plex pass user, and I have the downloaded latest beta. 

I saw instructions here to use the numerical values out of the DVR version and enter those in the version variable on my docker.  I made that change and while it said "completed successfully" to didn't actually download or update anything.

my PUID is 99  PGID is 100 and those were set when i downloaded the docker from the community applications.  I only changed the VERSION variable.

I also saw a note to remove something that said a PlexPass variable of 1??  I don't see that one anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Are you actually using the Linuxserver.io plex docker?

Any help is appreciated.

Are you actually using the Linuxserver.io plex docker?

yes, believe so.  under my application it says by: linuxserver/plex:latest..........  even though I have changed the version from "latest"...

The repository is linuxserver/plex

The latest tag is nothing to worry about. It will always say latest, as unraid adds it automatically. This has nothing to do with the variable called VERSION.

The question still remains, what do I need to change to get the DVR version to install.  I have Plexpass, and I have changed the Version number to match the latest version number on the download available to us. 

Please see my original post a few above..

Thanks!

Are you sure you're using the full version number? Look at reply 936 on this thread.

Yes 99.9% certain I had that right.  I will be home about 2:30 EST and will try again.  I'll post here. 

Are PUDI and PGID important to this? 

What did i see about some plex pass setting needing to be changed or removed?  it was much earlier in this tread and i couldnt' find anything that resembled a "plex pass settting"

Can i use the file downloaded from the Plex website to update this install without blowing out my current settings and database?

Are you sure you're using the full version number? Look at reply 936 on this thread.

yes for certain.  x.x.x.xxxx-xxxxxxx

Can it be manually updated with the file I've downloaded an be sure I won't lose my database / library?

How else can i troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

Can it be manually updated with the file I've downloaded an be sure I won't lose my database / library?

Thanks.

If you remove the container and then add it again you should be able to look at the log for that docker and see whether or not it is downloading the correct version.

Thanks.

If you remove the container and then add it again you should be able to look at the log for that docker and see whether or not it is downloading the correct version.

I've sent you a PM, send me the version number you're trying to download and I'll test my end.  And I agree with what trul says as well.  He knows his onions....  8)

Thanks.

Not vastly experienced with dockers.  The only times i've removed plex is for a complete rebuild.  Do I risk loosing the library, or when I re install will it pick right up where it is now?

A few steps to make sure the right version goes back?

Thanks.

Not vastly experienced with dockers.  The only times i've removed plex is for a complete rebuild.  Do I risk loosing the library, or when I re install will it pick right up where it is now?

Your plex library is in your appdata. You can add it back in Community Applications - Previous Apps. Then after it starts  you can look at its log to watch it download from plex.

Thanks.

Going to mark this as solved after discussing with TODDLT over PM re versions etc.

Changed version from 'latest' to 'plexpass' and received error codes and now plex is frozen. I can not stop or restart plex from docker.

__code__:699: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.

Got SIGTERM, quitting.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface virbr0.IPv4 with address 192.xxx.x.xx.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.xx.x.x.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 192.xxx.x.xx.

avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc exiting.

[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...

[cont-finish.d] done.

[s6-finish] syncing disks.

That is the latest text from my plex log file. The log file does not update after trying to stop or restart plex. kill/stop/restart does nothing in terminal. Had the same problem yesterday and I resorted to rm the entire directory and did a fresh plex install. To say that I am a novice in the command line in an understatement, I get anxiety just looking at the terminal icon. I know I am not providing enough information to help diagnose why plex is frozen but was hoping that I can get a push in the right direction.

I read through another thread about the webUI hanging but couldn't decipher what was causing the issue for others.

Changed version from 'latest' to 'plexpass' and received error codes and now plex is frozen. I can not stop or restart plex from docker.

__code__:699: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions. Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.

Got SIGTERM, quitting.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface virbr0.IPv4 with address 192.xxx.x.xx.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.xx.x.x.

Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 192.xxx.x.xx.

avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc exiting.

[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...

[cont-finish.d] done.

[s6-finish] syncing disks.

That is the latest text from my plex log file. The log file does not update after trying to stop or restart plex. kill/stop/restart does nothing in terminal. Had the same problem yesterday and I resorted to rm the entire directory and did a fresh plex install. To say that I am a novice in the command line in an understatement, I get anxiety just looking at the terminal icon. I know I am not providing enough information to help diagnose why plex is frozen but was hoping that I can get a push in the right direction.

I read through another thread about the webUI hanging but couldn't decipher what was causing the issue for others.

See the github link in the first post for instructions on how to select a plex version.

Can the PMS/docker be downgraded to a public version?

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex#setting-up-the-application

The "fun" part is finding an exact version number that doesn't end up a 404 in the Git pull. I have one saved I used to fall back due to Roku issues.

x.x.x.xxxx-xxxxxxx

Its about 3 or 4 weeks back as of today? Hope that helps.

ps. no this is NOT  a dvr version number.

*mod - don't post plexpass version numbers

I am also having Roku issues, Plex has become unwatchable for me. Does anyone have a solution? Is it just to roll back to this magical x.x.x.xxxx-xxxxxxx version number where Roku playback wasn't completely f*cked?

Hi Guys,

I'm still having Plex Server problems.  For some reason (probably me :-[) when I start Plex on my Mac via the Plex.webloc, it constantly fails to find my Server (though it can see my son's).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Plex Docker many times and earlier in the week even went to Dolphin and removed all instances of Plex from my appdata share to make sure it wasn't being confused by previous installations.

I had this working before I "screwed-up" my Parity Drive last Spring, but now that everything is straight again ??? I would like to get it going again.  I'm sure that it's probably something minor but despite pouring over this thread, the Docker application etc.  I'm just not getting it to work.

I would really appreciate some help and maybe the proper config files needed to make this work.  Please :-*!

I've attached a pic of my settings along with a pic of the Plex report when I try to get into my Movies.  Note my MK4-MKV Movies are stored in my Apple "share".  The Movies "share" contain all of my older DVD rips (Video_TS - or VOB type files that I'm slowly converting).

Dave

Screen_Shot_2016-12-16_at_4_48.37_PM.png.3098a58a209ace32c134fdb8362825a8.png

Screen_Shot_2016-12-16_at_4_45.13_PM.png.594d48e8a5313cbfcd94d42dc97a245e.png

Hi Trurl,

I've tried that multiple times.  I've even re-downloaded my Plex App (WEBLOC) link several times as well.  It just doesn't seem to see my movies - "/mnt/user/Apple/MK4-MKV Movies" or "Server" regardless of anything I do to modify the path (now with underscore).  It finds my son's Plex Server but not mine.

Dave