[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

My Plex docker seems to be completely frozen. Can't connect via WebUI or through the Plex app or web interface. Stop and restart just give a failure message after about 30 seconds. Not sure exactly when this started, but it was working great last Thursday, so possibly after the most recent update.

Docker Log

Mappings

2w3w1dw.png

Do you have the original unsupported appstore running? If so, you should remove that and install webtools instead. The original hasn't been maintained in years and I'm surprised it worked this long. Webtools has the unsupported appstore v2 built-in, which has great support on the plex forums.

Just delete that bundle from the plex config folder

How should I access the configuration folder?

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

I have a differing opinion on that.  I vote for /mnt/user/appdata/plex, with the appdata share set to be useCache:Prefer  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg524491#msg524491

Only problem is that IIRC you can't willy-nilly switch between the two methods.  Switching *may* require you to restart your libraries, etc all over again.

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

I have a differing opinion on that.  I vote for /mnt/user/appdata/plex, with the appdata share set to be useCache:Prefer  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg524491#msg524491

Only problem is that IIRC you can't willy-nilly switch between the two methods.  Switching *may* require you to restart your libraries, etc all over again.

He wasn't really asking about how it should be setup, more how to get to /config

Pay attention 007....  8)

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

He wasn't really asking about how it should be setup, more how to get to /config

I paid much attention as you did with your reply, brainiac  8)

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

I paid much attention as you did with your reply, brainiac  8)

NemesisSymbolHyu.png

You're a wanna-be nemesis.  Basically you're just too nice at heart so it all comes off as being phony.  Sparklyballs on the otherhand....

Even jonathanm isn't my nemesis anymore ->  He's reformed  :D

You didn't see this yesterday then?

I meant he's no longer my nemesis

/mnt/cache/appdata/plex

Oh. Docker config folder. DUH

So delete the unsupported appstore folder in appdata and then stop/restart docker? Not quite sure how to get the running docker to see the change.

Alright, I deleted every file I could find with unsupportedappstore in the name. Docker is still frozen. Can't stop or restart. Is there some way to force quit?

You're a wanna-be nemesis.  Basically you're just too nice at heart so it all comes off as being phony.  Sparklyballs on the otherhand....

Even jonathanm isn't my nemesis anymore ->  He's reformed  :D

You didn't see this yesterday then?

I didn't read down all the posts...  You just made the list again

I just noticed that the Plex DVR capability has disappeared.  I have Plex Pass, and had edited the version to pull the Plex DVR Beta version, and everything was fine up until Wednesday night (I recall Wed as I recorded and watched a show that evening).

Now, my server version is 1.3.3.3148, and I cannot seem to run the lower Beta version (I don't want to post the Plex Pass Beta version here).

Any ideas?  Thanks!

The VERSION field of your docker (advanced view) has to be set to the specific version number for the DVR version. If its set to anything else (like "latest") it will retrieve that version specified any time you restart or update the docker.

Yes.  The Version field is set to the Plex Pass Beta version (which I don't want to post here as it is discouraged).

That field has not been touched since the last version change I made, by memory maybe about 8 weeks ago.  It has been working for me since that last version change.

I recorded and watched a DVR video on Wednesday, so this issue has presented itself sometime between ~10pm Wed and ~5pm today when I noticed that the DVR functionality was missing in the Plex client.  I then looked at the Plex Server settings and found that I am somehow on 1.3.3.3148.

I believe, but am not positive, that there was a container update today or yesterday, but again, my version is correct.  I assume that's what has cased this.  Any idea how to remedy?

The VERSION field of your docker (advanced view) has to be set to the specific version number for the DVR version. If its set to anything else (like "latest") it will retrieve that version specified any time you restart or update the docker.

Yes.  The Version field is set to the Plex Pass Beta version (which I don't want to post here as it is discouraged).

That field has not been touched since the last version change I made, by memory maybe about 8 weeks ago.  It has been working for me since that last version change.

I recorded and watched a DVR video on Wednesday, so this issue has presented itself sometime between ~10pm Wed and ~5pm today when I noticed that the DVR functionality was missing in the Plex client.  I then looked at the Plex Server settings and found that I am somehow on 1.3.3.3148.

I believe, but am not positive, that there was a container update today or yesterday, but again, my version is correct.  I assume that's what has cased this.  Any idea how to remedy?

The container has been updated eight times since you set the version, so your assumption that it's the container update which is happening tonight is probably not quite right.  PM me your docker run command, including the version number and I'll take a look.

Link to how to find docker run command in my sig.

The container has been updated eight times since you set the version, so your assumption that it's the container update which is happening tonight is probably not quite right.  PM me your docker run command, including the version number and I'll take a look.

Right...I just intended to say that there was "something" that happened between the time everything worked until now.  I did not want to sound as though "nothing changed".  I've PM'd the info you requested.  Thanks for the support!

Right...I just intended to say that there was "something" that happened between the time everything worked until now.  I did not want to sound as though "nothing changed".  I've PM'd the info you requested.  Thanks for the support!

Just tried.  Did you look at the logs?

[
Atempting to upgrade to: redacted
wget: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by wget)

wget: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by wget)

wget: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by wget)

ERROR: cannot verify downloads.plex.tv's certificate, issued by 'CN=DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA,O=DigiCert Inc,C=US':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to downloads.plex.tv insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

########################################################
# Upgrade attempt failed, this could be because either #

# plex update site is down, local network issues, or #
# you were trying to get a version that simply doesn't #

# exist, check over the VERSION variable thoroughly & #

# correct it or try again later. #
########################################################