[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Edit the container, and change the host mapping for Movies / TV shows / whatever to be /mnt instead of /mnt/user/Movies

 

You will have to redo all your libraries from scratch though.

Would I need to change all the mappings for things like Sonarr, Radarr, HP, NZBget and so on?

Link to comment
Just now, Squid said:

Nope.  They're all store the downloads into /mnt/user.  Plex you're just going to have it directly reference each drive individually so that when it goes to play it doesn't have to search for it.

Ok but then if lets say Movies are split between 3 drives, I have to add 3 mount points?

 

As in /mnt/ I see, disk1,2,3 and cache, user, and user0.

So if I edit Movies, I select disk1 how can I ref disks 2 and 3 on the same share?

Or I'll need to have movies1 to disk1, movies2 to disk2 and so on.

 

Seems like my library is going to end up with a whack ton of share, which kinda sucks a lot.

Is there no other thing we can think of to see why it takes so long? Surely I'm not the only one that is affected by this, otherwise there would be lots of people moaning right?

 

Or do people not know any different?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, SavellM said:

As in /mnt/ I see, disk1,2,3 and cache, user, and user0.

So if I edit Movies, I select disk1 how can I ref disks 2 and 3 on the same share?

Or I'll need to have movies1 to disk1, movies2 to disk2 and so on.

No one mount point.

 

When setting up the library reference eg /mnt/disk1, /mnt/disk2 etc  You're going to have a single mount (with the exception of /config) mapped to Plex, but you select each drive individually for the libraries (a library can have any number of paths assigned to it)

5 minutes ago, SavellM said:

otherwise there would be lots of people moaning right?

To be quite honest, I don't see why anyone would moan about it for videos.  For music its a different story.

Link to comment
Just now, Squid said:

To be quite honest, I don't see why anyone would moan about it for videos.  For music its a different story.

 

Good point I haven't tested my music since moving to unRAID...

 

I'll try the work around, but was just thinking that in the future when I have like 5+ drives its gonna be a ballache.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, SavellM said:

 

Good point I haven't tested my music since moving to unRAID...

 

I'll try the work around, but was just thinking that in the future when I have like 5+ drives its gonna be a ballache.

Really you'll only have to add 1 drive to your Library mapping once, every time you add a new drive to your server. Assuming your movies are split across all your disks that is.  

Edited by jack0w
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, SavellM said:

 

Good point I haven't tested my music since moving to unRAID...

 

I'll try the work around, but was just thinking that in the future when I have like 5+ drives its gonna be a ballache.

Music you should confine the share to a single drive always.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, SavellM said:

Thanks guys,

 

Changed it to drives, tested and media played immediately even with transcoding...

Glad you got it sorted! I have to admit I might try doing the same myself - did you have much customised artwork out of interest? If so did it survive the change of path? 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, jack0w said:

Glad you got it sorted! I have to admit I might try doing the same myself - did you have much customised artwork out of interest? If so did it survive the change of path? 

Nothing customised, just what Plex had scraped itself.

 

I didnt remove my current shares, I just edited them added in the 2 new paths and deleted the old path. (renamed from movies, to movies1, movies2, movies3)

Link to comment
Just now, SavellM said:

Nothing customised, just what Plex had scraped itself.

 

I didnt remove my current shares, I just edited them added in the 2 new paths and deleted the old path. (renamed from movies, to movies1, movies2, movies3)

 Ah ok I've got an awful lot that I've customised myself, might not be so easy for me to make the change ?

Link to comment
On 28.8.2017 at 9:12 PM, Arndroid said:

What device are you using to receive? I am not sure, but there could be driver issues through USB.
If you have a network connect one, like HDHomeRun, then I don't know what it could be from this description though. (Maybe install the HDHomeRun channel on Plex?)

 


Sorry for the late reply.
The problem was a messed up Stream Profile.

After fixing that and restarting the tvheadend and plex server it worked fine.

Link to comment

When Plex starts, I get this in the logs:

# NOTE: Your system does not have udev installed. Without udev #
# you won't be able to use DVBLogic's TVButler for DVR #
# or for LiveTV #
# #
# Please install udev and reinstall Plex Media Server to #
# to enable TV Butler support in Plex Media Server. #
# #
# To install udev run: sudo apt-get install udev #

 

I saw an earlier post that this would only be needed if I was using this tuner.

Which tuner is that?

 

If I use an HDHomeRun would I need to worry about this?

Should I install udev just for clarity's sake?

 

Also I get this: *** WARNING: Detected another IPv6 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

Do I need to worry about this too?

Edited by SavellM
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chaosratt said:

SO there's no way for us to add customization to the docker (such as install handbrakecli for post-processing) that can survive an image update?

 

Not anymore. Only option is to fork it and add it to the docker file and build it yourself. 

 

Link to comment

Ugh, that's basically an even more PITA way of doing the advanced_script, I understand why they don't want to support it, but still, would be nice to have a way of consistently adding packages that we might need to the image. Unless they want to go ahead and add handbrake, ffmpeg, comskip, etc now that plex has native DVR capabilities ...

Link to comment

Hello Guys,

 

have problems with autostart of plex docker. When I start the unraid server plex doesn't autostart even though the autostart button on dockers page is activated. I can start plex manually from within the dockers page. It works smooth when startet.

 

Can you guide me what to look for to fix my autostart problem? Which logs do you need to assist me with my autostart problem?

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Roadini said:

Hello Guys,

 

have problems with autostart of plex docker. When I start the unraid server plex doesn't autostart even though the autostart button on dockers page is activated. I can start plex manually from within the dockers page. It works smooth when startet.

 

Can you guide me what to look for to fix my autostart problem? Which logs do you need to assist me with my autostart problem?

 

Post the docker log as well as a screenshot of your container settings. 

 

Is the config folder on a mounted share/unassigned disk by any chance? 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.