Virtualized unRAID6?

Hey guys

I recently moved over from Esxi to Proxmox. I was running Esxi +  Omnios&Napp-it for the datastore but native zfs on the hypervisor is awesome!

It has been running great since I moved it over using this config for passthrough:

hostpci0: 01:00,pcie=1,driver=vfio,rombar=off

hostpci1: 05:00,pcie=1,driver=vfio,rombar=off

I have both a saslp-mv8 and a m1015 and its really stable using Unraid 5.0.4 but when I tried upgrading to Esxi 6.0.1 I ran into some stability issues.. well atleast one.

What happened is that I was watching a movie and then all of a sudden my logfile was full of reiserfs errors and a non correcting parity check  already had thousands of errors when I canceled it.

I reverted back to 5.0.4 and everything was great again. Did a full parity check without a single error and it's been rock solid since.

I noticed that none of the drives showed temperatures in the webgui after the errors started and I maybe though that all these new features were not playing nice with the VM environment/passthrough

Is anyone running unRAID6 with a passed through controller card and is it stable for you? (apart from that esxi usb reset error). Also I have noticed that I always need to boot unRAID twice when virutalised (both ESXI/Proxmox and every version of unRAID). On the first try I get harware reset messages in the syslog and drive nr9 is missing.. yes always the same drive :P. Then I reboot and everything is fine.. sometimes for months. Nothing big, but a little bit scary/irritating.

TLDR - Unraid6 stable for you on a hypervisor?

unRAID 6.0.1 on ESXi 5.0 is working fine for me.  I will eventually change it to unRAID native I think. 

Another server that is running unRAID 6.0.1 native is currently running 2 32bit Windows VMs just fine so am thinking about swaping all of them from ESXi to unRAID.  Especially since the OS version of SageTV is out now and I can try the Docker of it on the media build of unRAID 6.0.1.  If that works for me I can drop 2 of my 3 Windows VMs that are currently running SageTV servers.  I can use the Docker on unRAID 6 media builds to replace them.  Because of my nVidia DualTV and the lack of Linux drivers for it will mean I still have to use a Windows VM and the Windows version of SageTV for one box.  But it will likely be moved to unRAID native and a Windows VM.