UnRaid EMHTTP and SMB Locking UP

FredG89

After I updated to 6.0.1, my unraid server has become unstable. The Emby plugin that I have for PHAZE stops randomly and the EMHTTP and the SMB lock up just about every day. Most of my drives have reiserfs, one using xfs and my cache using btrfs. Does anyone know if these different systems would cause this issue?

I have not tried to run UnRaid without Emby. I will do that today. Run it for the next few 2-3 days and see what happens and no, I haven't put emby in a docker yet. Is there a guide for that? Not sure how that would work as my emby plugin now uses about 60 GB of my cache drive.

Fred,

Need to isolate the issue here.  If you remove Emby (and any other plugins you may be using) from the equation, do your other issues still persist (SMB lockups, EMHTTP freezing)?

Have you tried running Emby in a Docker Container yet?

I've run the computer in safe mode for a couple of days now and it was working fine. Now my emhttp has frozen up and my "Media" folder has completely disappeared. I have not rebooted the computer yet, as I wanted you all to see. I can still access the cache, disks and even play media from them, but the Media folder where everything is aggregated is gone.

Bg4pbKU.png

Couldn't help but notice you are using Windows 10.  If you try to connect using a different device, does the share show up?

If you try connecting to the webgui from another device (even mobile) does that work?

No, when I connect with network browser on my phone. It displays the same. The folder was there before UnRaid stopped responding and I noticed in the log that it says:

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Impastor

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/Impastor/

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Key & Peele/Key & Peele - 05x07 - MC Mom.mkv

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/Key & Peele/

Aug 21 03:40:17 homesrv01 logger: >f+++++++++ Media/TV Shows/Key & Peele/Key & Peele - 05x07 - MC Mom.mkv

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Key & Peele

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/Key & Peele/

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Under The Dome/Under the Dome - 03x10 - Legacy.mkv

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/Under The Dome/

Aug 21 03:40:20 homesrv01 logger: >f+++++++++ Media/TV Shows/Under The Dome/Under the Dome - 03x10 - Legacy.mkv

Aug 21 03:40:38 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Under The Dome

Aug 21 03:40:38 homesrv01 logger: .d..t...... Media/TV Shows/Under The Dome/

Aug 21 03:40:38 homesrv01 logger: ./Media/TV Shows/Rogue/Rogue - 03x09 - Chicagoland.mkv

Aug 21 04:41:09 homesrv01 kernel: mdcmd (87): spindown 1

Aug 21 04:41:11 homesrv01 kernel: mdcmd (88): spindown 6

Aug 21 04:42:02 homesrv01 kernel: mdcmd (89): spindown 10

Aug 21 07:16:36 homesrv01 avahi-daemon[1827]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.10.

Like I said, I can get to the root and I can go to the individual disks and play media...but this is around the same time that UnRaid would stop responding and lock up in its regular mode.

Fred, can you please upload the diagnostics zip file under Tools -> Diagnostics?  I want to review more than just your syslog.

Sorry about that. Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwwn70pjibw7mbq/homesrv01-diagnostics-20150822-1315.zip?dl=0

I see you have a Marvell SATA controller and I know there have been some issues with these controllers when IOMMU is activated in the BIOS.  Look for any settings relating to Intel VT-d, Virtualization, or IOMMU and try disabling them.  Can't remember if this only affected certain Marvell controllers or not, but it'd be a pretty quick thing to test to rule things out.  Can you give that a shot?

Fred, can you please upload the diagnostics zip file under Tools -> Diagnostics?  I want to review more than just your syslog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwwn70pjibw7mbq/homesrv01-diagnostics-20150822-1315.zip?dl=0

I see you have a Marvell SATA controller and I know there have been some issues with these controllers when IOMMU is activated in the BIOS.  Look for any settings relating to Intel VT-d, Virtualization, or IOMMU and try disabling them.  Can't remember if this only affected certain Marvell controllers or not, but it'd be a pretty quick thing to test to rule things out.  Can you give that a shot?

Ok, will try that as soon as emby finishes pulling metadata.

None of that was enabled.

Archived