Upgrading to unRAID 6.0.1 - Array Won't Start

I am currently running unRAID 5.0.5 with a Pro license. My hardware setup is in my signature.

Since unRAID has been so stable, I have not had a need to keep up with recent developments since I upgraded from 4.7 (been so long, can't remember actual date).  I have tried reading as much as I can and have my spare USB Flash configured for a clean install of unRAID 6.0.1.  My current installation is simple with only uuMenu and the following packages: SMTP, iperf, ntfs-3g.  I plan to reassign my drives (1 parity, 1 cache, 20 data) and recreate my users.

Here are a few last questions I have:

[*]Is it better to reassign drives and recreate users than to migrate my current configuration or it doesn't matter?

[*]Am I correct that the cache pool slots count toward the 25 device limit?

[*]I plan to have drives outside of the array, so with the Pro license, am I limited to the attached devices limit?  If yes, is the limit 25?

[*]Is KVM the preferred VM?

[*]My E6500 does not support VT-d, so does that mean drives on the PCIe & PCI-x slots cannot be used to run Winows 7?

Mainly the first 3 questions is my main concerns for upgrading so that I can plan my cache pool appropriately (may have to free up some slots).

Updated:

My apologies, I should have posted in the sticky upgrade thread.  I tried removing this topic, but it appears I cannot.

I am currently running unRAID 5.0.5 with a Pro license. My hardware setup is in my signature.

Since unRAID has been so stable, I have not had a need to keep up with recent developments since I upgraded from 4.7 (been so long, can't remember actual date).  I have tried reading as much as I can and have my spare USB Flash configured for a clean install of unRAID 6.0.1.  My current installation is simple with only uuMenu and the following packages: SMTP, iperf, ntfs-3g.  I plan to reassign my drives (1 parity, 1 cache, 20 data) and recreate my users.

Here are a few last questions I have:

[*]Is it better to reassign drives and recreate users than to migrate my current configuration or it doesn't matter?

[*]Am I correct that the cache pool slots count toward the 25 device limit?

[*]I plan to have drives outside of the array, so with the Pro license, am I limited to the attached devices limit?  If yes, is the limit 25?

[*]Is KVM the preferred VM?

[*]My E6500 does not support VT-d, so does that mean drives on the PCIe & PCI-x slots cannot be used to run Winows 7?

Mainly the first 3 questions is my main concerns for upgrading so that I can plan my cache pool appropriately (may have to free up some slots).

I'll try to answer what I can, someone else can help better with the virtualization ...

1. Since you are running v5.0.5, I can't think of any advantages either way, except migrating with your current config would be less work.  I'd do an 'upgrade' install.  I assume you have reviewed the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide?

2 & 3. You have a Pro license, which is effectively an unlimited license, no worries on attached devices.

4. KVM is the hypervisor, included with the current Linux kernels included with unRAID.  It enables the VM support.

My apologies, I should have posted in the sticky upgrade thread.  I tried removing this topic, but it appears I cannot.

No problem.

Thanks robj.  I have decided to migrate instead of a clean install.  May take the leap tonight since the spare flash drive is ready to go.  My parity check just completed and I will read through the upgrade guide on last time to make sure I did not miss anything.

One more question:

Upgrading to version 5.0.5, I ran the permission command and so I would not have to run that command again.  Is this correct?