[Support] Linuxserver.io - MariaDB

Hello

Think figured out the command information from the other post but I had removed the Docker and reinstalled and now I can not find "my.cnf"

I have the config pointed a /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb

It was there when i first started this venture :)

Update:

Guess the my.conf wasnt there I used the custom.cnf

As below I used the bash command and somehow got everything to start working.  Took a few attempts but all is well.  I used Heidi to ensure that Kodi was writing to DB

------------------------------------------

Found this in another post

docker exec -t -i "container id" /bin/bash

You can get the container ID from the docker tab or by typing "docker ps" at the command line.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34555.0

Also when i was using unRaid 5 with MySqL I used this information to help set up.  Can someone walk me through the putty command lines for this docker please

$sudo apt-get install mysql-server (see also: https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/mysql.html )

Create a password when asked

To configure MySQL to listen for connections from network hosts, edit /etc/mysql/my.cnf and change the bind-address directive to the server's IP address:

to: bind-address = 192.168.0.5

Note: Replace 192.168.0.5 with the appropriate address.

Note: To allow both local and remote access (i.e. from both the MySQL host to itself and also from other clients), either comment out the bind-address using a hash (#) to disable it, or use bind-address = 0.0.0.0 to open it completely.

Restart your MySQL server. $sudo restart mysql

Get into the MySQL command line utility: $mysql -u root -p

Enter the following commands:

Type in: CREATE USER 'kodi' IDENTIFIED BY 'kodi'; and press return

Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi'; and press return

Type in: flush privileges; and press return

Close out the command line tool with \q]

Glad I haven't tried to upgrade Kodi yet, I noticed the requirment.  I'm still using Needo's old MariaDB docker, and was planning on migrating my databases to this docker with HeidiSQL before upgrading Kodi.  I suppose I will hold off until it's updated to 10.1.12.

currently (as in literally right at this very moment, working on moving over to 10.1)

Any luck with moving to 10.1? I upgraded Kodi to Jarvis (16.0) and it keeps crushing. I checked Kodi forums and it says that MariaDB users should upgrade to 10.1.12. Please help!

Glad I haven't tried to upgrade Koki yet, I noticed the requirment.  I'm still using Needo's old MariaDB docker, and was planning on migrating my databases to this docker with HeidiSQL before upgrading Kodi.  I suppose I will hold that off until it's updated to 10.1.12.

currently (as in literally right at this very moment, working on moving over to 10.1)

Any luck with moving to 10.1? I upgraded Kodi to Jarvis (16.0) and it keeps crushing. I checked Kodi forums and it says that MariaDB users should upgrade to 10.1.12. Please help!

let's get one thing straight, this docker was never vulnerable to the 10.1 issues, because it was migrated straight from 10.0 branch to a 10.1 version later than the afflicted version.

I'm entirely sure what you are referring to, but it appears Kodi (OpenElec in my case) is requiring MariaDB 10.1.12 as stated here.  I haven't actually tried this docker yet, any feedback is appreciated.

http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/80664-beta-openelec-7-0-beta-1-released?start=15

Glad I haven't tried to upgrade Koki yet, I noticed the requirment.  I'm still using Needo's old MariaDB docker, and was planning on migrating my databases to this docker with HeidiSQL before upgrading Kodi.  I suppose I will hold that off until it's updated to 10.1.12.

let's get one thing straight, this docker was never vulnerable to the 10.1 issues, because it was migrated straight from 10.0 branch to a 10.1 version later than the afflicted version.

I'm entirely sure what you are referring to, but it appears Kodi (OpenElec in my case) is requiring MariaDB 10.1.12 as stated here.  I haven't actually tried this docker yet, any feedback is appreciated.

http://openelec.tv/forum/120-news-announcements/80664-beta-openelec-7-0-beta-1-released?start=15

again, 10.1 versions prior to 10.1.12 were affected by a null table bug, hence mariadb 10.1 branch for kodi 16.1 requiring 10.1.12 and above.

10.0 is unaffected and still works.

but this docker now has

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.12-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

Got it, sorry .. Should have looked deeper than version #'s, and possibly even tried it.  Appreciate your hard work.

again, 10.1 versions prior to 10.1.12 were affected by a null table bug, hence mariadb 10.1 branch for kodi 16.1 requiring 10.1.12 and above.

10.0 is unaffected and still works.

but this docker now has

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.12-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

Glad I haven't tried to upgrade Kodi yet, I noticed the requirment.  I'm still using Needo's old MariaDB docker, and was planning on migrating my databases to this docker with HeidiSQL before upgrading Kodi.  I suppose I will hold off until it's updated to 10.1.12.

It turns out that my Kodi problem was not related to MariaDB version. The database got corrupted during the upgrade, so I  just dropped it and reapplied the upgrade. Works fine now.

Hi,

hope you could give me a hint. At the moment i´m using needo MariaDB. I mean it is a 5.x MariaDB Version. For kodi 16 MariaDB 10.1.12 is needed. Before i try if kodi16 is working with my db i want to migrate to this version with mariadb 10.1.12. Could i install this docker with an other port and copy my db from 5.x to this version or how is the best methode to migrate from my old version to this version ?

Or should i make a kodi backup and make a complete new db ?

Hi,

hope you could give me a hint. At the moment i´m using needo MariaDB. I mean it is a 5.x MariaDB Version. For kodi 16 MariaDB 10.1.12 is needed. Before i try if kodi16 is working with my db i want to migrate to this version with mariadb 10.1.12. Could i install this docker with an other port and copy my db from 5.x to this version or how is the best methode to migrate from my old version to this version ?

Or should i make a kodi backup and make a complete new db ?

KODI DOES NOT REQUIRE 10.1.12, 10.0X 5.X OF MARIADB WORK FINE.

only certain versions of the 10.1x branch were affected by a null table bug.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am unable to create the container, seems my unRaid (v6.1.9) server is unable to pull the image.

This is my first container, however I have managed to install/update apps/plugins, so the server has internet access.

Pulling image: linuxserver/mariadb:latest
IMAGE ID [74de922b9e36]: Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb. Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. Error pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [74de922b9e36]: Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Any ideas?

Edit: The problem is on my server. A different docker, same result. Still....have no clue what causes it.

Pulling image: gfjardim/crashplan:latest
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan. Pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. Error pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [aee938d09f63]: Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from gfjardim/crashplan, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

• 1 month later...

Successful installation of MariaDB on unRaid 6.1.9.  I'm able to access the container and execute commands.  FS running and I can see the default installation file structure.  All is well.

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20160724-02gk-147kb.jpg[/img]

Then I try to connect to the MariaDB using SQLWorkbench (latest version) so I can setup some databases, etc.  But it won't connect.  I've verified the root password from within the MariaDB Docker...

When I try to connect I use Standard TCP/IP (all defaults) using the server IP name (I can access all the server resources from my Windows 10 64 bit machine).  It goes through a short process, then MYSQL Workbench crashes.

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20160724-xf0w-68kb.jpg[/img]

What am I missing?  Is there some other security setup needed (SSH?)...

Thanks!

Well, all I can suggest is that you try HeidiSQL and see if you can connect with that.  If that works then it's a problem with MySQL Workbench config as HeidiSQL definitely works.

If HeidiSQL doesn't work then there's something not right with your config.

Just to check, you have specified the appdata share using /mnt/cache not /mnt/user haven't you?

Did you set the password in the gui?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Do you need to do something special when you shut down this docker?

I needed to do a reboot and can no longer talk to my DB

"Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.16' (10061)"

I also lost contact with my DB about 3 months ago with the same issue i think.

anytime I restart, no more connection with it

The only thing i use it for is KODI

I have 2 machines running openELEC 6.0.3 that access it.

the error file will just grow with the same output more or less repeating itself

any help or ideas for me?

8b80faf6a9ba.err.txt

Hi,

Posting these at the request of CHBMB. My MariaDB doesn't seem to want to set its binlog_format to mixed, which is presenting problems for NextCloud. My custom.cnf is basically the default just with changed binlog_format.

## custom configuration file, please be aware that changing options here may break things

[mysqld_safe]
nice		= 0

[mysqld]
max_connections		= 100
connect_timeout		= 5
wait_timeout		= 600
max_allowed_packet	= 16M
thread_cache_size       = 128
sort_buffer_size	= 4M
bulk_insert_buffer_size	= 16M
tmp_table_size		= 32M
max_heap_table_size	= 32M
#
# * MyISAM
#
# This replaces the startup script and checks MyISAM tables if needed
# the first time they are touched. On error, make copy and try a repair.
myisam_recover_options = BACKUP
key_buffer_size		= 128M
#open-files-limit	= 2000
table_open_cache	= 400
myisam_sort_buffer_size	= 512M
concurrent_insert	= 2
read_buffer_size	= 2M
read_rnd_buffer_size	= 1M
#
# * Query Cache Configuration
#
# Cache only tiny result sets, so we can fit more in the query cache.
query_cache_limit		= 128K
query_cache_size		= 64M
# for more write intensive setups, set to DEMAND or OFF
#query_cache_type		= DEMAND
#
# * Logging and Replication
#
# Both location gets rotated by the cronjob.
# Be aware that this log type is a performance killer.
# As of 5.1 you can enable the log at runtime!
#general_log_file        = /config/log/mysql/mysql.log
#general_log             = 1
#
# Error logging goes to syslog due to /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqld_safe_syslog.cnf.
#
# we do want to know about network errors and such
log_warnings		= 2
#
# Enable the slow query log to see queries with especially long duration
#slow_query_log[={0|1}]
slow_query_log_file	= /config/log/mysql/mariadb-slow.log
long_query_time = 10
#log_slow_rate_limit	= 1000
log_slow_verbosity	= query_plan

#log-queries-not-using-indexes
#log_slow_admin_statements
#
# The following can be used as easy to replay backup logs or for replication.
# note: if you are setting up a replication slave, see README.Debian about
#       other settings you may need to change.
#server-id		= 1
#report_host		= master1
#auto_increment_increment = 2
#auto_increment_offset	= 1
log_bin			= /config/log/mysql/mariadb-bin
log_bin_index		= /config/log/mysql/mariadb-bin.index
# not fab for performance, but safer
#sync_binlog		= 1
expire_logs_days	= 10
max_binlog_size         = 100M
# slaves
#relay_log		= /config/log/mysql/relay-bin
#relay_log_index	= /config/log/mysql/relay-bin.index
#relay_log_info_file	= /config/log/mysql/relay-bin.info
#log_slave_updates
#read_only
#
# If applications support it, this stricter sql_mode prevents some
# mistakes like inserting invalid dates etc.
#sql_mode		= NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,TRADITIONAL
#
# * InnoDB
#
# InnoDB is enabled by default with a 10MB datafile in /var/lib/mysql/.
# Read the manual for more InnoDB related options. There are many!
default_storage_engine	= InnoDB
# you can't just change log file size, requires special procedure
#innodb_log_file_size	= 50M
innodb_buffer_pool_size	= 256M
innodb_log_buffer_size	= 8M
innodb_file_per_table	= 1
innodb_open_files	= 400
innodb_io_capacity	= 400
innodb_flush_method	= O_DIRECT
#
# * Security Features
#
# Read the manual, too, if you want chroot!
# chroot = /var/lib/mysql/
#
# For generating SSL certificates I recommend the OpenSSL GUI "tinyca".
#
# ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/cacert.pem
# ssl-cert=/etc/mysql/server-cert.pem
# ssl-key=/etc/mysql/server-key.pem

#
# * Galera-related settings
#
[galera]
# Mandatory settings
#wsrep_on=ON
#wsrep_provider=
#wsrep_cluster_address=
binlog_format=mixed
#default_storage_engine=InnoDB
#innodb_autoinc_lock_mode=2
#
# Allow server to accept connections on all interfaces.
#
#bind-address=0.0.0.0
#
# Optional setting
#wsrep_slave_threads=1
#innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0

[mysqldump]
quick
quote-names
max_allowed_packet	= 16M

[mysql]
#no-auto-rehash	# faster start of mysql but no tab completion

[isamchk]
key_buffer_size		= 16M

If I run:

show variables like "binlog_format";

I get a binlog_format of STATEMENT (IE: default)

Thanks for the help!

Screen_Shot_2016-09-10_at_20_05_24.png.292cf156022a7075aa9548a33bcc8213.png