[Support] Linuxserver.io - MariaDB

Yes it is, /mnt/user/Configs is a cache only share, that maps to /mnt/cache/Configs

I know that, but at the same time the way the FUSE filesystem is handled by docker means that specifying /mnt/cache/ (ie a direct disk share) can fix problems caused by using /mnt/user/ even though they are exactly the same place.

Also if you take dlandon's advice as well it would be sensible, as a standard has evolved through Unraid that /config is normally mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/application.

Yes it is, /mnt/user/Configs is a cache only share, that maps to /mnt/cache/Configs

You are writing the mariadb config files directly to a share.  If the "Config" share is used by other Dockers, you have a mess on your hands.  The idea is Docker files go to /mnt/cache/appdata with a unique folder for each Docker.  In this case it should be: /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb/ and the config folder is created there for mariadb.

Try to stay with the standard nomenclature so we can offer you help.  Your non-standard configuration is very confusing and hard for us to support.

You are writing the mariadb config files directly to a share.  If the "Config" share is used by other Dockers, you have a mess on your hands.  The idea is Docker files go to /mnt/cache/appdata with a unique folder for each Docker.  In this case it should be: /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb/ and the config folder is created there for mariadb.

Try to stay with the standard nomenclature so we can offer you help.  Your non-standard configuration is very confusing and hard for us to support.

This ^^^^

Like I wrote in my guide.  Generally until you're really familiar with the workings of stuff best to stick to the standard way of doing things,

Ah I see, my apologies. However, changing it doesn't fix the issue. It still shows up as STATEMENT :/

I have no idea what you're doing, or how things are setup, but I'm very confident it's a problem with how you're doing things.  I suspect the way forward will be to hose your config and start afresh.

1.  Create a USE CACHE ONLY share called appdata.

2.  Delete mariadb & delete any config folders you've already got

3.  Reinstall mariadb and be sure to enter the correct path for the appdata...

/mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb-nextcloud/

Ah I see, my apologies. However, changing it doesn't fix the issue. It still shows up as STATEMENT :/

I have no idea what you're doing, or how things are setup, but I'm very confident it's a problem with how you're doing things.  I suspect the way forward will be to hose your config and start afresh.

1.  Create a USE CACHE ONLY share called appdata.

2.  Delete mariadb & delete any config folders you've already got

3.  Reinstall mariadb and be sure to enter the correct path for the appdata...

/mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb-nextcloud/

Right, I think I fixed it. Entirely deleting the image and the container, instead of just removing the container, and reinstalling, it now keeps the mixed setting! I have no idea why or how, but thank you for your assistance.

I did try and tell you to do that a while ago....  ;)

Oh no not the config folders, actually choosing "delete container and image" instead of just "delete container" from the docker menu on deleting :P Unless that is what you meant by configs xD

Well if you don't delete the image then it'll just be reused when you install the container again.....

• 2 weeks later...

-rw-r----- 1 abc abc 998K Nov 15 02:24 Docker-Server.err

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc  16K Nov 15 02:15 aria_log.00000001

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc  52 Nov 15 02:15 aria_log_control

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc  48M Nov 15 02:24 ib_logfile0

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc  48M Nov 15 02:14 ib_logfile1

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc  12M Nov 15 02:15 ibdata1

-rw-rw---- 1 abc abc    0 Nov 15 02:14 multi-master.info

drwx------ 2 abc abc 4.0K Nov 15 02:14 mysql

drwx------ 2 abc abc 4.0K Nov 14 20:16 performance_schema

your mysql folder has different ownership to mine.

I seem to have the same ownership as ridge. Do I need to perform the same fix he did?

At this point, I'm not having any issues at all as I've just installed (within the last 30 minutes) for the very first time the LS.io mariaDB docker. I'd just like to get this squared away before doing anything else.

Here's mine:

drwxr-xr-x 1 abc users      344 Sep 26 19:23 .
drwxrwxrwx 1 abc users      136 Sep 26 19:23 ..
-rw-r----- 1 abc users     2121 Sep 26 19:23 46aa7177f8fa.err
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users    16384 Sep 26 19:23 aria_log.00000001
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users       52 Sep 26 19:23 aria_log_control
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users 50331648 Sep 26 19:23 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users 50331648 Sep 26 19:23 ib_logfile1
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users 12582912 Sep 26 19:23 ibdata1
-rw-rw---- 1 abc users        0 Sep 26 19:23 multi-master.info
drwx------ 1 abc users     2976 Sep 26 19:23 mysql
drwx------ 1 abc users       72 Sep 26 19:23 performance_schema

Here's the fix I'm referring to: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42422.msg420112#msg420112