[Support] Linuxserver.io - MariaDB

On 4/27/2018 at 6:45 PM, dimes007 said:

Everytime CA Backup stopping and starting dockers affects nextcloud I google "unraid hulk smash" to get back here to fix it.

I may never remember how to get a shell prompt in my docker and then do # mysqld --tc-heuristic-recover commit

I may never forget:  "hulk smash"   

Thanks chaosratt.

Many thanks, you saved me a lot of time.

I am not sure what exactly happened, I am running unraid since 1 year incl. Nextcloud and MariaDB.

Today I restarted the UnRaid-Server via the Frontend and then MariaDB didnt came back anymore.

I tired the options from Page1, but without success. Your hint was then the solution!

Br,

Johannes

Hi,

after long time i want to upgrade my unraid os from 6.3 to 6.5.2. So i start the Fix Common Problems Plugin. The plugin told me that my MariaDB docker from needo  is no longer recommended to utilize it. Could i switch from needo version to this version ? How could i make this ? deinstall needo container, then install this container an set the same Host path ? I dont want to lost all my kodi db.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 9:23 AM, ebnerjoh said:

Many thanks, you saved me a lot of time.

I am not sure what exactly happened, I am running unraid since 1 year incl. Nextcloud and MariaDB.

Today I restarted the UnRaid-Server via the Frontend and then MariaDB didnt came back anymore.

I tired the options from Page1, but without success. Your hint was then the solution!

Br,

Johannes

I had the issue again. I am using the Backup/Restore Tool which is shutting down also the dockers. After starting up I had again the issue with MariaDB.

Br,

Johannes

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. Ran into a problem I cannot seem to find an answer for. I upgraded my mariadb docker today and then started to experience black screen when trying to load anything on my kodi box. Something like 45 to 60 seconds for each selection made. Did not have the issue before I updated, and I mean literally 2 minuets tops before I updated.  Only thing the log showed was the custom.cnf is ignored that I fixed by changing the permissions to 644 I had found on a post. I think it was somewhere in this post. Here is the log that shows the cnf is ignored and that i have it fixed after the restart.

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30_config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30_config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Warning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignored
Warning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignored
180904 00:57:48 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
180904 00:57:48 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases
Caught SIGTERM signal!
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

GID/UID

[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
180904 01:05:24 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
180904 01:05:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

I also read somewhere to rename the appdata/mariadb/log to log-old and that did not help either.

Like I was saying I can connect to the db it but it now takes a while for the results. I tested to make sure the Kodi box ghost was not acting up again by logging into the db via HeidiSQL on my desktop. Got the same long wait time for Heidi to open up. Did not seem to have any delay after logged in though.

Hi guys. Ran into a problem I cannot seem to find an answer for. I upgraded my mariadb docker today and then started to experience black screen when trying to load anything on my kodi box. Something like 45 to 60 seconds for each selection made. Did not have the issue before I updated, and I mean literally 2 minuets tops before I updated.  Only thing the log showed was the custom.cnf is ignored that I fixed by changing the permissions to 644 I had found on a post. I think it was somewhere in this post. Here is the log that shows the cnf is ignored and that i have it fixed after the restart.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...[fix-attrs.d] done.[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...usermod: no changes-------------------------------------_ ()| | ___ _ __| | / __| | | / \| | \__ \ | | | () ||_| |___/ |_| \__/Brought to you by linuxserver.ioWe gratefully accept donations at:https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/-------------------------------------GID/UID-------------------------------------User uid: 99User gid: 100-------------------------------------[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.[cont-init.d] 30_config: executing...[cont-init.d] 30_config: exited 0.[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: executing...[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: exited 0.[cont-init.d] done.[services.d] starting services[services.d] done.Warning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignoredWarning: World-writable config file '/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' is ignored180904 00:57:48 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.180904 00:57:48 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databasesCaught SIGTERM signal![cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...[cont-finish.d] done.[s6-finish] syncing disks.[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...[fix-attrs.d] done.[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...usermod: no changes-------------------------------------_ ()| | ___ _ __| | / __| | | / \| | \__ \ | | | () ||_| |___/ |_| \__/Brought to you by linuxserver.ioWe gratefully accept donations at:https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/-------------------------------------GID/UID-------------------------------------User uid: 99User gid: 100-------------------------------------[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.[cont-init.d] 30_config: executing...[cont-init.d] 30_config: exited 0.[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: executing...[cont-init.d] 40-initialise-db: exited 0.[cont-init.d] done.[services.d] starting services[services.d] done.180904 01:05:24 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.180904 01:05:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

I also read somewhere to rename the appdata/mariadb/log to log-old and that did not help either.

Like I was saying I can connect to the db it but it now takes a while for the results. I tested to make sure the Kodi box ghost was not acting up again by logging into the db via HeidiSQL on my desktop. Got the same long wait time for Heidi to open up. Did not seem to have any delay after logged in though.

Almost sounds like the database is being stored on the array, and the drive(s) are spun down

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

I double checked that and its on the cache drive. I don't believe its a network issue. Video streams fine when I get to it. I have no problems browsing the shares from my desktop (win 10 btw).

I am at a loss on what could be causing it.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that Fix Common Problems returns with no errors or warnings after scanning. Not sure if that helps any or not.

Edited by Vlash

Thanks for that. Fortunately, or unfortunately depends on how you look at it, it's working now. Got home from dentist and prepping to revert back to local db on Kodi. Everything was running smooth. No issues since either.

While I'm kinda glad it's working, I'm a little uneasy not knowing what the cause is, or was, and if/when it happens again.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my wordpress site, in its own docker to a mariadb docker. In the wordpress setup for the database host i've entered 192.168.0.83:3306 (trying both with and without the port) but I get an error establishing database connection. (User permissions are set correctly for the database)

See the attached image for port & ip details. Is there anything obvious that i'm missing?

Thanks.

docker.JPG

31 minutes ago, jmmrly said:

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my wordpress site, in its own docker to a mariadb docker. In the wordpress setup for the database host i've entered 192.168.0.83:3306 (trying both with and without the port) but I get an error establishing database connection. (User permissions are set correctly for the database)

See the attached image for port & ip details. Is there anything obvious that i'm missing?

Thanks.

docker.JPG

Looks like your WordPress container has its own IP and mariadb is using the host network. You will not be able to talk to the mariadb container as this is a security thing in docker. 

You can try to route it in your router or move the mariadb container to it's own IP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: I fixed the issue by deleting the mariaDB appdata directory and re-installing.

Good evening,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my new docker install of mariaDB. I just set the password and then started the docker container, and when I send the command:

mysql -uroot -p

and then type in my password all I get back is:

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Within the docker container logs this is what I am seeing:

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

GID/UID

[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] done.
181004 19:03:40 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
181004 19:03:40 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

I noticed that the advice to one poster was to view the first post and perform the steps there and as I don't have a backup because this is a new install I just performed the following:

docker exec -it mariadb bash
mv /config/log/ /config/log-old/
exit
docker restart mariadb

However I am still getting the same results. I have copied and pasted the password directly from the docker editing page, typed it in manually and still I get the same message. Am I missing something really simple here?

Thank you in advance for your help

Edited by gmccall13
Fixed the issue.
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey people.... its my first post here... 🖐️

I reply to this thread... because i got a broken DB two times now...

181031 16:27:23 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases
181031 16:27:24 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
181031 16:27:24 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases
181031 16:27:25 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
181031 16:27:25 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases
181031 16:27:26 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
181031 16:27:26 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

Unraid: 6.6.3

MariaDB-Docker: up2date-latest!

I just want to understand, why this always happens... i use this DB for a nextcloud installation, and so it is very frustrating to reset the db all the time!

Could it be, that the caching of the SSD-Appdatapool destroys the DB?

Because, for the first attempt, i thought that a dockercontainerupdate brakes the DB, but the last time, there was no update!

So could it be a solution, to place the new DB on a "no-cached" area!?

Thanks for advice!

CSUNO 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:55 AM, csuno said:

Hey people.... its my first post here... 🖐️

I reply to this thread... because i got a broken DB two times now...

Unraid: 6.6.3

MariaDB-Docker: up2date-latest!

I just want to understand, why this always happens... i use this DB for a nextcloud installation, and so it is very frustrating to reset the db all the time!

Could it be, that the caching of the SSD-Appdatapool destroys the DB?

Because, for the first attempt, i thought that a dockercontainerupdate brakes the DB, but the last time, there was no update!

So could it be a solution, to place the new DB on a "no-cached" area!?

Thanks for advice!

CSUNO 

What do you mean reset it and how do you do that? Cause I'm getting this now and can't get it back up.

Fixed it, run mysqld_safe --log-error=er.log

then go to databases\er.log to see what is wrong.

I had to delete my ib_log files for some reason

Edited by phiyuku
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, phiyuku said:

What do you mean reset it and how do you do that? Cause I'm getting this now and can't get it back up.

Fixed it, run mysqld_safe --log-error=er.log

then go to databases\er.log to see what is wrong.

I had to delete my ib_log files for some reason

Super thank you for this! solved my same problem too ❤️

On 11/4/2018 at 7:19 PM, csuno said:

I meant... to reinstall (blank).

But your hint to delete all ib_log files solved my problem! What is wrong with them? Why do they prevent the mysqld to start?

😁

Last time i had this quoted problem with my mariadb container...wich is solved...

Now, several days later, i get this...

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report. More details can be found in the server log.

When i restart my containers, it works, and after some seconds i get this message... also my loginpage seems to work as normal. Just when i login, i got this!

Is there something wrong, with the last containerupdates? Do you know, how i can fix this up?

😔

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Unraid no problem with no password but if I put in one in key 3 I got this:

# mysql -u root -p
Enter password: mypassword
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
#

646UUNh.png

And when try to create a database with root user with no password I get this error:

MariaDB [(none)]> CREATE USER 'kodi' IDENTIFIED BY 'kodi';
ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'kodi'@'%'

Edited by stormense