[Support] Linuxserver.io - MySQL

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: MySQL

Application Site: https://www.mysql.com/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/mysql/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-mysql

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, rather use the linuxserver.io forum for support.

• Upvote 1

Is there any info on how this docker is better or compares to the official mysql docker image? I'm guessing this is built on phusion, but are there any other advantages?

the initialisation script is a modified version of the mysql official container script so in that respect it's no better or worse than the official image.

this image however updates dependencies and the main app upon restart, assuming of course there are updates available.

but the strongest aspect that differentiates this container is the ability to define an id and group id to run the app and save files outside of the container.

in unraid terms that means nobody:users , but in general it can be set to suit any system. that's transparent to unraid users though as the template already sets that up for you.

• 11 months later...

I've tried searching for this information on both google and the unraid forums but I could not find what I needed.  How can I update this version of MySQL.  According to the MySQL workbench I'm currently running 5.5.49-0ubunti0.14.04.1, is there any way to upgrade to 5.7.14?  When I click check for updates it claims it's up to date, is that because this isn't the official MySQL docker and therefore does not have the same update path? I deleted the entire docker once already and tried to install it as a new docker container, yet it still had the same version number, I thought I remembered an issue with unraid Pre 6.2 having issues with updating.  Currently im running UnRaid 6.2.0-rc2.  I have RC3 at home and have the exact same issue with this docker.  I guess I just don't know a whole lot about the whole docker on UnRaid yet.

I've tried searching for this information on both google and the unraid forums but I could not find what I needed.  How can I update this version of MySQL.  According to the MySQL workbench I'm currently running 5.5.49-0ubunti0.14.04.1, is there any way to upgrade to 5.7.14?  When I click check for updates it claims it's up to date, is that because this isn't the official MySQL docker and therefore does not have the same update path? I deleted the entire docker once already and tried to install it as a new docker container, yet it still had the same version number, I thought I remembered an issue with unraid Pre 6.2 having issues with updating.  Currently im running UnRaid 6.2.0-rc2.  I have RC3 at home and have the exact same issue with this docker.  I guess I just don't know a whole lot about the whole docker on UnRaid yet.

If you have the same version on both servers the linuxio guys haven't updated the container. Since it reports Ubuntu 14.04 the latest version there is 5.5.50, so not a big upgrade anyway.

You just have to wait until they release a container based on a newer base image.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you guys update the container? Please and thank you. :)

As I answered in the post above you, 5.5.50 is the latest version on ubuntu 14.04. Until ubuntu updates the mysql package or we rebase it (don't know if/when that happens), I'm afraid you will not be able to use the feature.

As I answered in the post above you, 5.5.50 is the latest version on ubuntu 14.04. Until ubuntu updates the mysql package or we rebase it (don't know if/when that happens), I'm afraid you will not be able to use the feature.

Or switch to the official MySQL containers.

Or switch to the official MySQL containers.

How would I go about doing this? I have only one schema running for a tt-rss instance.

• 2 months later...

Great, delete the docker file.  So I found these instructions:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38323.0

FYI, for anyone reading this later, there's a nifty plugin to make stopping dockers (and other features) handy...

20161111-ik5o-17kb.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't believe it stops the service.  To stop the service just go to Settings>Docker>Enable Docker: >No>Apply...  Or from a command line /etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop

EDIT:  Wow, just saw that UR 6.2 stores the configs in the "My xxxxx" template, so its real easy to recreate the dockers.  Nice!

So now everything is back up and running, but I see "force update" next to each docker.  Should that be there if the latest version is "up to date"?

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-2vdd-84kb.jpg[/img]

EDIT:  Wow, just saw that UR 6.2 stores the configs in the "My xxxxx" template, so its real easy to recreate the dockers.  Nice!

Personally, I prefer to use CA and it's Previous Apps button, but the net result is the exact same

So now everything is back up and running, but I see "force update" next to each docker.  Should that be there if the latest version is "up to date"?

That's always there if you're displaying the docker tab in Advanced View
  • 4 weeks later...

@CHBMB

Glad to help.  I clicked on the link to make a donation and got to the paypal screen that enables me enter an amount denominated in something other than U.S. dollars. Is there a way to make a donation in U.S. dollars?  Both paypal and my credit card want to charge a fee for the currency conversion.

kamhighway

Kam the other currency is pound sterling as most of the ls.io group are in the UK.  As far as I'm aware there isn't a way for us to get around the fact that if someone from outside the UK donates there will be conversion fee for this.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...