[Support] Linuxserver.io - MySQL

Is there anything special I need to do with the MySQL docker to preserve data before upgrading the Unraid OS?  At one time, I had a working instance of MySQL with some users, databases, tables, data, etc... Now, I see sad empty MySQL.  I assume it disappeared after upgrading the Unraid OS.  I thought the databases were saved to the appdata share, but I don't see any of my database files if navigate to /config within the docker.

3 hours ago, dboonthego said:

Is there anything special I need to do with the MySQL docker to preserve data before upgrading the Unraid OS?  At one time, I had a working instance of MySQL with some users, databases, tables, data, etc... Now, I see sad empty MySQL.  I assume it disappeared after upgrading the Unraid OS.  I thought the databases were saved to the appdata share, but I don't see any of my database files if navigate to /config within the docker.

This container is deprecated, in case you didn't know. 

But for your issue, an update shouldn't wipe your database. From which version to which version did you upgrade? 

• 2 months later...

Gahhh - I have changed the config of MySQL and now it wont start. SO i think i have a catch22, i cannot edit the config file unless the docker is running, but it boots out and stops because of the issue (I set lowercase table names = 1 but there are uppercase tables in the DB)

Any ideas on how to fix this?

[edit - turns out the changes weren't upgrade safe, forced an upgrade and now back up and running..]

though, any ideas on how to make cnf changes that stick?

Edited by fireb1adex