[Support] Linuxserver.io - PhotoShow

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: PhotoShow

Application Site: https://github.com/thibaud-rohmer/PhotoShow

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/photoshow/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-photoshow

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

Updated the container and can't upload photos ? , delete this file /config/nginx/nginx-fpm.conf and restart the docker

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plugin is not working for me:

Here is what I have whent I want to start it:

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from sparklyballs/photoshow.

IMAGE ID [511136ea3c5a]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [53f858aaaf03]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [837339b91538]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [615c102e2290]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [b39b81afc8ca]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [8254ff58b098]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ec5f59360a64]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [2ce4ac388730]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [2eccda511755]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [5a14c1498ff4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [060be227b705]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [fc9a0fa7e39a]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [95aedf1cf8d5]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [3dcc289d7145]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ccd9f08639eb]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [2caede33a2a7]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a19912056c16]: Already exists. Digest: sha256:948642b030abd1cfc3eb2233ce5dae8f0e0383ae67a02e213d5efe8d0a785832. Status: Image is up to date for sparklyballs/photoshow:latest.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker rm -f Photoshow

Photoshow

The command finished successfully!

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="Photoshow" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 80:80/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Photos/":"/Pictures":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/":"/Thumbs":rw sparklyballs/photoshow

66fc28ecbccda2af107d9fed7716e4eab16a813a3c0938377bc8110720062697

time="2015-09-01T21:28:00-04:00" level=fatal msg="Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 66fc28ecbccda2af107d9fed7716e4eab16a813a3c0938377bc8110720062697: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use"

The command failed.

Should I change the host port? It's on the default setting: 80... I'm not sure what is the problem...

OK, I chosen port 3690 (unused by any other Docker) and the Docker is starting succesfully

When I choose to go to the WebUI, it just bring me to the server ip adress; so, to the unRAID dashboard.

what do I'm missing there...?

For example, with Plex plugin, when I click to go on the WebUI, it brings me to my local Plex page on my Internet browser... should it be the same for PhotoShow? Or is there something esle to install?

Thanks

OK, I chosen port 3690 (unused by any other Docker) and the Docker is starting succesfully

When I choose to go to the WebUI, it just bring me to the server ip adress; so, to the unRAID dashboard.

what do I'm missing there...?

For example, with Plex plugin, when I click to go on the WebUI, it brings me to my local Plex page on my Internet browser... should it be the same for PhotoShow? Or is there something esle to install?

Thanks

you probably changed both ports in the port mapping... you should only change the host side... leaving the container side at default.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this installed just fine, BUT i cannot make changes to the settings. I created the admin account without problem, and my wife's account, but after a restart of the docker, I can't make any changes to the account settings, passwords, create new accounts.  Any suggstions?

I have this installed just fine, BUT i cannot make changes to the settings. I created the admin account without problem, and my wife's account, but after a restart of the docker, I can't make any changes to the account settings, passwords, create new accounts.  Any suggstions?

unsure...

the site files themselves are stored outside of the container so any changes you make should be persistent.

unsure...

the site files themselves are stored outside of the container so any changes you make should be persistent.

Ya, I see the permissions were set to read only, so I updated them to read write, but that didn't help. Then I changed the owner to root:root and restarted the docker, but that changed the owner back to nobody:users, which is fine, but still no luck changing settings.  Nothing shows in the docker log, or the nginx log. I don't know how to access the app log (new to docker).

Could someone who is using this docker successfully try something for me?

Go to a picture and try to enter a comment.  Does the browser go to full screen when you press the spacebar while in the comment field?

I've tried this from a Mac using Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  Also tried it from win7 using Chome and Firefox. 

If Photoshow did not go to full screen upon pressing the spacebar in a comment field, it would be a perfect tool to get my relatives to add what they know about the people in the pictures in my library.

If you have Photoshow working, please tell me how you fixed this problem?

TIA

• 2 months later...

Could someone who is using this docker successfully try something for me?

Go to a picture and try to enter a comment.  Does the browser go to full screen when you press the spacebar while in the comment field?

I've tried this from a Mac using Safari, Firefox, and Chrome.  Also tried it from win7 using Chome and Firefox. 

If Photoshow did not go to full screen upon pressing the spacebar in a comment field, it would be a perfect tool to get my relatives to add what they know about the people in the pictures in my library.

If you have Photoshow working, please tell me how you fixed this problem?

TIA

Just gave the container a try and experienced the same behavior as you. I don't have a solution, just wanted to confirm your experience.

Just gave the container a try and experienced the same behavior as you. I don't have a solution, just wanted to confirm your experience.

Thanks for reporting your findings.  I'm still looking for an app that will let my relatives place comments on pictures. PhotoShow would have fit the bill, except for that bug.

Thanks for reporting your findings.  I'm still looking for an app that will let my relatives place comments on pictures. PhotoShow would have fit the bill, except for that bug.

Just pushed a possible fix for this, there was a fork that addressed this issue, so i patched in the file that was changed in the fork.

I think the reason he is asking is because the Docker tab on unRAID does not show an update available. I've tried to restart the container and click "force update" on my server, but the behavior is still there. I'm not sure if I've received your update sparklyballs.  Is there any way to tell?

@sparklyballs, I went to the dockers tab and pressed the button to check for updates. No update was found for photoshow. How do I get the version with the update you made today?

click the icon for the docker, select edit, and without making any changes click save at the bottom, if it pulls some content, you have the update.